Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackay and Moody

Comments

• Options
    lolwray said:

re moody/mackay behaviour

maybe theres some kind of comparisons to be drawn here with the english game and foreign coaches ... we are still so far behind other countries as far the number of coaches in the game and comparable mindsets ...could you imagine Arsene Wenger caught up in something like this ? but really the texts expose such a puerile mindset from 2 supposedly responsible men near the top of the game (not to mention earning vast salaries)

can anyone confirm what kind of professional qualifications/memberships these 2 hold ? the point being that their behaviour should be compliant with same (I guess LMA doesnt have some kind of membership code of Ethics)

this is just all leaving me a little sad for our Game but unfortunately not suprised

No but Luis Aragones wouldn't be a stretch...
  • Options
    Mortimer was talking on behalf of Kick It Out

cafctom said:

Redknapp is spot on. For those saying they hope Mackay should be "unemployable" are going way over the top - I hope you never make mistakes in life.

Paul Mortimer speaking live on Sky Sports about this.

What's he saying/said?

cafctom said:

Redknapp is spot on. For those saying they hope Mackay should be "unemployable" are going way over the top - I hope you never make mistakes in life.

What's he saying/said?
    Talking on behalf of Kick It Out about how the wrong terminology was used in the statement and how it wrongfully trivializes the issues at hand.
  • Options
    I wonder what a gay snake looks like?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cafctom said:

But it's not a 'mistake' is it? It's thousands of texts, emails, offensive images etc. These aren't mistakes, they are representations of his way of thinking and he wouldn't feel any way about it had he not been caught.
  • Options
    Of course to say he is unemployable is laughable but what I do think is that he is and should be unemployable in his current high profile and well remunerated profession. I feel sure there will be gainful employment for him and hope that the job he gets allows him a greater degree of latitude not given to high responsibility roles like being manager of a professional football club.
  • Options
    Just went again to the LMA website and clicked on the 'Respect' banner - guess what - 'PAGE NOT FOUND'.

You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    On BBC Website - Breaking News

Cardiff want LMA chief Richard Bevan to resign

Cardiff have called for the resignation of League Managers' Association chief Richard Bevan after the organisation described offensive text messages sent by Malky Mackay as "friendly banter".
  • Options
    even if it were one text, one email etc it doesn't matter. It shows his mindset, what he really thinks etc and it isn't pretty.

I wouldn't however say he's unemployable or shouldn't work but I think it's going to be difficult for him to get a high profile and well paid job for a very, very long time.
  • Options

WSS said:

Harry Redknapp's view: 'He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'

unfair to only quote that one line

""What I would say is that Malky Mackay has made a big mistake," Redknapp said.

"I don't know the other lad (Moody) but what they have done is not right. Malky is a great lad, a family man and a real football man, he has made mistakes and people make mistakes in life.

"Suddenly everyone is an angel, he made a big mistake the lad but it shouldn't finish his life. He is a good manager and I feel bad for what he has done but I bet no one is feeling as bad as him or his family today.

"I'm not condoning what he has done but show me someone who has ever made a mistake and I will show you a liar. He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile."
    Henry is that a typo. did he say ever or never?

In the grand scheme it doesn't matter but it does make the statement a little silly if he got that word wrong.
    @kingshilladdick and @HenryIrving just listened to the interview on SSN and he said 'never'.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

WSS said:

Harry Redknapp's view: 'He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'

unfair to only quote that one line

""What I would say is that Malky Mackay has made a big mistake," Redknapp said.

"I don't know the other lad (Moody) but what they have done is not right. Malky is a great lad, a family man and a real football man, he has made mistakes and people make mistakes in life.

"Suddenly everyone is an angel, he made a big mistake the lad but it shouldn't finish his life. He is a good manager and I feel bad for what he has done but I bet no one is feeling as bad as him or his family today.

"I'm not condoning what he has done but show me someone who has ever made a mistake and I will show you a liar. He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile."
    Henry is that a typo. did he say ever or never?

