Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby 1 Charlton 0 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Listening to the game, it did not sound at all like we played as badly as Saturday or badly in general.

We got beaten 1-0 by a late goal from a team 10 days ago most fans would have predicted us laying down for on both occasions.

10 days ago?! 10 minutes before kick off the predictions thread was full of absolute thrashings!
  • Options
    Well that sir is fair enough.

One in 7 would not be acceptable for me!
  • Options
    Surprised no one is mentioning the quite perplexing decision by the ref that led to the goal.

Keeper time wasting; booked; ok; but then Derby awarded a free kick outside the penalty area?

WTF?

When did that rule kick in?

From the sound of it , neither manager was aware of this rule. McLaren was laughing his head off.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Apparently they had 18 shots to our 6

6 shots all game is woeful.

They had 8 on target to our 2, Maybe Pope deserves more credit than I gave from the commentary.

I think the rose tinting is taking over on some of you lot though.

We are not playing this lovely football you all seem to think we are. Our possession reflects this!

We do need a decent partner for Vetokele and Bob needs a better plan B than putting our big lump slow CB's up front.

Lots of love Ex Rose Tinted Dazzler

Possession and style are different.

We can be organised, let teams play in front of us and then play fast passing football, be attractive and effective when we do get it.

Tonight wasn't our strongest side and we played just one striker.

We played a different team/formation against Derby at home, scored 3 and still had less possession.

Think you are being over critical.
    I couldn't listen tonight, what was the formation? From the line up I assumed we played 4-4-2 as we did in every other game?
  • Options
    Millwall away season before last 0 shots
  • Options
    Five games in fifteen days, with a relatively small squad will have an effect. Maybe the last two games have demonstrated that? I'm not too upset by the loss. At least we didn't have to suffer extra time aswell.
    Reinforcements needed though to ensure our first choice 18 is strong, not just our first eleven.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

They had 8 on target to our 2, Maybe Pope deserves more credit than I gave from the commentary.

We are not playing this lovely football you all seem to think we are. Our possession reflects this!

We do need a decent partner for Vetokele and Bob needs a better plan B than putting our big lump slow CB's up front.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Christ i'd hate to see how depressed you were last season.
    Didn't expect much else. Probably highlights the need for a couple players. Onto saturday
    I wasn't depressed last season as expectations hadn't been built up.

That's 2 poor performances in a row, though only one seemed to really matter as we snuck a result out of the other one.

Brentford - Poor - I really don't get why people thought that was a good point?
    Colchester - V.Good
    Wigan - Good
    Derby - Strong upfront, poor at the back.
    Huddersfield - V.Poor, but Lucky
    Derby - Poor
    Brentford... Only conceded due to a deflection, unlucky with Harriott's miss

Colchester... Very good but against 10-men.. easy

Wigan Athletic / Derby County... Very good, Wigan looked very pretty with their possession yet did nothing else with it, can have all the possession you like but if you dont score (or cant stop the other team from scoring you dont deserve to win)

Huddersfield... Poor but didnt stop trying to score and got our just reward

Derby... Cant comment as wasnt there and am sure you werent either Dazzler
  • Options
    Let's wait and get some reports / players marks in from those at the game before we knee jerk react to a team that had five changes from Saturday. A late goal won it from an apparent iffy referring decision now where have we been involved in that ............oh hang on a minute. If there were weaknesses, it will have probably confirmed what BBB knew already that he needs a couple more to bolster the squad. We go again on Saturday in the bread and butter stuff.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Christ i'd hate to see how depressed you were last season.
    Didn't expect much else. Probably highlights the need for a couple players. Onto saturday

That's 2 poor performances in a row, though only one seemed to really matter as we snuck a result out of the other one.

Colchester - V.Good
    Wigan - Good
    Derby - Poor
    How many of those games have you actually seen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    What do we know ahead of Saturday... that Harriott.. Wilson.. Gomez.. Fox.. Morrison.. Moussa.. all probably wont start (Half of tonights squad).

Derby lost to our First Team and seriously struggled to beat our 2nd Team too... Huge clap on the back for Bob Peeters getting the Squad to perform like that.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

DeeBee said:

Dazzler21 said:

Colchester - V.Good
    Wigan - Good
    Derby - Poor
    Brentford... Only conceded due to a deflection, unlucky with Harriott's miss

Colchester... Very good but against 10-men.. easy

Wigan Athletic / Derby County... Very good, Wigan looked very pretty with their possession yet did nothing else with it, can have all the possession you like but if you dont score (or cant stop the other team from scoring you dont deserve to win)

Huddersfield... Poor but didnt stop trying to score and got our just reward

Derby... Cant comment as wasn't there and am sure you weren't either Dazzler
    Too true about tonight, just going by the commentary. One sounded like he was saying we played well the other made it sound like we were awful.

