Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    Just beat Arsenal 5-3 in the FA Cup Final 2019!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I found it and if anyone else wants to do it aswell
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\dbc

go to there and there is a file called Forbidden Names just delete that

there is also a way to add yourself to the game
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt

click on be_a_newgen and add yourself instead of one of the people on there all I changed was the name, Date of Birth(left the year the same as they all seemed to be 1998, just changed month and date to mine) and Club

I found it and if anyone else wants to do it aswell
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\dbc

go to there and there is a file called Forbidden Names just delete that

there is also a way to add yourself to the game
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt

click on be_a_newgen and add yourself instead of one of the people on there all I changed was the name, Date of Birth(left the year the same as they all seemed to be 1998, just changed month and date to mine) and Club

Was posted on here 10 days ago, but thanks Colin...............and not a good idea to delete the files without making a back up copy.........

If anyone wants to add a bit of fun to the game, go into your game folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt\ and look for a file called forbidden names.bnc -

This is a list of names that are blocked from being used for re-gens. Obvious ones are Adolf Hitler, Jimmy Saville, Robert Mugabe, Fred West, Peter Sutcliffe and Ian Brady. Also some comical "risky" ones, such as Dick Head, Fanny Licka, Wayne Kerr, Dick Fest, Fanny Flick and many more.

If you want a chance of these names appearing at some point, just open the file with notepad and delete the ones you want to appear (but a good idea to back up this file first, in case you wish to restore it later).

*Note: This will only apply for new games started after the change..........

probably where I first saw it as mentioned above and could not find it again lol

I never made a back up but if you go to Steam you can verify the integrity of game cache and it puts the files back on there
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    matt88 said:

Only got this yesterday but in the play offs half way thru the first season. Seems to be a silly amount of goals being scored and conceded, way more than any other FM ive had.

Would recommend Donis Avdijaj on season long loan from schalke, kid is the absolute tits, him and vetokele up front have hit 25 goals between them by christmas. Got grealish on loan from villa too whose rated better than johann and bulot?!

I had Grealish as well but he's only effective as AMR. Bulot will get goals and is a good choice on free kicks. JBG got 17 assists in my season, the most in The Championship and I played him AML/AMR switching with Bulot. They still sacked me though!

I'm at Forest now and Charlton have fallen apart in pre-season! I've signed Pope and Cousins from them for a combined £5m, Solly was sold Newcastle for £1m, Boyata (who I signed for them) to Brentford, Igor to Villa, Tucudean to Birmingham and Gomez to Burnley. They hardly have any players left!

I've managed to bring in Gradel, Bamford and a Spanish GK on frees, Pope, Cousins and Blackett from Utd as well as a wing back from Barcelona B whose name I've forgotten - Patric maybe? Will check later.
  • Options
    Started a new season with Lecce in Serie C, won the title in my first season and now after 16 games in Serie B I'm top by 5 points and in the January window. Some class buys I've had are Andrea Bovo a CM on a free, Rodellaga is a free in the second season and good for the lower leagues, also Gazzaniga on loan from Saints is a decent keeper.

If you scout Holland you'll find some real Gems on a free in the summer.
  • Options
    anyone know how to cancel tutoring

I just got a message saying Zak Ansah is disenchanted at shadowing Noel Hunt and feels he cant gain anything when the players are so different.

looked but cant see an option to cancel it
  • Options
    I think tutoring usually stops once you get a message like that.
  • Options
    I tried to get Bikey to tutor one of the academy lads... He basically just said "No".

So as to not annoy him I selected the most understanding of responses.
  • Options

anyone know how to cancel tutoring

I just got a message saying Zak Ansah is disenchanted at shadowing Noel Hunt and feels he cant gain anything when the players are so different.

looked but cant see an option to cancel it

I think we're all a bit disenchanted with Noel Hunt at the moment.
  • Options
    Regarding tutoring, I always look for which senior players have a high level of professionalism and try to pair them up with a kid who has a low level and then get them to mentor them off the pitch. This will help the youngster develop his own level, meaning he's much more likely to reach his potential abilty.

If the senior player isn't of a high level himself, I'll stick to on the pitch tutoring. This has always been the case in previous versions, so I'm assuming it's the same for this............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Will updates apply to existing games?
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Will updates apply to existing games?
    They always do..........
  • Options
    Cheers. Thought so.
  • Options
    Struggling a bit on this.

Am playing 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1 with JBG and Bulot on the wings.

Playing counter attacking with flexible approach.

Instructions, keep possession, Play the ball in the box, Use the flanks.

Any ideas or thoughts?
  • Options
    I dropped the "play ball into the box" option pretty quick. Prefer to get it out wide to the wingers to whip it in, rather than trying to find a pass that isn't there.

Keep possession is okay if you're playing a controlled or defensive style of play, but I found it slows play down too much if playing faster tempo attacking.

My advice is not to over complicated it. For example, you can dictate the tempo by going higher or lower, but it's fine (and sometimes better) not to check either option.

