Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Having a storming season playing 4-5-1 (4-1-2-2-1)
    Started the season playing counter attacking, high intensity football. Had a great run at the start and then an awful early winter period. Somehow never dropped lower than 4th.
    Scored more than anyone but had also conceded more than 18 other teams so decided to change my football to a possession based game, utilizing my midfield. Now played 40 games and I am top with 74 points and a 6 point gap to second.

My midfield trio is mainly
    Deli Alli, Thomas Drage & Diego Poyet (loan).

Cousins, Buyens, Jackson are frequently rotated in.
    Vetokele is on 19 league goals.

My only other transfer is Jack Grealish on a season long loan. Quality!
  • Options

I clearly dont understand the game
    as I am not playing attacking
    I am using a standard formation
    got my best defenders playing

and have still conceded 13 goals in 3 games

Still conceding 3/4 goals a game
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    great tactic on Steam Workshop
    its called Control 4-2-3-1 Advance Tactic (got a 4 out of 5 rating)

after 6 defeats in a row conceding at least 3 a game I used that formation and won 2-0
  • Options
    For the record guys, i went balls in and played gomez from the start of the year, thought ill give it one season to develop and then push for promotion in second season...gomez flies up as soon as you start using him regularly for a month or so...end of my season he doesnt have a physical stat lower than 14 (which is jumping reach) and is worth 4.5 million already!!
  • Options

after 6 defeats in a row conceding at least 3 a game I used that formation and won 2-0

Cheat.
  • Options

What on earth are you doing to ship that many goals???????

I've got a Coventry game, I finished 2nd in the League after being predicted 12th, and now I'm sitting 11th in the Champ after 10 games. Once you get a decent formation and tactics the rest follows. I'm playing 4-4-2 at the moment with one striker playing as a defensive forward who drops deep to help the mids.
  • Options
    MattD said:

Started the season playing counter attacking, high intensity football. Had a great run at the start and then an awful early winter period. Somehow never dropped lower than 4th.
    Scored more than anyone but had also conceded more than 18 other teams so decided to change my football to a possession based game, utilizing my midfield. Now played 40 games and I am top with 74 points and a 6 point gap to second.

In your first season?
  • Options

Used this on a disastrous Newcastle game I started and got absolutely smashed three games in a row. Needless to say I've since quit that game with a new found respect for Alan Pardew.
  • Options

Cheat.
    All very well using pre-built formations, but you'll never get the best out of them unless you have the right players for it. I've found it best to build a formation & style of play around the strenghs of my players. It's not ideal, but it will change and grow as I bring in my own players that are more suited to my way of thinking.

Bottom line is: Don't use a screwdriver as a hammer..............
  • Options

Cheat.
    Its not a cheat, a cheat would be unlocking the editor to make sure I had the best players or unlocking the never get sacked option.

there steam workshop is there for help with tactics, I could find out that it does not help me, it does not guarantee I will win every game so is not a cheat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-2-3-1 is normally what i set my teams up as, but always have a couple of back up tactics as a packed out 5 midfield normally dominates play.

8 points top with Aberdeen with some crippling financial restrictions about to come in....I need cheap and cheerful...wonder what Cherno Samba is upto these days?
  • Options
    MattD said:

I also signed Thomas Drage, turned up and got a double hernia on the first day, out for 2 months...........
  • Options

MattD said:

I also signed Thomas Drage, turned up and got a double hernia on the first day, out for 2 months...........
    Drives me mad that. My last two signings have both got injured on day one, both of whom would be in my first team.
  • Options
    I think Drage is a bit injury prone as I've looked at him a few times and he has been injured.
  • Options

Still conceding 3/4 goals a game
    have you tried training your players with defending and "defensive positioning" match preparation?
  • Options
    Has anyone kept Reza for the second season?
  • Options
    4-4-2 on my forest team, got guy called Sam Gallagher from Southampton, absolutely smashing it. Get him in your team, blood him in for the first season, then watch him go.

