Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham Away

Comments

• Options
    can't bloody wait! 2nd away game this season. Have a target of 11 hopefully should reach that, definitely will if we keep playing this way!
  • Options

Pubs in Rotherham we will be using?

Anyone? Don't really want to drink in Sheffield again
  • Options
    Bridge Inn near the station could be decent. We'll try there.
  • Options

Bridge Inn near the station could be decent. We'll try there.

Any idea if they have TV's with football on ? Not actually sure if there's any decent games on mind.
  • Options
    I don't know, but it's only Watford v Bournemouth or QPR v Stoke.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    There are pubs in Rotherham town centre which is just a stone throw away from their ground but believe me they are crap, cliquey little boozers, the locals suffer from small man syndrome and they don't seem to like outsiders.

I once went for a night out in Rotherham and they could even tell I was from Sheffield with my accent, they are a bunch of weirdos and I hope you run out 5-0 winners, although I think it'll end up a score draw.

They are called Mini Pigs because they sing the same songs that Sheff Utd do about us.

Enjoy your day out in Toytown.
  • Options
    American Werewolf in London.
  • Options
    Anyone drinking in Doncaster?
  • Options
    Megabus to meadowhall, £16, one/two mile walk to the ground, sorted.
  • Options
    Thought we'd try the Bridge Inn pre-match. It was CAMRA Town Pub of Year 2013, although there may not have been too much competition. It sells Chantry Brewery and guest beers and here is a favourable Yorkshire Post review (meat pie, gravy and mushy peas £2) - http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorkshire-living/food-drink/pubs-restaurants-wine-recipes/pub-of-the-week-the-bridge-rotherham-1-5882425

Sadly, for us East Stand gourmets, they do not appear to sell chorizo and pepper slice, Greek salad and couscous or pulled pork rolls.

The other pub that looks potentially good is the Cutlers Arms - Grade 2 listed with nice interior, protected by ACV designation and acquired last year by the Chantry Brewery (again, it sells guest beers). Opens at 12 noon. http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2014/03/news-4017-rotherham-pub-is-welcomed.html That is also near the ground.

Not been to either of them, so we shall see.

One I have been to and liked is the CAMRA heritage pub in Donny, the Plough at 8 West Laith Gate, DN1 1SF. It's only 5 minutes walk from the station and, as we're changing there, will try and pop in for one on the way back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014

Don't walk, it's a fair way mate.

01142393939 City Taxis.

• Options

01142393939 Sheffield MILFS
    EFA

• Options
    Thanks Blucher.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

EFA

Addickted said:

EFA

Still dabbling ;)

• Options
    adsads
    edited September 2014

There are pubs in Rotherham town centre which is just a stone throw away from their ground but believe me they are crap, cliquey little boozers, the locals suffer from small man syndrome and they don't seem to like outsiders.

I once went for a night out in Rotherham and they could even tell I was from Sheffield with my accent, they are a bunch of weirdos and I hope you run out 5-0 winners, although I think it'll end up a score draw.

They are called Mini Pigs because they sing the same songs that Sheff Utd do about us.

Enjoy your day out in Toytown.

Much of that sounds very similar to Hillsborough
  • Options
    We'll have a few in Sheffield then catch a train around 2 I guess
  • Options
    Have a great day chaps, wanted to do this one :-(
  • Options

Same here but my eldest is in a footy tourney boooooo
    If we're in the same league next year will try and make it , prefer it when it's just the real proper fans , rather than the day tripping / new ground syndrome posse
  • Options

Same here but my eldest is in a footy tourney boooooo
    If we're in the same league next year will try and make it , prefer it when it's just the real proper fans , rather than the day tripping / new ground syndrome posse
    Someone call? Can't chat mate gotta crack on getting ready for the trip up North. :-) Post match views and Players Marks to follow during tonight's 'match of the day'.
  • Options

Don't look like l'll be going now. Haven't been feeling too good the last couple of days. Had blood test yesterday. Saw my doctor this morning and he has sent me to hospital. Spend all day having test, no beds available, sent home with steroids, go back on Monday.

Enjoy the trip everyone and bring home the 3 points.

I'm expecting michael aspel to walk in in a minute with a big red book ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Don't look like l'll be going now. Haven't been feeling too good the last couple of days. Had blood test yesterday. Saw my doctor this morning and he has sent me to hospital. Spend all day having test, no beds available, sent home with steroids, go back on Monday.

More John Merrick wrapped up in bubble wrap at the moment.
  • Options

shine166 said:

More John Merrick wrapped up in bubble wrap at the moment.
    Jokes aside, get well soon
  • Options
    hope you alright Gel, take it easy pal
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I know people moan about the NHS, but yesterday I saw my doctor, a triage nurse, 4 different doctors and 2 consultants. All of them professional, the only amateurs were the some of the other patients. Still no one bother me, the way I was looking. I was expecting to be kept in, however with no beds available I was sent home, in a way I am was glad, as there's no place home.

Not sure what it is about teams beginning with Ro, the first time we played Rochdale, I had an op on my ankle a couple of days before, the second time I had another op on the same ankle just before the game and now this. On each occasion, I had both my train and match ticket. Not sure if I ever get to do the 92 watching Charlton.
  • Options
    Bridge Inn it is then as the charlton pub today. See you there guys
  • Options
    Just realised that this is the first meeting since New Year's Day 1983. I have such bad memories of that train journey as I was absolutely mullered from the party which I left at 3pm
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014

• Options
    bit of a 'bump' this one, but a question for anyone who's been to their ground.

myself and a couple of mates are looking for a 'child' friendly away day - my girls 11 and 14 and my mates son 16 have been badgering us for a while now to do a proper away day ie train / full day out etc.

looking at the rest of the season this one looks to tick all the boxes (that we are all free for), given availability of tickets, proximity to the station etc.....

any advice from anyone who's been welcomed.

cheers 
  • Options
    go Cheltenham mate will be a better turnout and atmosphere