Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    vff said:

15 Leeds 46 -11 56
    16 Huddersfield 45 -17 54

The game could awarded to Huddersfield as a 3-0 victory. This would take Huddersfield above Leeds. Not sure if there is any difference in prize money where a club finishes but the same money for 15th could be awarded. Not sure Leeds would be happy with that though being placed lower.

Not sure about the money thing but excepting monetary compensation it won't make a huge difference. It'd be punishment to Huddersfield's players to make them replay an almost meaningless game during their holiday period. If Leeds contest Hudders being awarded 3 pts purely for league standing it'd be even more meaningless than when a small portion of our fans were raging over the Tevez affair even though it would not have affected us since we still would have been relegated.
  • Options
    No money is paid for which position you end up in The Championship.

There is zero point in replaying the game, under the circumstances.

Give Hudds the 3 points. I can't see why anyone would object.
  • Options
    http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-blackpool-v-huddersfield-town-2440174.aspx

The Football League can confirm that Blackpool and Huddersfield Town will not be required to finish or re-play their Sky Bet Championship fixture that was abandoned after 48 minutes on Saturday.

Having considered all of the relevant matters, it was felt that that asking the two clubs to play the match again would serve no justifiable purpose given the nature of Saturday's events and seeing as its result has no bearing on promotion or relegation issues.

The Board of The Football League will consider the result of the match, and any other matters relating to it that are within its remit, at its next meeting on May 14. In doing so, it will take into the account the observations of both clubs.

Any matters relating to crowd behaviour will be considered by the Football Association.
    Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-statement-blackpool-v-huddersfield-town-2440174.aspx#RELT85CWE2WHIVsj.99
  • Options
    Hudds fans who went should sue Oysten as its ultimately his responsibility.
  • Options

Hudds fans who went should sue Oysten as its ultimately his responsibility.

Think the T&Cs of buying a ticket will cover match abandonment.

Honestly, think it is time that any home or away fan aware of this issue should just boycott all Blackpool home games. The only way the owners will up sticks is if it ultimately costs them money every home game. I'm glad that despite being quite close to their ground I've never given a single penny to these people.
  • Options
    vff said:

15 Leeds 46 -11 56
    16 Huddersfield 45 -17 54

The game could awarded to Huddersfield as a 3-0 victory. This would take Huddersfield above Leeds. Not sure if there is any difference in prize money where a club finishes but the same money for 15th could be awarded. Not sure Leeds would be happy with that though being placed lower.

F*** L***s!
  • Options
    Lee Clark resigned, so some good news for their beleagured fans
  • Options

That's interesting as he said that he was going to build a squad for next season in League 1. I wonder what has made him change his mind..??
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

That's interesting as he said that he was going to build a squad for next season in League 1. I wonder what has made him change his mind..??
    Trying to get 11 players on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there's something else behind the scenes, as Clark talked about signing that lad from Blyth in terms of his experience of working with players from non-league. I don't think Clark can be blamed for Blackpool's performances this year, nor can Riga.
  • Options
    Holloway
  • Options
    In all seriousness who would be mad enough to take this job on.
  • Options
    There's got to be something else going on there. He went there knowing full well they were getting relegated - why leave now, when the re-building can finally start?
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Trying to get 11 players on the pitch.
    And get the fans off the pitch.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Or....mad Dog himself. He flip flops enough too..

• Options
    Clarke seemed very angry when the game was abandoned the other day. Think he just had enough of the Circus that is Blackpool fc at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably didn't want to waste another second of his time there. Which is understandable.

• Options
    Even Lee Clark would draw the line at working for Oyston.
  • Options
    End of season meeting between manager and Chairman.

"Right boss. Shall we sit down and discuss what budget and players we need for the squad next season. I think we can bounce straight back"

"Sorry Lee. I'm not with you"

"Sorry boss. I mean we need to build a squad of players capable of competing and to give us a chance of promotion"

"Squad ?"

"Yes squad. It's common practice for football team to have a squad"

"Well Lee. Opinion is divided on it. Most Chairman say it is. I say it isn't"

"Oh ffs"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Or

"Boss we need to make a marquee signing this summer to bring the fans back on board and motivate the other player."

"Of course Lee, that's why we signed the non league fella."

"Doh!" Head slap!
  • Options
    Or

boss we really need a marquee signing this year.

No worries already taken care of it, it's about 40 metres by 30 metres. Should stop those bloody fans getting on the pitch again.
  • Options
    Every bone in my body wants Lee Clarke to do well. I don't know why, I just like the guy.

I was disappointed he went to Blackpool as I never thought he'd make a success out of it.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32737770

The score is officially going down as a 0-0. What a disgrace.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32737770

The score is officially going down as a 0-0. What a disgrace.

Is it really a disgrace