Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Just finished my first season with Charlton. After a dodgy start and battling in the bottom 6 for the first half of the season, I managed to tighten things up and finish a respectable 11th place with 66 pts. Finished as leading goal scorers with 94, but let in a disappointing 81.

My only signings were Thomas Drage for 275k (quality player now worth 1.6m) and central midfielder, Vicente 575k from Las Palmas. I also took Julien De Sart on a season loan from Standard, but sent him back in Jan after he picked up an injury for the rest of the season.

Sold Wilson to Brentford (didn't fit the system)
    So, had a very trim squad, which was pushed to it's limits at times.

Igor finished with 25 goals and Moussa bagged an impressive 16 from wide. My intention with Gomez was to use him mainly as a sub, with the occasional start, but by Nov he was first choice CB and already a leading champ player.

I've looked into trying to sign Buyens & Bulot in the summer, but neither are interested in joining us. Anyone else managed to get either of them to sign or loan for the 2nd season? (those who didn't get promoted).........
  • Options

Just finished my first season with Charlton. After a dodgy start and battling in the bottom 6 for the first half of the season, I managed to tighten things up and finish a respectable 11th place with 66 pts. Finished as leading goal scorers with 94, but let in a disappointing 81.

My only signings were Thomas Drage for 275k (quality player now worth 1.6m) and central midfielder, Vicente 575k from Las Palmas. I also took Julien De Sart on a season loan from Standard, but sent him back in Jan after he picked up an injury for the rest of the season.

Sold Wilson to Brentford (didn't fit the system)
    So, had a very trim squad, which was pushed to it's limits at times.

Igor finished with 25 goals and Moussa bagged an impressive 16 from wide. My intention with Gomez was to use him mainly as a sub, with the occasional start, but by Nov he was first choice CB and already a leading champ player.

I've looked into trying to sign Buyens & Bulot in the summer, but neither are interested in joining us. Anyone else managed to get either of them to sign or loan for the 2nd season? (those who didn't get promoted).........

Had offer accepted for bulot and he was interested but wanted 20K a week!!! So offered him 12K none negotiable but he turned it down.
  • Options
    I manage whitehawk, managed to sign Morgan Fox in the Conference in 2016/17... Quite a useful left back but Conference Prem/ League 2 is his level.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I manage whitehawk, managed to sign Morgan Fox in the Conference in 2016/17... Quite a useful left back but Conference Prem/ League 2 is his level.

Fox is 'a good Championship left back' on mine. He's quite similar to Wiggins in ability now (4th season)

I managed to get Buyens mid-way through second season, as he wasn't getting game-time at Liege. Didn't do a lot for me as he had declined due to a lack of football, and couldn't get in.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Huskaris said:

Fox is 'a good Championship left back' on mine. He's quite similar to Wiggins in ability now (4th season)

I managed to get Buyens mid-way through second season, as he wasn't getting game-time at Liege. Didn't do a lot for me as he had declined due to a lack of football, and couldn't get in.
    Oh nice,

To be fair my Whitehawk team is so strong we are now in the FA Cup quarter finals (away to Arsenal) having knocked out Wigan, Stoke and Nottingham Forest, all in replays....

My entire squad is basically loan players.
  • Options
    One season done and I'm pissed off with Rollys tight arse antics. Transfer budget of 95k and only 10% of selling fees. All well and good wanting me to use and develop our youth players, but 90% of them are shit and will never be good enough.........
  • Options
    You should find the board are willing to spend money on improving the youth level/facilities and/or training facilities. That way in time you should bring through better youth players. At least they were when I requested improvements.

My first group of youth players included 2/3 with first team potential. I added another 3 myself after agents offered them to me. I took them on trial and found they also were also rated as having first team potential.
  • Options
    Yeah, There's 2 players with prem potential and another 2 with poss championship potential, not that they're gonna be any use to me for the next 3-4 seasons.

I negotiated with Katrien to increase how much I get from sales, from 10% up to 35%, Then I managed to sell Reza to Sheff wed for £1m (although 3/4 of it is in drabs over 2 years. I also sold the midfielder (Vicente) for a £300k profit after 6 months, so have re-built my team with free transfers.

Vetokele came to see me, saying he wanted to play in the prem (Hull were bidding for him). I refused and he threw a right wobbly, threatening to cause a mutiny. Thankfully, it's now all blown over and he's happy to stay..........
  • Options

Yeah, There's 2 players with prem potential and another 2 with poss championship potential, not that they're gonna be any use to me for the next 3-4 seasons.

