Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• Options
    N Ireland 2-0 up now
  • Options
    Get in there Shane Long. 1 up v Germany. Haven't a clue how, but don't freakin care!! COYBIG!!!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Get in there Shane Long. 1 up v Germany. Haven't a clue how, but don't freakin care!! COYBIG!!!!

Randolph with the assist after a long punt up field!
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Randolph with the assist after a long punt up field!
    Indeed. Cracking finish as well :smiley:
  • Options
    How on earth did Mueller miss that???
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

How on earth did Mueller miss that???

He was going for the corner.
  • Options
    Poland equalise against Scotland with the final kick of the game, and are now ahead of Ireland in the group
  • Options
    Un-freakin-believable....magnificent result, brilliant defending from Ireland and a cracking finish for the goal. So, so happy!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Un-freakin-believable....magnificent result, brilliant defending from Ireland and a cracking finish for the goal. So, so happy!! :smiley:

Still need a win in Poland on Sunday, I think...
  • Options
    Great result for N Ireland, to win the group (even if it was a weak group) was a great achievement, the first qualification for 30 years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the Ulster boys making all the noise
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Without a doubt. Level on points, but they're better on GD. Before the Gibraltar game a month ago, I thought we'd be finishing fourth though, so delighted to be in contention. Up against the hottest striker in Europe at the moment, the team will have to show that defensive steel again.

Congratulations also to the North. Great campaign from them!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Without a doubt. Level on points, but they're better on GD. Before the Gibraltar game a month ago, I thought we'd be finishing fourth though, so delighted to be in contention. Up against the hottest striker in Europe at the moment, the team will have to show that defensive steel again.

Congratulations also to the North. Great campaign from them!
    If Germany lose by 2 goals at home to Georgia, then a draw would send both Poland and Ireland through. Probably unlikely though!
  • Options
    I like your thinking @killerandflash :wink:
  • Options
    The second goal for Poland, just means that we need to win, might be better than playing for a draw and getting done late on.
  • Options
    If Germany lose they are out. After that it gets complicated... From the BBC feed
    So. Just to de-tangle what surely must be one of the most complicated qualification scenarios in football ever, here's where we are in Group D.

Republic of Ireland and Poland play in Warsaw in both teams' final match on Sunday.

A draw would leave both teams on 19 points.

Germany currently lead the group on 19 points, but will be expected to beat Georgia at home in their final game.

If though, all three teams end up on 19 points, both Poland and Republic of Ireland have better head-to-head records than Germany, and both would finish above them.

As to who finishes higher between Poland and Republic of Ireland if both teams finish on 19 points, here's how it works:

A 0-0 draw in Warsaw means Poland go through - they will have scored more away goals in meetings between the two sides.

A 1-1 draw in Warsaw means Poland go through - they have a better goal difference of the two sides.

A draw of 2-2 or higher would mean Republic of Ireland go through - as they will have scored more away goals in meetings between the two sides.
  • Options
    Wow, just seen the Scotland goals. Matt Ritchie's is unbelievable!!
  • Options

Great result for N Ireland, to win the group (even if it was a weak group) was a great achievement, the first qualification for 30 years!

They're not Brazil but congratulations to Norn Iron
  • Options
    Congrats to the Ulter boys - they will be a good addition to the Euros. No more home nations though please. Hotels/flights are going to be tricky enough as it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    trying to sort out going to euro 2016 does anyone know when the fixtures are so we know where we will be playing in the group stage, I think theres no way we can be in group a?, so can discard that?.
  • Options
    The draw is the 12th of December.

If England win either of the remaining group matches they will be a top seeds in their group.
  • Options
    great night for the Irish, proddy and papist .. disaster for Scotland .. I am sure that everyone feels so sorry for Gordon Strachan's bravehearts (hahahahahaahhahahhhhhhhaaaaaa)
  • Options
    Great night except for Scotland. Wales will be there too, hope Ireland make it and we all avoid each other in the draw.
  • Options

Is it possible for ROI to lose to Poland and qualify as best placed team in third?
  • Options

Is it possible for ROI to lose to Poland and qualify as best placed team in third?

No. ROI can't be the best placed team in third, regardless of other results
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Looking at it, it's between ROI & Ukraine, they are away to Macedonia today and at home to Spain.
  • Options

Looking at it, it's between ROI & Ukraine, they are at home to Spain.
    You have to remove points gained against the worst team in a 6 team group so IA may well be correct