Agree about only using tactics that suit your players. Andy Reid in a deep lying play maker role, spraying it about yet barely breaking into a meat sweat.
  • Options

Used this on a disastrous Newcastle game I started and got absolutely smashed three games in a row. Needless to say I've since quit that game with a new found respect for Alan Pardew.
    Careful now
  • Options

Cheat.
    Its not a cheat, a cheat would be unlocking the editor to make sure I had the best players or unlocking the never get sacked option.

there steam workshop is there for help with tactics, I could find out that it does not help me, it does not guarantee I will win every game so is not a cheat
    You got someone else to do the hardest part of the game for you.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to add a bit of fun to the game, go into your game folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt\ and look for a file called forbidden names.bnc -

This is a list of names that are blocked from being used for re-gens. Obvious ones are Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Saville, Robert Mugabe, Fred West, Peter Sutcliffe and Ian Brady. Also some comical "risky" ones, such as Dick Head, Fanny Licka, Wayne Kerr, Dick Fest, Fanny Flick and many more.

If you want a chance of these names appearing at some point, just open the file with notepad and delete the ones you want to appear (but a good idea to back up this file first, in case you wish to restore it later).

*Note: This will only apply for new games started after the change..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else finding it a pain in the harris that Gumunsson is rated as 3.5* as a left winger, yet only 2* as a right winger?............
  • Options
    I just ignored it and had Bulot and JBG swapping during the game. Worked very well, I think you need to just ignore the scout sometimes and go with your gut.
  • Options

Anyone else finding it a pain in the harris that Gumunsson is rated as 3.5* as a left winger, yet only 2* as a right winger?............

He's still effective as an inside forward on the right and was top scorer in my first season.

If you keep playing him there, he will become a 'natural' pretty quickly anyway.
  • Options
    Yeah just ignore it, think he won Championship Player of the Year in my game and that was mainly playing as a wide midfielder on the right (with instructions to cut inside, dribble more etc as I mentioned about my tactics). I didn't even bother setting him retrain positions. I occasionally used him on the left but that was mainly through swapping with the player on the other side.
  • Options

I just ignored it and had Bulot and JBG swapping during the game. Worked very well, I think you need to just ignore the scout sometimes and go with your gut.

Might need to do this. Bulot has been a machine out on the left as an attacking winger but JBG has been inconsistent as a supportive winger. Harriott has been better on the right than JBG for me so far.
  • Options

MattD said:

In your first season?
    Yep, just finished top on 89 points clear by a mile, scored 96 goals throughout the season and 5 players (including Gomez) in team of the year.
    Cant really find many people to sign for the prem. I need to find some gems because the squad is not prem standard by a long shot.

So far ive signed Vokes & Faurlin
  • Options
    edited November 2014

MattD said:

He got player of the year in the Championship for me. 38 games, 13 goals, 11 assists 7.49 avg rating - Has a peach of a freekick on him. Was playing him as a b2b midfielder.

As for being injury prone, he had 3 injurys for me (4 weeks, 8 days & 7 days). I think effective rotation helps, once he did his job I would often sub him.
  • Options
    As I do every year, I'm considering this game again, I've had it before but that was a few years ago now, a few questions, what's the best way to play if minimising lag? Is it worth getting it with a pretty bad laptop? How good would you say it is now? It was half decent when I had it a few years ago, but got boring after a few weeks.
  • Options

It was half decent when I had it a few years ago, but got boring after a few weeks.

If FM gets boring after a few weeks, it's probably not the game for you................
  • Options

As I do every year, I'm considering this game again, I've had it before but that was a few years ago now, a few questions, what's the best way to play if minimising lag? Is it worth getting it with a pretty bad laptop? How good would you say it is now? It was half decent when I had it a few years ago, but got boring after a few weeks.

Best thing is to download the demo and see how your laptop handles it.