Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Frederic Bulot joins on season long loan**

Comments

• Options

mogodon said:

From Twitter archives, January 15:

"Charlton Athletic can confirm that Frederic Bulot's loan deal from Standard Liege has been terminated."

That's a fan tweeting that to cause trouble.

They are putting two and two together. M'Poku is going to QPR? That must mean Bulot will be recalled to fill the gap at Standard.

There hasn't been an official announcement anywhere.
    Here's that tweet:

• Options
    Speculation as to Luzon's relationships with Bulot, Ben Haim and Buyens is just that. We've heard rumours as to why Buyens wanted out from Liege and it wasn't Luzon!

I would suggest an appraisal from Liege fan's or simply watching how Luzon works with these quality players is key.

We don't know if Luzon will get his Visa next week. We don't know if Bulot will be recalled, just as Coquelin was. And we don't know the scale of the problems / who they might be trying to sign so as to get a win vs Rotherham.

All I do know is that the longer they leave things the more expensive it will be to fix it. Now I posted that thought in September 2013 as the previous owners refused to buy in loan cover for Solly and Kermorgant.

Somehow I think this time it's different and the fans are in a very different place.

Back on topic Buyens said Bulot was a good player so if they work well with Luzon and the club can add to the squad it can be turned round. But if Luzon can't work with these three (and the rest) then the decision to appoint Luzon is absolutely incredible!

Time will tell.
  • Options
    If Luzon gets here, and makes Buyens and Bulot the talismanic heartbeat of our midfield and highly successful team I will be astonished.
    I would keep TBH if I had the power, and off the other two away from the club. Failing that I think I would rather have a look at Munns and Muldoon than persevering with Bulot and Buyens if it doesn't work straight away.
    On another note, what's the latest story with forgotten man Moussa?
  • Options
    Looks like barring a disaster, Bulot will be through to the knockout stages.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If Luzon gets here, and makes Buyens and Bulot the talismanic heartbeat of our midfield and highly successful team I will be astonished.
    I would keep TBH if I had the power, and off the other two away from the club. Failing that I think I would rather have a look at Munns and Muldoon than persevering with Bulot and Buyens if it doesn't work straight away.
    On another note, what's the latest story with forgotten man Moussa?

We don't have that many quality players and I would suggest that for everyone which might be binned or returned to Liege, another needs to be brought in. Our midfield and in fact the whole front six has been problematic for years now...in league 1 as well as after we secured promotion. Whereas the defense has appeared solid for years up until November last year.
    Playing championship manager (or even looking up transfermarkt values!) is one thing but we absolutely need a midfield and pair of strikers to work vs Rotherham and that requires a dynamic as well as quality. Jackson is nowhere near the best in the division but he has kept his place because of what he adds. And how he stops heads going down.
    The most worrying thing I've read all week is tales from the training ground simply because sacking Peeters doesn't solve that.
    So finding a place for Bulot in the first XI or an active member of the bench has to be a priority along with getting some back bone - restoring the spine of the team... Henderson, Bikey, Ben Haim centre mid(?) and Vetokele plus 1 (Watt?)
    A team without a spine is what Pardew left us with so I hope Duchatelet and Luzon have this resolved by the end of the month.
  • Options
    Thanks for everything Fred, 11th minute applause please.
  • Options

Thanks for everything Fred, 11th minute applause please.

Why 11th? He wears 8 and is still at the club.
  • Options
    Sadly Bulot has been well and truly Charltonised, the lad needs to get out whilst he can... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30808563

Gabon lost 1-0 to Congo yesterday meaning that whoever wins between Gabon and Equatorial Guinea will proceed to the Quarter-Finals yet it could have been so different...

Charlton Athletic's Frederic Bulot, who had a fine early volley saved, wasted Gabon's best chance, missing an open goal midway through the second half.

Who organises shooting practice with us!!
  • Options
    Just starting for Gabon v Equitorial guinea on channel 410 Eurosport.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    1-0 Equatorial Guinea almost an hour played

Reza and Bulot back in time for Rotherham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bet they can't wait..
  • Options

Not if they get "injured".
  • Options
    2-0 Equatorial Guinea 88 minutes gone

Gabon heading out
    Bulot heading home
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bulot has been here for most of those months and didn't impress.

Reza was poor most of the time.

Time for us and them to move on
  • Options
    Would happily take them back.. I think both have the potential/ability required and squad depth meaning competition for starting places is what we need most desperately in my opinion
  • Options
    Bulot pretty much missed two open goals in both the last matches. Tells you all about the player
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Bulot pretty much missed two open goals in both the last matches. Tells you all about the player

Every player has done that

Harriott has done it for us
    Torres has done it for Chelsea
    Iwelumo did it for Scotland

Suarez missed an open goal for Barcelona in the week

happens to every player and does not make him a bad player
    Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up pal. Guess We haven't been watching the same player for the last four months then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luzon's job to get the best out of the squad. He coached Bulot last season and played him a fair few games. Let's see how it plays out when Bulot is back.
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas mark 2.
  • Options

Bulot has been here for most of those months and didn't impress.

Reza was poor most of the time.

Time for us and them to move on

don't say that, KM was banking on them being the new signings coming in before Feb.
  • Options

Every player has done that

Harriott has done it for us
    Torres has done it for Chelsea
    Iwelumo did it for Scotland

Suarez missed an open goal for Barcelona in the week

happens to every player and does not make him a bad player
    Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up pal. Guess We haven't been watching the same player for the last four months then.
    you said he has missed 2 open goals tells you everything about him

all I was saying was every player misses open goals or good chances and that does not make him a bad player, nothing about how he has played for us.

and no I have not been over impressed but he has not played much and like Reza I would like to see more off him
  • Options
    How many games has he played for us. I can remember his assist vs Birmingham but that's it.
  • Options

How many games has he played for us. I can remember his assist vs Birmingham but that's it.

5 starts 7 sub appearances
  • Options
    Both are shit. Move on. Would rather have kids playing all day long. We can wrap them in a bundle with Buyens and do a 3 for 1 offer.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Get Waggy back. I miss him.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Bet they can't wait..
    People will laugh at this (might get my lol count up a bit) but I actually want them both back

for the past couple of months people been saying we have no depth, surely thats what Reza and Bulot add
    they may not be great, although I still think Reza could be decent on a decent pitch(his best game for us was on a good service at Leeds)
    they also add an option which is what we lack, and if RD does not want to spend and its the choice of Bulot and Reza or 2 unexperiened youth players, I would pick Reza and Bulot
    That doesn't say much for him really mate for although he scored a worldy in the second half (I was standing right behind it as it curled into the net) he was crap in the first period playing a deep lying role constantly pointing at other players to pick up his man!

Granted it was an extremely important 3 points at Elland Road last season towards our survival, sealed by Hamer's injury time penalty save but let's not over egg the pudding.

They will both boost the numbers but does Reza really want to be here? I think not. Bulot will offer more IMO but I haven't seen enough of him to be convinced he is other than a luxury in the Cameron Stewart mould.
  • Options

The point of this, though, is BP was playing Bulot on the left, and Jordan on the right. Bulot was giving Birmingham all sorts of problems, and furnished Igor with an assist.

Then, inexplicably, BP changed Bulot and Jordan over, and he disappeared from the game.

So, I'm not sure that can be laid at Bulot's door.