I negotiated with Katrien to increase how much I get from sales, from 10% up to 35%, Then I managed to sell Reza to Sheff wed for £1m (although 3/4 of it is in drabs over 2 years. I also sold the midfielder (Vicente) for a £300k profit after 6 months, so have re-built my team with free transfers.

Vetokele came to see me, saying he wanted to play in the prem (Hull were bidding for him). I refused and he threw a right wobbly, threatening to cause a mutiny. Thankfully, it's now all blown over and he's happy to stay..........

He's only played it for 5 minutes and he thinks he's Jose Mourinho! We all know who the real FM master is dont we @tangoflash
  • Options
    Gary Mackay-Steven from dundee united is worth a punt on a free transfer. Cheap wages aswell.

Plays attacking mid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Gary Mackay-Steven from dundee united is worth a punt on a free transfer. Cheap wages aswell.

Plays attacking mid.

Him and Gauld on FM 14 were quality, basically fired me into 6th in the Prem
  • Options
    I was flying in January and found myself in 4th place for a while, even without Igor who was at the African Nation's Cup. Tucudean started in his place but didn't score a single goal (he hasn't all season) but he was still effective enough as a target man for the midfield to play off. Trotta, on loan from Fulham has scored a few in his place though. I signed a young full back from QPR's youth team in January, but no one else. I put Igor straight back in the team after a little rest but he has really struggled to score goals since then, despite me playing the same formation, tactics etc.

I've also now dropped like a stone to 16th place and have drawn or lost the majority of games between Feb - April. RD will sack me unless I get 8 points from the next 5 games with a fixture list that includes Reading, Cardiff, Fulham, Millwall and Wednesday. I'm not hopeful. I've changed the formation slightly and have gone two games unbeaten (one win, one draw) but does anyone have a formation / tactics that get me quick, results before RD pulls the trigger?!

This was my team when I was in 6th…

• Options
    Started unemployed and got the bristol rovers job.

Had a few issues in midfield until i realised Thierry Racon is avaliable on a free and now making a mockery of the vanorama conference.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well, after only getting 6 points from a target of 8, Charlton sacked me. Still not sure where it all went wrong and why my team suddenly fell apart and dropped from 4th to 16th. Bolton, Blackpool and Rotherham got relegated and Wigan, Derby and Chris Powell's Huddersfield got promoted. Charlton appointed Grayson and haven't won a game since I left.

I've just taken over at Forest in pre-season with a transfer budget of over £9m and have managed to snap up Gradel and Bamford on free transfers as well as Tyler Blackett from Utd for a small fee. I've just put a bid in for Yann. Looking for some good full backs and a decent keeper after Darlow returned to Newcastle.
  • Options
    How much better is this game on the laptop as opposed to the ipad version?
  • Options
    Would be interesting to hear from those who managed promotion and how they're doing amongst the big boys.

I've just managed to finish runners up in the second season (WBA smashed it). Igor Ended the season with 30 league goals. Thought it might have been a struggle this season without Bulot & Buyens, who were key players for me in the first season. Despite a pityful budget, I managed to sign Gael Kakuta and John Lundstram as replacements both on free tramsfers. Kakuta was top quality, scoring 19 goals and 20 assists from midfield. He also got championship goal of the season (V Millwall) and champ player of the year too.

To make matters even sweeter, Millwall got relegated and I we replaced palace in the top flight.............
  • Options
    Another thing I'm finding a bit off with this version is the match ratings, especially for CM.

A prime example is Cousins. He's a beast in there for me, winning tackles and never gives the ball away. Example: I played Metz in a pre-season game and his passing was 62/68, tackles 14/12 (4 key) Headers 8/7 (3key) and 14 interceptions, yet he only got a 6.7 rating, which is what I would class as "okay". This seemed to be the case all last season............
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Would be interesting to hear from those who managed promotion and how they're doing amongst the big boys.

I've just managed to finish runners up in the second season (WBA smashed it). Igor Ended the season with 30 league goals. Thought it might have been a struggle this season without Bulot & Buyens, who were key players for me in the first season. Despite a pityful budget, I managed to sign Gael Kakuta and John Lundstram as replacements both on free tramsfers. Kakuta was top quality, scoring 19 goals and 20 assists from midfield. He also got championship goal of the season (V Millwall) and champ player of the year too.