The bottom line is: There's not set up that will fix it for you. It depends on how your opposition is playing and I often find myself changing my instruction half a dozen times during a game when I feel something isn't working, and listen to what your assistant is telling you (but equally, feel free to ignore him).............

• Options

Struggling a bit on this.

Am playing 1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1 with JBG and Bulot on the wings.

Playing counter attacking with flexible approach.

Instructions, keep possession, Play the ball in the box, Use the flanks.

Any ideas or thoughts?

I would drop keep possession I started off with just 2 instructions keep possession and short passes, I soon noticed that players start holding onto the ball doing nothing and end up getting tackled, so I dropped keep possession and they have stopped doing that now
  • Options
    I have lost every single game (7) since the latest update... I was winning more than half of the games before too, and I am getting demolished in every one now, anyone else got this?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I have lost every single game (7) since the latest update... I was winning more than half of the games before too, and I am getting demolished in every one now, anyone else got this?

I was on a 12 match winning streak and 6 pts clear in the coference with Ebbsfleet. Since the update, I've lost 4 out of 10 and am now 2nd...........
  • Options
    Another (minor) update released today................

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/hotfix-update-1521-released
  • Options
    Since the update I had gone through a terrible patch of form, losing 8 from 10. I switched formations and did everything I could, the only thing that made a difference was playing defensive and having short passing, play wider and close down. Since that I've picked up some good wins. I also play 4-4-1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Keep possession is okay if you're playing a controlled or defensive style of play, but I found it slows play down too much if playing faster tempo attacking.

Barca style of play?
  • Options
    Currently £15.99 on download via CDkeys.com
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Started my first game now everything has calmed down today.

Sold Churchinio to Bristol City for 250k. Pope and Fox have gone on loan to League One teams for the season. I've got big Tal tutoring Gomez and I'm training Harriott as a shadow striker.

Have signed Thomas Drage for 240k, Milan Djuric for 350k and have Mason on loan from Spurs plus Avdijaj on loan from Schalke. One year contract offers have gone to Carlo Nash and Marek Cech, just waiting on their decisions.

Planning to work with a 4-2-3-1 formation and I'm personally hoping for a play off push but I have a 2.5m budget with Katrien expecting a respectable league position at the end of the season. At least that gives me a bit of leeway if it all goes pear shaped.
  • Options
    Just a couple of things I noticed after playing for a few hours:

I think Cousins need his corner rating improved from 5 into double figures in the next patch. The other is that Igor's aerial ability is one of his weaknesses - a surprising number of his goals have been headed efforts and if I could find the right article & I haven't imagined it, BP has said that that is his *secret weapon*.
  • Options
    Start Gomez. He turns into a top player in no time. Mason never quite did it for me.
  • Options

Started my first game now everything has calmed down today.

Sold Churchinio to Bristol City for 250k. Pope and Fox have gone on loan to League One teams for the season. I've got big Tal tutoring Gomez and I'm training Harriott as a shadow striker.

Have signed Thomas Drage for 240k, Milan Djuric for 350k and have Mason on loan from Spurs plus Avdijaj on loan from Schalke. One year contract offers have gone to Carlo Nash and Marek Cech, just waiting on their decisions.

Planning to work with a 4-2-3-1 formation and I'm personally hoping for a play off push but I have a 2.5m budget with Katrien expecting a respectable league position at the end of the season. At least that gives me a bit of leeway if it all goes pear shaped.

Thomas Drage is a must signing.

Word of warning: (not sure regarding gaining promotion in your first season) but I was only given a nominal budget for the second season in the championship. Bulot & Buyens were key players for me, no chance of loaning either again so had to replace them in the summer. Keep an eye on Gael Kakuta at Chelsea. They release him in the summer and he almost single-handedly won me the title. As for CM, I picked up John Lundstam from Everton and AMC Marco Frediani from Roma (both free). I'm sure you'll find your own targets, but those lads are worth keeping an eye on...........
  • Options
    You can get promotion first season, it would be unbelivable if you stayed up mind, i ended up relegted from the prem.

In a Derby season at the moment with a pretty decent starting 11for the Prem.

Lee Grant
    Solly/ Simon Francis. (Francis is a bargain at RB. Got 11 assists in the championship winning team. Got Solly for 1.5 second season
    Eder Alvarez Balanta
    Bruno Martins Indi
    Graeme Shinnie (A bargain at left back)
    Andres Guardado
    Craig Bryson
    Will Hughes
    Jeff Hendrick
    Kasper Kusk
    Chris Martin
  • Options
    Anyone having issues recalling a player from a loan

I loaned Harriott to Pompy but Bulot is starting to annoy me so wanted to bring Harriott back, I have checked and I did put recall clause on there but cant recall him
  • Options
    Does Bulot keep mentioning your highlights?
  • Options

Anyone having issues recalling a player from a loan

I loaned Harriott to Pompy but Bulot is starting to annoy me so wanted to bring Harriott back, I have checked and I did put recall clause on there but cant recall him

Give the game developers a call mate............