In the grand scheme it doesn't matter but it does make the statement a little silly if he got that word wrong.
    @kingshilladdick and @HenryIrving just listened to the interview on SSN and he said 'never'.
    Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

even if it were one text, one email etc it doesn't matter. It shows his mindset, what he really thinks etc and it isn't pretty.

I wouldn't however say he's unemployable or shouldn't work but I think it's going to be difficult for him to get a high profile and well paid job for a very, very long time.

I agree. No one is saying he should be banned for life, just that if no employers will employ him he becomes unemployable.

I don't care if he gets a job in football but, as I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't want him managing our club!
  • Options

I wonder how we would all look if someone trawled through our email and text history?

Not really the same is it?
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Options

Why not?

I'm sure plenty of us make inappropriate jokes in private to our mates but I'd also be willing to guess we wouldn't do it on work phones or computers especially not about people we manage or work with.
  • Options

I wonder how we would all look if someone trawled through our email and text history?

You wouldn't find any racist, homophobic or sexist comments on any of my sent emails, texts or tweets. So, if you're suggesting everyone is culpable, they're not.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Why not?

I'm sure plenty of us make inappropriate jokes in private to our mates but I'd also be willing to guess we wouldn't do it on work phones or computers especially not about people we manage or work with.
    Agree re the work phones bit.....but surely that just makes them more stupid than others.....not more bigoted / ignorant.
  • Options
    Theirs seemed a lot more than just joking though.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cafcfan said:

How do you know that isn't a female snake? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As posted on the other thread the statement from the LMA is unbelievable. They are trying to pass it off as 'banter'

They are pretty much a Union aren't they - it's their job to protect their members irrespective of the truth
  • Options

cafcfan said:

How do you know that isn't a female snake? ;-)
    Or just a snake that feels fabulous??

;-)
  • Options

Nothing like as bad as Mackay and Moody look. I don't doubt that some of us have got the odd very un-PC message on our phone or in our emails, but I don't think you'll find many with messages of an offensive and discriminative nature about people they work with, potential employees etc.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

You wouldn't find any racist, homophobic or sexist comments on any of my sent emails, texts or tweets. So, if you're suggesting everyone is culpable, they're not.

I'm not suggesting that at all Chizz.

I would be surprised however if many people could hand on heart say that they have never commented on anything in a manner that could be perceived to be racist, sexist or homophobic.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Does your sh!t smell of roses? :-)

• Options

I'll stick my head above the parapet and I know my text/ email / chat/ message history would leave me unemployable
    I'm not proud of that fact but some of the so called banter is too close to the mark that I send/receive from mates and I'm not one of those to pass the ones i find too offensive on .
    So I do my own policing regards to what I send
    Does this make me racist homophobic or whatever certainly not but it would make a miniscule part of the banter I'm involved in disgraceful and not right in anyway and shows me as a bit ignorant in truth
    And with the exposure of these two it has made me think of being a bit more thoughtful in some of the crap banter i get involved in , so may be some good comes of this because I would be ashamed if some of the shit I've written and received in private became public , which makes some of the stuff they're getting called out on seem pretty tame in comparison

Pretty honest admission mate. Be prepared to be beasted by the jump up and down brigade.
  • Options

Chizz said:

I'm not suggesting that at all Chizz.

I would be surprised however if many people could hand on heart say that they have never commented on anything in a manner that could be perceived to be racist, sexist or homophobic.
    It sounds like what you're saying is that you sometimes comment on things in a racist, sexist or homophobic way. Is that right?
  • Options
    Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.
    I don't how anyone could perceive that not to be racist though.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

As posted on the other thread the statement from the LMA is unbelievable. They are trying to pass it off as 'banter'

They are pretty much a Union aren't they - it's their job to protect their members irrespective of the truth
    That's probably how they were thinking when the press release was drafted. I expect they might now feel that the best way of acting in their members' interests is first and foremost NOT to become a marginalised organisation that's seen as an irrelevance and a laughing stock.

This, by the way, is number 6 in their list of major aims: "To encourage honourable practice, conduct and courtesy in all professional activity."