Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2015

Comments

• Options
    I'm in September in my 5th season.

14/15 - 8th in the Championship
    15/16 - 2nd in the Championship. Started playing more attacking and went on a great run to get into the automatic promotion places.
    16/17 - 11th in Prem and lost to Arsenal on penalties in the FA Cup semi-final
    17/18 - 6th in Prem

I've had upgrades to the training facilities, now have a category 1 academy, upgraded youth coaching and recruitment etc. We also played at White Hart Lane last season (which was also Spurs last season there) while The Valley was expanded to 40,600.

I signed David Silva on loan from Man City paying £28k of his £140k a week wages. Playing a 4-4-2 diamond so he plays behind the strikers though Patrick Roberts is my first choice there.

Hadn't looked where Bob Peeters ended up but he took over as Belgium's manager in 2016 and took them to the World Cup.

After leaving Huddersfield Chris Powell has managed Derby and Barnsley.

Joe Gomez is a regular for me and I've brought back Diego Poyet. Jordan Cousins has lost his place this season but is still part of the squad. Man City paid me £600k for Nick Pope and he's still there as back up.

Crawley are in the Championship after an Iranian tycoon took them over in 2015. They spent £5m in their promotion season including signing Callum Harriott and Dale Stephens.
  • Options
    what is the name of Chelsea ground on everyone else game
    they renamed it Lampard Park on mine
  • Options
    Mourinho Mound.
  • Options
    Arsehole Arena
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Pope didn't seem up to it in my Charlton game, so put him up for sale in my 2nd season for around £250k. Was shocked when Arsenal came in for him. He spent a year there (but didn't play) before ending up at a L1 club...........

I think the big clubs sign him to fill the European home grown quota.
  • Options

what is the name of Chelsea ground on everyone else game
    they renamed it Lampard Park on mine

It's Lampard Park on mine as well. The real Frank Lampard has been sacked by Watford and Swansea on mine so far.

• Options
    Bob Peeters just been sacked from STTV, after the players had lost faith in his ability
  • Options

Bob Peeters just been sacked from STTV, after the players had lost faith in his ability

Heard that one before.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

15/16 - 2nd in the Championship. Started playing more attacking and went on a great run to get into the automatic promotion places.
    17/18 - 6th in Prem

I've had upgrades to the training facilities, now have a category 1 academy, upgraded youth coaching and recruitment etc. We also played at White Hart Lane last season (which was also Spurs last season there) while The Valley was expanded to 40,600.

I signed David Silva on loan from Man City paying £28k of his £140k a week wages. Playing a 4-4-2 diamond so he plays behind the strikers though Patrick Roberts is my first choice there.

Hadn't looked where Bob Peeters ended up but he took over as Belgium's manager in 2016 and took them to the World Cup.

Joe Gomez is a regular for me and I've brought back Diego Poyet. Jordan Cousins has lost his place this season but is still part of the squad. Man City paid me £600k for Nick Pope and he's still there as back up.

Crawley are in the Championship after an Iranian tycoon took them over in 2015. They spent £5m in their promotion season including signing Callum Harriott and Dale Stephens.

Seems like I've done basically the same but stalled a year, building the stadium upgrade at the moment but my youth is still crap (Cat 3?! It went down one!).

First FM game where I've had any success as Charlton manager though - before I'd rarely make it to Christmas!

14/15 - 9th Championship
    15/16 - 10th Championship
    16/17 - 1st Championship
    17/18 - 15th Prem
    18/19 - 7th Prem (snuck into Europe)

Team now: in a 4-2-3-1

Pacheco (Free - Castilla)
    Solly Laschelles (£2.2) Gomez Malone (£2.9m)
    Llorente (£1.2m) Cousins
    Donnelly (£220k) T. Hazard (£4.2m) Gray (£4.4m)
    Berahino (£3.4m)

Giving away JJ on a free to Burton in the second season was heartbreaking. Still got 3 originals but Cousins on his way out this pre-season I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

17/18 - 6th in Prem

Seems like I've done basically the same but stalled a year, building the stadium upgrade at the moment but my youth is still crap (Cat 3?! It went down one!).

First FM game where I've had any success as Charlton manager though - before I'd rarely make it to Christmas!

