Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Reckless

12346»

Comments

• Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I don't think anyone was bullying anyone, grandpa is intelligent enough to answer questions on his beliefs and opinions and was just asked by another poster to elaborate on what he has said as it was a little unclear. I'm not sure why anyone would see that as bullying, but by accusing people of bullying they will come back on the offensive and is likely to cause arguements rather than friendly debate and get a what was an interesting and amicable thread closed down. So my suggestion is that this is just dropped now before it gets personal and if any poster feels like they are being singled out or bullied they can take it up themselves with the person or an admin, let us get back to the discussion at hand and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

SJ, I'd like your opinion on what I wrote earlier about Farage actually benefiting from a Labour win. Did you see that post?
    Yes I did I was actually just discussing it with my other half, are you saying that he is planning on jumping ship in the next five years and becoming a Tory and leading them? It's pretty bad if they really do want labour in government as like I said binary opposite to almost everything they stand for. Also if what you say is true he is either extremely egotistic and delusional or completely insane, but I wouldn't put it past him.
    I couldn't disagree with you more. He is not "extremely egotistic and delusional or completely insane", he's extremely egotistic and delusional AND completely insane! ;-)

I just imagine that he's a real Tory at heart. And if the Tories came running to him, having ditched Cameron, he'd grab the opportunity with both hands.

So, while he wants to secure as many seats as possible, I think he'll be crying crocodile tears if - when - Ed Miliband starts arranging the furniture in Downing Street.

Like I said I wouldn't put anything past him, but I really don't know what to do, I've never voted labour in my life, I have always been a Tory voter but refuse to vote for a party that cocks up and won't admit it ffs Cameron why is it pride before country for you? I have lost all faith in them but I won't vote UKIP, confused.com
    Monster Raving Loony ?

That's as bad as the couple of dozen girls I know voted conservatives last general election because they thought Cameron was the best looking candidate. Turns the right to vote into a joke...mind you politics is a big joke at the moment really.
  • Options

@‌ cafcfan
    Excellent post. Isn't it also true that a directive isn't actually enforceable in law?. Which for example explains why all the gadgets in my house are subject to a mandatory two year guarantee whereas you poor saps only get one year? (or is that no longer true re the UK case?)

I don't really know Prague. The only directive I've ever had anything to do with was MiFID. This was taken up in its entirety by the UK (and France), either by bringing in changes to UK law or by changes to the FSA (now) FCA rules handbook. (I'm not sure why it's called a handbook as you'd need a forklift to pick up the complete version!) However, its worth noting that the FSA had quite a lot of input, via HM Treasury, to the various provisions of the Directive, so it would be wrong to say that it was legislation imposed upon us from Brussels. It was quite inclusive.
    As far as warranties go, the last thing metal thing I bought was a Liebherr freezer - it came with a two-year warranty. As did the Barbour jacket I just acquired. The last TV I bought had a five-year warranty. It's also the case, I think, that Toyotas are sold in Europe with a three-year warranty but you get five years in the UK.
    The attached article thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html indicates that some shoppers have had success quoting the directive in UK stores but generally it seems to be trumped by the Sale of Goods Act which gives you six years. But ONLY if YOU can prove the fault was down to a manufacturing failure rather than wear and tear and only if the cost of the item indicates that it should have had a long life. So, for example, a Court is likely to rule that you should not expect a cheap and cheerful washing machine used every day to do six years service but is likely to rule in your favour if it was a Miele W5000 Supertronic costing £3k and only used once a week. Somewhere between those two extremes is the tipping point and it would be for the Court to decide. Mind you, the Miele seems to have a 10-year warranty anyway!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Chizz said:

At 1.37 Jints wrote:
    It takes less Labour votes to elect a Labour MP than the Tory equivalent because (a) turnout is lower in safe Labour seats than safe Tory ones (b) Safe labour seats have smaller populations than safe Tory ones (prosperous areas see population increases).
    That may well be so BUT for goodness sake let's remember that, first and foremost, Charlton Life is concerned with grammatical accuracy, NOT politics (but sometimes there is a mention of football). It is FEWER votes not LESS votes...

Thank goodness someone got there before me..!
    Dont beat yourself up about it. You probably had fewer time to respond.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    IAgree said:

Read this and then tell me UKIP is worthy of your vote - Absolutly shameful record

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/02/ukip-party-bigots-lets-look-evidence

Actually the best thing about that strange 2year old article is the lively debate in the comments section.
  • Options
    Recent Private Eye Cover: The three UKIP main men standing together with the usual PE mouth balloons 1) I'm clueless, 2) I'm reckless, 3) Nigel Farage .. and I'm Legless .. perhaps you need to see it to fully appreciate it