Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• Options
    Sorry correction.

If Ukraine lose by 7 against Spain
    Romania lose by 4 against Faroe Islands
    Hungary beat Greece
    and ROI draw against Poland by 0-0 or 1-1

Then ROI might be best third placed team. Would need other results to go for them too.

They have to go for the win against Poland
  • Options
    IA said:

Sorry correction.

Hungary beat Greece

Then ROI might be best third placed team. Would need other results to go for them too.

Are you having a fiver on it mate? :smiley:
  • Options
    The Tartan army deserved to go -- end of.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    IA said:

Sorry correction.

Hungary beat Greece

Clutching at more straws than Worzel Gummidge knocking one out.
  • Options

Great night except for Scotland. Wales will be there too, hope Ireland make it and we all avoid each other in the draw.

Think it would be interesting to see some drawn together.
  • Options
    it would be hell.
  • Options
    Am I the only person that rates James Milner? Playing alright again tonight.
  • Options
    yes.

he's had two shots that my nan could have tucked away.

and she's no longer with us.
  • Options
    good composure by Walcott & nice ball by Barkley.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

yes.

he's had two shots that my nan could have tucked away.

and she's no longer with us.

A dead Nan that can finish from 25 yards. Now I'd pay to see that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love some of the idiot posts you get added to the BBC live match feed.

One fan has questioned why we're playing against sides like Estonia when we should be playing against tougher opposition.

Got a feeling he dont get Football
  • Options
    Overpaid going through the motions rubbish , I feel for the people paying good money to watch the dross.
  • Options
    Don't think it's been that bad!

Hoddle does my head in tho. Thinks everyone should be as good as him.
  • Options
    You can only beat what is front of you as they say. Estonia stuck everyone behind the ball. 9 wins from 9 games is good regardless of the group. I just hope and pray we turn up next summer
  • Options
    Joe Hart had a blinder!
  • Options
    Chris Waddle moaning that Dele Alli should have been given 30mins rather than 3mins.

FFS... We won thats all that matters, those who wanna moan about England go back to where you came from as your doom and gloom isnt needed till the next defeat (Even then it isnt wanted)
  • Options
    boogica said:

Overpaid going through the motions rubbish , I feel for the people paying good money to watch the dross.

To be fair, the England players are going through the motions because they've qualified already. I bet the German and Dutch players wish they could go through the motions as they're yet to qualify!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chris Waddle moaning that Dele Alli should have been given 30mins rather than 3mins.

FFS... We won thats all that matters, those who wanna moan about England go back to where you came from as your doom and gloom isnt needed till the next defeat (Even then it isnt wanted)

Dele Alli should be nowhere near the England team really. He's played about 6 premier league games and suddenly he gets an England cap. FFS he was playing in league one, 6 months ago. I know he's a decent talent and has done well in a couple of Spurs games but we give out caps far too early these days.
    Agreed, it puts pressure on young players as well, as inevitably when they have dips in form, it will be "England player slumps"
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

David Pleat commentating on the England game stated that Klopp will be watching Sterling with interest as he is now his manager. Peter Drury corrected him and it went silent for a good 30 seconds. Odd.

Bring back Andy Townsend!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015
    IA said:

Sorry correction.

Hungary beat Greece

A narrow 1-0 victory for Ireland would a very good result particularly with Lewandoski in the Polish team.

The Republic will go through as second if they draw 2-2, due to better away goals in the match ups with Poland. At 1-1, it matches the game against Poland in Dublin, Poland have better general goal difference, so would be second. At 0-0, Poland would go through due to the away goal they scored in Dublin.

Ireland have not scored more than one goal against the top teams in the group (Germany, Poland and Scotland) (2 against Georgia, 7/4 against Gibraltar). Scotland did get a 2-2 draw away to Poland. Poland also beat Germany 2-0 at home. Scoring 2 goals will still need Ireland to play very positively. A 1-1 draw or narrow Poland victory looks likely.

http://uk.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championship-qualification/2016-france/qualifying-round/group-d/g6822/
  • Options
    Turkey won here tonight. So the Dutch are out. That is pretty shocking.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Not if Turkey lose to Iceland.
  • Options

I agree with you ,the Dutch are pretty shocking.
  • Options

At least there's still the French and possibly Irish to have strange training ground bust-ups during the group phase
  • Options

They can still make it into the play-offs if they beat the Czechs on Tuesday and Turkey lose or draw against Iceland.
  • Options
    Turkey only need a point.