Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Someone won't get their disabled space when they apply for it next season.
  • Options
    The fans that did it will still believe it was worthwhile ...they need drastic action to persuade Oyston to go
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The problem is the precedent. What if Huddersfield were challenging for a play off place? I think the game needs to be replayed behind closed doors at the earliest opportunity and Blackpool unfortunately heavily fined. Feel for the fans though! They were pushed to this point by an arrogant owner.
  • Options
    Reading that statement is depressing. The club is at war with itself and it must be utterly devastating for the supporters.
    If they manage to ban all those people on the pitch they'll lose their hard-core support.
  • Options
    I do agree, the league should deem the Oystons are not fit and proper and maybe a great club can start to move forwards.
  • Options

Have to award it to Hudds otherwise it means that fans can invade the pitch to affect the result.

Unless they played behind closed doors
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good article summing up the situation
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/02/karl-oyston-blackpool-tangerine-nightmare-stan-mortenson?CMP=fb_gu

I think supporter groups of every club in the football league and even the premier league should try to help them out. Derby sang Oysten out in their match with Blackpool and I think others should follow suit. Their situation makes me thankful for RD and the fact that we are listened to at times and he isn't a maniac like that Oysten family (one of them was jailed for ONLY 3.5 years for rapeing a 16-year-old)
    If enough people joined in then I'm sure the football league could do something? But I'm afraid that they'd have to become AFC Blackpool to get their club back.
  • Options

It will be interesting to see if there are any prosecutions as a result of this.

Didn't a Spanner get done for running on the pitch against us recently ? If so then I suppose the police are investigating this sort of stuff.
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool fans, much needed, and should have been done months ago.
  • Options
    From the look of Oyston, it's exactly the response he was expecting from the Blackpool fans - he was more interested in the numbers who didn't invade the pitch. There was no attempt by the Stewards or the Police to stop or even limit the extent of the pitch invasion.

He obviously has a plan and yesterdays action by some of the Blackpool fans would appear to have been just what he wanted - the Club Statement clearly focussed on those who have acted illegally and Oyston will put the blame fairly and squarely on them. I can see him now suing individuals for the costs of any fine laid down by the FL and the cost of putting the game on again.

These are obviously his bully boy tactics.
  • Options
    They should do it every game home and away
  • Options
    Blackpool FC must be an awful place to work for the non-footballing staff
  • Options
    When I saw who was reffing this game, I was reckoning there'd be a riot before half time!
  • Options

Good article summing up the situation
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/02/karl-oyston-blackpool-tangerine-nightmare-stan-mortenson?CMP=fb_gu

I think supporter groups of every club in the football league and even the premier league should try to help them out. Derby sang Oysten out in their match with Blackpool and I think others should follow suit. Their situation makes me thankful for RD and the fact that we are listened to at times and he isn't a maniac like that Oysten family (one of them was jailed for ONLY 3.5 years for rapeing a 16-year-old)
    If enough people joined in then I'm sure the football league could do something? But I'm afraid that they'd have to become AFC Blackpool to get their club back.

Unfortunately AFC Blackpool already exist as a separate club
  • Options

Brilliant, Lancashire Police basicall telling Blackpool to poke it

2 May 2015 at 4:22pm
    No arrests following Blackpool protest

Lancashire police have responded to the protests at Blackpool Football Club which led to the match against Huddersfield being abandoned. There were no arrests following the trouble. The force released a statement:

Lancashire Police were notified of a protest that was planned to take place prior to the game against Huddersfield FC. Approximately 2000 people took part in a short march and static protest outside the club, both of which passed off peacefully. Two minutes into the second half of the match, approximately 150 people made their way out of the stands and on to the pitch to peacefully occupy the centre circle. All efforts made by stewards and police officers to ask them to leave were unsuccessful and eventually the match officials made the decision to abandon the game. Our priority is to ensure the safety of all supporters and those involved in the game. The protest was peaceful and non-violent at all times and the response from both the stewards and police officers at the ground reflected this.

Could Royston bring a private prosecution or even force the DPP to act?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lancashire police have responded to the protests at Blackpool Football Club which led to the match against Huddersfield being abandoned. There were no arrests following the trouble. The force released a statement:

Lancashire Police were notified of a protest that was planned to take place prior to the game against Huddersfield FC. Approximately 2000 people took part in a short march and static protest outside the club, both of which passed off peacefully. Two minutes into the second half of the match, approximately 150 people made their way out of the stands and on to the pitch to peacefully occupy the centre circle. All efforts made by stewards and police officers to ask them to leave were unsuccessful and eventually the match officials made the decision to abandon the game. Our priority is to ensure the safety of all supporters and those involved in the game. The protest was peaceful and non-violent at all times and the response from both the stewards and police officers at the ground reflected this.

One vehicle on the pitch was clamped.
  • Options
    Can't see the game being replayed, it really is a nothing game, might as well award Hudders a 2-0 win and move on, let their players enjoy the summer break.

How many Blackpool players are expected to leave this summer? What if those on expiring contracts refuse to return for any replay?

Not sure why any player would move to Blackpool whilst the current owners are in charge. Can see next season being a straight drop to League 2. Awful fate for this club.
  • Options

Brilliant reaction
  • Options
    Ha - scroll to the bottom of this article for a nice Valley Party mention!
  • Options

The problem is the precedent. What if Huddersfield were challenging for a play off place? I think the game needs to be replayed behind closed doors at the earliest opportunity and Blackpool unfortunately heavily fined. Feel for the fans though! They were pushed to this point by an arrogant owner.

Probably be a bit difficult to play the game behind closed doors if the Huddersfield players have already left for the holidays.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Probably be a bit difficult to play the game behind closed doors if the Huddersfield players have already left for the holidays.
    What if Blackpool needed a point to stay up? The game needs to be replayed or the 3 points should be given to Huddersfield.
  • Options

Badger said:

What if Blackpool needed a point to stay up? The game needs to be replayed or the 3 points should be given to Huddersfield.
    I doubt the Blackpool fans would have been stupid enough to action a protest that could cost them a point no matter how much they hate their owners. The fact is that Blackpool were dead and buried long before Saturday, if they weren't this protest would never have happened.
  • Options
    15 Leeds 46 -11 56
    16 Huddersfield 45 -17 54

The game could awarded to Huddersfield as a 3-0 victory. This would take Huddersfield above Leeds. Not sure if there is any difference in prize money where a club finishes but the same money for 15th could be awarded. Not sure Leeds would be happy with that though being placed lower.
  • Options
    vff said:

15 Leeds 46 -11 56
    16 Huddersfield 45 -17 54

The game could awarded to Huddersfield as a 3-0 victory. This would take Huddersfield above Leeds. Not sure if there is any difference in prize money where a club finishes but the same money for 15th could be awarded. Not sure Leeds would be happy with that though being placed lower.

They should have beaten Rotherham then