Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackay and Moody

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone checked his Whatsapp messages? Some utter filth going about on there.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I wonder how we would all look if someone trawled through our email and text history?

You wouldn't find any racist, homophobic or sexist comments on any of my sent emails, texts or tweets. So, if you're suggesting everyone is culpable, they're not.

I'm not suggesting that at all Chizz.

I would be surprised however if many people could hand on heart say that they have never commented on anything in a manner that could be perceived to be racist, sexist or homophobic.
    It sounds like what you're saying is that you sometimes comment on things in a racist, sexist or homophobic way. Is that right?
    Have I ever commented on something that may be interpreted by some as sexist, racist or homophobic?

Yes.
  • Options

I'll stick my head above the parapet and I know my text/ email / chat/ message history would leave me unemployable
    I'm not proud of that fact but some of the so called banter is too close to the mark that I send/receive from mates and I'm not one of those to pass the ones i find too offensive on .
    So I do my own policing regards to what I send
    Does this make me racist homophobic or whatever certainly not but it would make a miniscule part of the banter I'm involved in disgraceful and not right in anyway and shows me as a bit ignorant in truth
    And with the exposure of these two it has made me think of being a bit more thoughtful in some of the crap banter i get involved in , so may be some good comes of this because I would be ashamed if some of the shit I've written and received in private became public , which makes some of the stuff they're getting called out on seem pretty tame in comparison

Fair play to you, great post.
  • Options

I'll stick my head above the parapet and I know my text/ email / chat/ message history would leave me unemployable
    I'm not proud of that fact but some of the so called banter is too close to the mark that I send/receive from mates and I'm not one of those to pass the ones i find too offensive on .
    So I do my own policing regards to what I send
    Does this make me racist homophobic or whatever certainly not but it would make a miniscule part of the banter I'm involved in disgraceful and not right in anyway and shows me as a bit ignorant in truth
    And with the exposure of these two it has made me think of being a bit more thoughtful in some of the crap banter i get involved in , so may be some good comes of this because I would be ashamed if some of the shit I've written and received in private became public , which makes some of the stuff they're getting called out on seem pretty tame in comparison

You beast - that's got me jumping up and down.
  • Options
    An old housemate of my mrs called his lover a gay snake but I think it was more of a compliment.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    colthe3rd said:

Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.
    I don't how anyone could perceive that not to be racist though.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.
    I don't how anyone could perceive that not to be racist though.

not forgetting the Monopoly Board where every square is black with the words 'Go To Jail'.
    Shocking.

• Options
    edited August 2014

cafcfan said:

I wonder what a gay snake looks like?

How do you know that isn't a female snake? ;-)
    I speak parseltongue. He told me that in a previous life his name had been John Inman.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2014
    Mackay on SSN with an interview now. Fair play to coming out and fronting it up, probably had no option. Seems remorseful enough but obviously nothing he can say can justify what happened so the interviewer banging questions like 'are you a racist?' really is pointless.
  • Options
    You would bounce on her falsies though!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Malky Mackay: "I have personally never said the word banter... But the overall (LMA) statement was accurate"
  • Options
  • Options
    I often tell and share offensive jokes with my friends if I find them funny. Doesn't mean I am or would be friends with someone who holds genuine racist, sexist, or homophobic views. I think we only have to look at the Katrien Meire thread we had on here to show that nobody is innocent. Doesn't mean we all sexists. It was just 'banter'.

Also wasn't Paul Elliott recently given a new job by the FA after he was found to have sent racist text messages? Just saying.
  • Options
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It's probably a duck.
  • Options

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. It's probably a duck.

That's just quackers.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Chizz said:

cafctom said:

Redknapp is spot on. For those saying they hope Mackay should be "unemployable" are going way over the top - I hope you never make thousands of racist, homophobic and sexist comments over a period of several years.

Paul Mortimer speaking live on Sky Sports about this.

Fixed it for you
    As far as I understand, he hasn't made thousands of such comments. The fact that he has made a small handful doesn't take away from the fact that it is wrong before anyone suggests that.

By saying he should be "unemployable", it is implied that the man should never work again and his family should consequently suffer for the rest of their lives as a result. Malky should have thought about that beforehand, but I still think statements such as "he should never work again" are a bit far fetched.
    I don't think anyone is wishing him to remain unemployed for ever, but I suspect those of us who find his texts out of order would rather not have someone with his opinions as manager of a football club.

His family need not suffer. Plenty of people on this list feed their family and pay the mortgage by working outside of football management.
  • Options

If you thought this over...The Daily Mail apparently has further information tomorrow.
  • Options
    Not pulling any punches with that headline are they!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

Harry Redknapp's view: 'He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'

unfair to only quote that one line

""What I would say is that Malky Mackay has made a big mistake," Redknapp said.

"I don't know the other lad (Moody) but what they have done is not right. Malky is a great lad, a family man and a real football man, he has made mistakes and people make mistakes in life.

"Suddenly everyone is an angel, he made a big mistake the lad but it shouldn't finish his life. He is a good manager and I feel bad for what he has done but I bet no one is feeling as bad as him or his family today.

"I'm not condoning what he has done but show me someone who has ever made a mistake and I will show you a liar. He hasn't murdered anyone, he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile."
    Harry needs to look up the term "straw man argument".

And i would have some respect for MacKay if he actually felt regret and felt bad before this got splashed over the papers. Looks like he's only sorry he got caught spouting embarrassing nonsense.

Allegedly sacked for having his hand in the till as well - can't see him in a job for a while. Good on Tan after all the shit he got for sacking him he's probably loving this.
  • Options
    4000 more text messages to be released if there is an unsatisfactory result by the lma

4000 seems a huge number
  • Options

4000 more text messages to be released if there is an unsatisfactory result by the lma

4000 seems a huge number

They could be serialized in The Times...

• Options
    edited August 2014
    LuckyReds said:

As I noted on the original thread, no crime has been committed here but they are effectively now unemployable in this field.

Given how extreme the rewards are in football compared to other fields where they might find employment, it's remarkable they could be so stupid.

Andy Gray and Richard Keys still get work don't they?
    They do indeed but their jobs are bit non-league now compared with the positions they held at Sky.
    The alleged comments of Mackay/Moody are far further along the unacceptability spectrum....
    Their comments also, in an almost impressive nature, managed to attack several groups (Foreign players, women, Jews..) rather than one particular group.

Ultimately Gray and Keys were a bit stupid, but not quite in the same league as these two twerps.
    They are, at least, equal opportunities bigots.
  • Options
    I think Jac52 needs to read the subsequent posts and watch SSN before teaching his grandmother to suck eggs
  • Options
    At least Mackay hasn't used the Di Canio line of defence - 'but Chris Powell is one of my best friends'.
  • Options

I think Jac52 needs to read the subsequent posts and watch SSN before teaching his grandmother to suck eggs

Did you misread his/her post? It said Harry not Henry. Otherwise I don't understand your post.

• Options

I
    Curb_It said:

Did you misread his/her post? It said Harry not Henry. Otherwise I don't understand your post.

I did he having quoted me but I was wrong so apologies