Hard to know whose views to follow!
  • Options

Surprised no one is mentioning the quite perplexing decision by the ref that led to the goal.

Keeper time wasting; booked; ok; but then Derby awarded a free kick outside the penalty area?

WTF?

From the sound of it , neither manager was aware of this rule. McLaren was laughing his head off.

Official line is that Pope carried the ball out of his area, i believe.

Did sound strange though.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Let's wait and get some reports / players marks in from those at the game before we knee jerk react to a team that had five changes from Saturday. A late goal won it from an apparent iffy referring decision now where have we been involved in that ............oh hang on a minute. If there were weaknesses, it will have probably confirmed what BBB knew already that he needs a couple more to bolster the squad. We go again on Saturday in the bread and butter stuff.

I should probably do this today - I normally wait to hear, but I hate how long those reports take on midweek away games!
  • Options

WTF?

on the match thread someone reported that the FK was for Pope taking the ball outside of his area just after the time wasting
  • Options

WTF?

Thought somebody had clarified that it was for carrying the ball out of his area?

Anyway, best not get hung up on the ref, you'll have the Huddy fans back foaming at the mouth ;-)
  • Options

WTF?

Official line is that Pope carried the ball out of his area, i believe.

Did sound strange though.
    Really? I understood it was a dead ball situation.

the young guy summarising alongside Terry Smith was asking "how does the ref decide where exactly outside the box the free kick takes place?" which obviously is not a question if the offence was that he carried it over the line.

Something seriously amiss here.
  • Options
    I take it back then
    lacole said:

Overall beaten by a better (and very good) team. No shame and a performance we can be proud of.

• Options
    don't worry about it PA as we got far more than we deserved from the ref on Saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Dazzler21‌ First players marks just in from lacole not one mark below 6 and this summary;

'Overall beaten by a better (and very good) team. No shame and a performance we can be proud of.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WTF?

on the match thread someone reported that the FK was for Pope taking the ball outside of his area just after the time wasting
    Ok..that bit I get, if this was the case. But when did you see a keeper booked for time wasting while fanning around with a goal kick, and then the oppo given a free kick on the six yard line?
  • Options
    We had our decent cup run last year. Normal service has been resumed. Judging by the match thread sounds like we were under the cosh for a bit and could have been done by more than the one but for some good keeping by Pope who ends up giving away the FK for their goal. Derby are a decent team and we lack a bit strength in depth. Bring on the Tesco bags.
  • Options
    Bring on the Tesco bags ?
  • Options
    Too slow @RedChaser I got there first.

I'm willing to admit I listened to the wrong commentator.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Too slow @RedChaser I got there first.

I'm willing to admit I listened to the wrong commentator.

Well done for holding your hands up not many would.
  • Options

don't worry about it PA as we got far more than we deserved from the ref on Saturday

I get that point too, but there is a difference between refs missing things, they are human, and have shamefully little assistance, and making relatively cold-blooded decisions which appear to have no basis in the laws of the game. I'm just going on what I heard from the Charlton Live guys but it sounds seriously odd, and Bob Peeters was massively unhappy.

• Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

Possession and style are different.

We can be organised, let teams play in front of us and then play fast passing football, be attractive and effective when we do get it.

Tonight wasn't our strongest side and we played just one striker.

We played a different team/formation against Derby at home, scored 3 and still had less possession.

Think you are being over critical.
    I couldn't listen tonight, what was the formation? From the line up I assumed we played 4-4-2 as we did in every other game?
    I was under the impression Tucadean played upfront with Moussa in a deeper role than Vetokele would play.....so a 4-5-1.

Perhaps someone there can tell us more.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vff said:

Bring on the Tesco bags ?

Brightons kit design heavily influenced by the supermarket carrier bag.........
  • Options
    Pope was taking longer than ten seconds for every drop kick. So long that I started timing him on the stadium clock. 12 seconds was shortest. So I guess it must be a foul if he exceeds this time limit. But if it's a direct free kick then, if was in his area, it's a pen? If he's outside then it's for the linesman to call handball, and I didn't see a flag! And why didn't we hoof it and not try to dribble it away when we got possession from the free kick?