Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015

mogodon said:

From Twitter archives, January 15:

"Charlton Athletic can confirm that Frederic Bulot's loan deal from Standard Liege has been terminated."

That's a fan tweeting that to cause trouble.

They are putting two and two together. M'Poku is going to QPR? That must mean Bulot will be recalled to fill the gap at Standard.

There hasn't been an official announcement anywhere.
    Here's that tweet:

The link in that tweet does not go to a story about Bulot. And (in the words of Mr Irving). Only believe it when its on the OS!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Get Waggy back. I miss him.

Yes Waggy certainly changed the Bristol City/Hammers cup tie when he came on, think he got about one kick.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

mogodon said:

"Charlton Athletic can confirm that Frederic Bulot's loan deal from Standard Liege has been terminated."

They are putting two and two together. M'Poku is going to QPR? That must mean Bulot will be recalled to fill the gap at Standard.

Here's that tweet:

The link in that tweet does not go to a story about Bulot. And (in the words of Mr Irving). Only believe it when its on the OS!
    I've heard that we won't be seeing Bulot again. Luzon and Bulot can't work together
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

cafc-west said:

mogodon said:

Here's that tweet:

I've heard that we won't be seeing Bulot again. Luzon and Bulot can't work together
    I'm guessing that there might be a problem between Luzon and one of the players he has coached before but not all of them. We don't have enough quality for M.Duchatelet to drop in a coach who can't get on with four senior players.
    Let's see how we play on Saturday and who is still in the first XI / 18 before we believe rumours about fall outs 12 months ago.

End of the day Luzon was top of the league with Liege 12 months back and he had much more talent at his disposal. So Buyens, Bulot and Ben Haim didn't play every game.

Basically we got players like Ajdarevic last January who he couldn't / wouldn't use and we have Tucudean who was pushed out to Romania when Luzon was at Liege.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    cafc-west said:

mogodon said:

Here's that tweet:

No it doesn't, it goes to a story about M'Poku.

The guy tweeting put 2 and 2 together & that because M'Poku (a winger) is leaving Liege, they believe Bulot will be recalled.

What I was saying was it's all a load of nonsense.

I expect Bulot to be back in the squad soon.
  • Options
    Won't miss Bulot to be honest. Not exactly contributed much and certainly doesn't strike me as one who will run through a brick wall if asked.

• Options
    Sounds like he really turned it on today. Was MOTM according to comms. Did he really look that good?
  • Options
    Took his goal well yes he was good
  • Options
    Very good performance and as beckboy said took his goal very well
  • Options
    Very very good , but there wasn't a bad performance out there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No idea where that performance came from. Watt edged him for mom imo but still a great performance.
  • Options
    Just goes to show what happens when he plays in his natural position MOTM for me.
  • Options
    Yep, humble pie for me too.

Outstanding today.
  • Options
    MOTM for me, even before his terrific goal.
  • Options
    As others have said, I didn't rate him at all on Tuesday and subbing him was something Luzon got very right. Today, totally different player, didn't stop working deserved his goal. Funny how players in their correct positions seems to make such a difference.
  • Options
    Cracking game Fred.
  • Options
    A man inspired today! Well done, Fredric.
  • Options
    At times a class act today but a lot of effort over 90 minutes as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way him , Igor and watt were running rings arround defenders was class!
    The three looked as if they had been played my together for years and each one knowing how to bring the best out of the other !
    Long may it continue!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I said we needed at least one of Bulot or Moussa to step up and was pleased to see Bulot take his chance today.

He was written off far too early, before Tuesday I think he had made about 5 starts all season. Never had a run of games, played left, right and up front (or just behind, either way it doesn't suit him).

Today we had two good strikers up front that seem to link up well with each other which gives the team a much better chance of getting a result. With Bulot on his natural side he was also much more comfortable.

Totally agree and posted elsewhere that we need Luzon to get the best out of the players he coached last season.

With Bulot on one side and Gudmundsson on the other plus two competent strikers we were a real threat all game.

For whatever reason Bulot was never given a run under Peeters. Somehow I think things will be different now.
  • Options
    Fair play, very good game. Saw his name on the team sheet and he was the only one I didn't agree with but he proved me wrong. A few more games like that and RD may turn a profit in him after all!
  • Options
    So why didn't peeters like him?
  • Options
    Bulot is one of those players that I always thought showed a touch of class in how he played.

And funnily enough I see enough in Moussa's play to say that, in the right position, he could do a job for us too.
  • Options
    I'll have my humble pie if he does as well in the next couple of games
  • Options

So why didn't peeters like him?

Possibly lack of fitness then African cup of nations
  • Options
    The difference being he's been played in the right position on his favoured foot! Simple this football business. In all seriousness though he's much better off taking people on down the wing and getting past them than played in the middle where he'd need to hold the ball up and pick out runs made beyond him. Thought there were some good crosses as well, some not so good but then you'd say the same of 99% of wingers at this level.