14/15 - 9th Championship
    15/16 - 10th Championship
    16/17 - 1st Championship
    17/18 - 15th Prem
    18/19 - 7th Prem (snuck into Europe)

Team now: in a 4-2-3-1

Pacheco (Free - Castilla)
    Solly Laschelles (£2.2) Gomez Malone (£2.9m)
    Llorente (£1.2m) Cousins
    Donnelly (£220k) T. Hazard (£4.2m) Gray (£4.4m)
    Berahino (£3.4m)

Giving away JJ on a free to Burton in the second season was heartbreaking. Still got 3 originals but Cousins on his way out this pre-season I think.
    Quality keeper. Had him at Forest in my title winning season.
  • Options
    on my fifth season with Charlton and done quite well.

14/15 - 18th Championship
    15/16 - 7th Championship - Missed out to Palace on last day of the season.
    16/17 - 1st Championship
    17/18 - 6th Prem League and qualified for the Euro Cup

• Options
    edited February 2015
    c
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    15.3 update is out, includes updated data.

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/fm15-v1530-available-download
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Fixed the bug where players who come in on trial, their stats aren't fully shown straight away. Although this is good, it throws a spanner in the works of my scouting method of bringing in up to 20 players on trial, looking at them and showing them the door the same day. As a non league team, I'd have over 100 players pass through the club in the summer with probably only 2-3 being offered deals............
  • Options
    Full list of changes here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420974

The best one being GK's reaction is improved after making a save. Also please note that transfer window updates only apply for a new game, not an existing save.............
  • Options
    just noticed on 13/5/21 Chris Powell was hired as manager of Millwall
  • Options
    I'm in October 2016

Chris Powell left Huddersfield at the end of last season to join West Brom and currently has them sitting 12th in the Premier League.
    Bob Peeters is still at Charlton sitting 21st in the Championship after finishing 4th last season.
    Guy Luzon is still manager of Standard Liege.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Getting a bit bored of my now Chelsea game in 2024 so I'm going to put it on hold for a while. Started a new game last night with Charlton with the updates (so I have Johnson, Watt, Dmitrovic etc but not Diarra). I have a transfer budget of £250k. I've decided to just go with the kids and try and develop players like Gomez (who ended up at the very top level on my Chelsea game) TDH and Edwards and even Harriott by throwing them into the first team. Not sure how wise this will turn out the be but it's different to just playing the game normally as I've already done.

So my first XI before any signings is currently:

Henderson

Solly Gomez Edwards Holmes-Dennis

Cousins Jackson

Gudmundsson Moussa Harriott

Vetokele

Loaning Fox out short-term with Wiggins as back-up to Holmes-Dennis. Pope will be number one when he returns. Selling Church to West Ham(?!?) and Wilson to Huddersfield to raise some funds. I'm only going to be signing players under 23. I'm in desperate need of a number ten to play behind Igor as well as a decent right back as cover for Solly. Not really up for loaning players unless I can get them on a permanent deal. Any suggestions?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    BWP is out of contract in december(unless it has been renewed)
    if you offer him a deal and he accepts you can normally buy out his contract for around 110k.

I signed a player called Aloys Nong on a free transfer who was decent
    another decent striker I signed was an Israeli guy called Eden Ben Basat(although that was a couple of seasons in

not a position you have said you need by I really advise you sign Bouazza on a free transfer, really handy squad player

and if you need a CB Leon Barnett from Wigan is very good and you can normal get a decent future fee on him as well
  • Options
    anyone know how to set a testimonial up
    in the year 2024 and Solly is still with me so I wanted to offer him one V Millwall
    but the testimonial option you cant click when I go to arrange friendly

just been offered to play in Darren Randolph's and Jonjo Shelvey's but can't set one up
  • Options

in the year 2024 and Solly is still with me so I wanted to offer him one V Millwall

just been offered to play in Darren Randolph's and Jonjo Shelvey's but can't set one up

I think the club set it up automatically.
  • Options

You should really go for a testimonial he might win
  • Options
    Has anyone seen that SIGames are bringing back the Ice Hockey version of the game... Dont know if anyone tried this when they brought it out a good few years ago?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301120
  • Options
    fantastic and clever from SI

just got a message saying in a display of incredible generosity the board have given you £500 Million to spend on players and a new stadium.
    Please click confirm to accept this unexpected bonus

So naturally I clicked accept and was delighted

it then came up
    you did not think we would make it that easy for you, did you
    APRIL FOOL

well they got me well done SI
  • Options
    They've been doing that one for a few seasons now.........
  • Options
  • Options
    Will soon be updating our data for FM16, so if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions let me know.

There's also a job going at Sports Interactive as a Research Team Assistant, might interest someone on here.

http://www.sigames.com/careers/research-team-assistant