Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Braziliance said:

Ultimately he's finally playing with players on his level (excluding Son from Spurs) and that must feel rewarding enough.
    Oh come on now, so what you're saying is he'd rather be playing with Upamecano instead of Big Eric Dier, with the pace of a snail and the turning circle of a super tanker...
    Bloke can finish from an offside position tho!
  • Options
    Let's not knock 'world cup penalty shootout scoring Eric Dier ' please
  • Options
    Eric Dier had a time when he was excellent for England. The problem was that if Southgate thinks you have done well for him he is loyal beyond the point where you no longer are. Shows he is a nice bloke I suppose but hey ho. Kane is such an intelligent guy and I think he has quite a few more years in him and the medals will come.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Braziliance said:

Ultimately he's finally playing with players on his level (excluding Son from Spurs) and that must feel rewarding enough.
    Oh come on now, so what you're saying is he'd rather be playing with Upamecano instead of Big Eric Dier, with the pace of a snail and the turning circle of a super tanker...
    We can exclude Dier for the England penalty, pushing it after that though. 

Eriksen, Llrois and prime form Dele Ali to be fair.

Dier has done really well to last at Spurs as long as he has, fair play to him
  • Options
    Just another two so far today. 45 mins to get his hattrick, which would mean 3 hattys in 3 league games 🤣
  • Options
    17 in 11 in the league. Ridiculous... in a good way.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    17 in 11 in the league. Ridiculous... in a good way.
    Serhou  Guirassy has just come back from injury and has 15 goals in 9 League games for Stutgart this season and 16 in 10 in total
  • Options
    Scored the only goal in tonight’s win. 
    18 in 12 league games. 

On course for a 50 goal season at this rate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Only played 12 games and has already broke the record for goals in a Bundesliga season by an English player.   
  • Options
    Only played 12 games and has already broke the record for goals in a Bundesliga season by an English player.   
    Who was the previous record holder?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sancho scored 17 in 19/20 season
  • Options
    Keegan?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Boom said:
    Keegan?

Sancho and also Keegan scored 17 goals. Keegan's were for Hamburg  in 1978/79 and he won European Footballer of the Year for a second successive season
  • Options
    Scored the only goal in tonight’s win. 
    18 in 12 league games. 

On course for a 50 goal season at this rate. 
    Watched the first 30 mins of the match, looked at the point that I turned I over that Bayern would hammer them. 
  • Options
    What are the German press and pundits saying about Kane? 

Highly praised or just filling his boots as plays for dominant Bayern? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What are the German press and pundits saying about Kane? 

Highly praised or just filling his boots as plays for dominant Bayern? 
    They're all calling him spongefoot
    Brilliant - proper LOL at that one Nick!  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Der Schwammfuss more likely
  • Options
    Hope Harry shows us some goals tonight.
    Puts Manchester Utd out of Europe and orders a taxi for Ten Hag.

• Options
    Another for Harry tonight already.

I don’t generally watch Bundesliga, but I just switched over after the Scouse v Mancs game and Kane scored within 2 minutes.

Whenever I watch German football it always makes me chuckle to hear the stadium announcer doing the traditional audience participation bit which ends with him saying “danke” and the crowd responding “BITTE!” (‘Thanks’ and ‘you’re welcome’) 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Another goal.

20 in Bundesliga this season now. He is just so good.
  • Options
    Lewandowski got to 40 goals in 7 straight seasons for Bayern and twice got to 50.

If Kane stays fit all season he's going to get close to Lewandowski's best effort (55 goals).
  • Options
    Just scored another absolute beauty 
  • Options
    I have always wanted Bayern to lose in Germany and Dortmund to win the title but since Harry Kane has shown up there i want them to win for England's brilliant Captain.
  • Options
    I have always wanted Bayern to lose in Germany and Dortmund to win the title but since Harry Kane has shown up there i want them to win for England's brilliant Captain.
    Same for me. Similar in Spain with Bellingham.
    Usually would love seeing Bayern and Real Madrid losing, but their English players make me not mind them so much. 
    Weird, because I never softened on Madrid when McManaman, Beckham, Owen or Woodgate played for them!
    I think it’s the nature of the players. Kane is not just an incredible striker, he’s likeable too. And Bellingham seems mature beyond his years and has the potential to be an all time great.
  • Options
    Same for me. Similar in Spain with Bellingham.
    Usually would love seeing Bayern and Real Madrid losing, but their English players make me not mind them so much. 
    Weird, because I never softened on Madrid when McManaman, Beckham, Owen or Woodgate played for them!
    I think it’s the nature of the players. Kane is not just an incredible striker, he’s likeable too. And Bellingham seems mature beyond his years and has the potential to be an all time great.
    And together they could just push England overthe line in at least one major tournament.
  • Options
    saw a bit of a Bayern game on TV last night .. H has settled right into the Bayern (slightly bizarre) culture .. he'll be wearing lederhosen and smoking a meerschaum pipe before much longer