To make matters even sweeter, Millwall got relegated and I we replaced palace in the top flight.............

I came straight back down, squad was nowhere near competitive enough for Prem although I did only miss out on safety by 1 win against palace.

On the way back down I managed to get some great free transers including, Thomas Carroll, Thorgan Hazard, Nick Powell. Considering I won the championship in the first season, I should smash it with this new squad I have.

I cashed in on Vetokele after we got promoted, got about 12m for him and he has been terrible in Serie A since.
    This summer Deli Alli left for 8m after his relegation release clause was met. Still made 5m profit.

I didnt spend to much when I got to the prem, even though I had a decent budget. I knew I wouldnt get the players I needed to be competitive, so I bought players with a view to a championship team instead. Next time I get promoted I should be in an excellent financial position and hopefully reputation should be better to.
  • Options
    Another update out

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/411232-Football-Manager-2015-Hotfix-Update-15.1.4-released

The update includes fixes for the following issues:

PERFORMANCE

- Optimised save game speeds
    - Fixed game launch issues linked to local user permissions
    - Fixed rare crash on continue

MATCH ENGINE

- Improved defensive reactions to crosses and corners
    - Tweaked wide defending of wingers
    - Improved goalkeeper reaction times after an initial save
    - Various other goalkeeper improvements
    - Fixed further instances of own goals being awarded incorrectly
    - Fixed further instances of players not being given offside when collecting rebounds
    - Fixed rare instances of U18 teams starting match with only a goalkeeper, resulting in high scorelines
    - Fixed problem where AI teams would sub many of their players off the pitch without replacements, resulting in high scorelines

DATA & COMPETITIONS

- Fixed Greek Superleague scheduling
    - Martin Ødegaard added to new games
    - Added licensed kits for MLS expansion teams

USER INTERFACE

- Added player Role & Duty to pitch on tactics screen
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    A question I was wondering, what is wrong with the Premier League teams badges, everyone other English league is fine but Premier League are all fake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately EA have an exclusive licence.
  • Options
    You can download a pack that will replace them all with the correct logos.
  • Options
    Don't bother with FM handheld. Not worth it... I just got it and it is nothing in comparison.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Don't bother with FM handheld. Not worth it... I just got it and it is nothing in comparison.

that's why I am glad android have the no hassle refund, downloaded it tried it for half hour hated it and got my £6.99 back instantly
  • Options
    PC it is then!
  • Options
    It's ok on the iPad to pass some time quite good on the plane if your going on holiday ect but no where near as much detail as PC and goes very quick, do a season in couple hours.
  • Options
    I saw somewhere you could change a setting to get funny regen names that SI have banned, like Wayne Kerr and Adolf Hitler, trying to find how to do it but can see it anywhere now, anyone know how its done
  • Options
    I found it and if anyone else wants to do it aswell
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\dbc

go to there and there is a file called Forbidden Names just delete that

there is also a way to add yourself to the game
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt

click on be_a_newgen and add yourself instead of one of the people on there all I changed was the name, Date of Birth(left the year the same as they all seemed to be 1998, just changed month and date to mine) and Club
  • Options

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\dbc

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt

click on be_a_newgen and add yourself instead of one of the people on there all I changed was the name, Date of Birth(left the year the same as they all seemed to be 1998, just changed month and date to mine) and Club

Was posted on here 10 days ago, but thanks Colin...............and not a good idea to delete the files without making a back up copy.........

If anyone wants to add a bit of fun to the game, go into your game folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt\ and look for a file called forbidden names.bnc -

This is a list of names that are blocked from being used for re-gens. Obvious ones are Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Saville, Robert Mugabe, Fred West, Peter Sutcliffe and Ian Brady. Also some comical "risky" ones, such as Dick Head, Fanny Licka, Wayne Kerr, Dick Fest, Fanny Flick and many more.

If you want a chance of these names appearing at some point, just open the file with notepad and delete the ones you want to appear (but a good idea to back up this file first, in case you wish to restore it later).

*Note: This will only apply for new games started after the change..........

• Options
    Only got this yesterday but in the play offs half way thru the first season. Seems to be a silly amount of goals being scored and conceded, way more than any other FM ive had.

Would recommend Donis Avdijaj on season long loan from schalke, kid is the absolute tits, him and vetokele up front have hit 25 goals between them by christmas. Got grealish on loan from villa too whose rated better than johann and bulot?!