Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    Could be playing at the Euros next year too.
  • Options
    One thing that article has made me realise is he's played more games than both Paul Sturgess and Jamie Stuart.
  • Options
    Yes I am and I did.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he was kidding...
  • Options
    His lack of pace is a genuine concern for me
  • Options
    To be fair he didn't have one of his best games yesterday, I don't know if he's just not fit, but there were a lot of players on our side who were performing below the desired standard, I thought he was lucky not to get sent off for the pullback.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he was one of our best players at St Andrews. Didn't think he had a good game yesterday but no worse than Solly.
  • Options
    It's mean but there is an air of inevitability that an attacking move will break down when he gets involved. Attackers charge at him and he usually gives the ball away
  • Options
    Am I correct in thinking that he started off life as a centre back before he progressed into the first team?

If so maybe move him inside to play alongside Baur. He might be more comfortable there where his lack of pace wouldn't be so easily exposed. As others have said he reads the game well and is decent in the air. Got to be better than Sarr! This would also allow THD to have a good run in his preffered left back spot.

I think the same could be applied to Cousins also. Made his name at youth level with England as a right back and was converted into a midfielder when he made the step up the first team. With himself and Solly suffering dips in form it might be a good idea to give him a run back there. Great engine on him and he should feel fairly comfortable in that role as he has played there previously.

Obviously on the injury front we are short in midfield at the moment so not an option at present but maybe something for the coaching team to think about given our lack of squad depth and the way we are shipping goals.
  • Options

His lack of pace is a genuine concern for me

Looked like he had lead in his boots, up against Maitland-Niles yesterday.
  • Options
    Solly gets away with so much more despite the fact that he appears to be a fraction of the player he was a year or 2 ago.
  • Options
    Anyone who justifies Fox by saying he is a welsh international should remember that he is third choice. Can anyone name me a welsh left back other that Fox and the two in front of him? No. Thought not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone who justifies Fox by saying he is a welsh international should remember that he is third choice. Can anyone name me a welsh left back other that Fox and the two in front of him? No. Thought not.

Gareth.
  • Options
    Am a fan of Fox, but yesterday he was awful. So was Sarr, Solly, Bauer, JBG, Makieonok, Cousens.............................
  • Options
    If Fox wants a carrer at this level he need to start his conversion to Centre Back pdq - I don't think he has the brain speed to be a full back I'm afraid. We keep conceding goals from the left side and THD or even Bergdych must be better choices.
  • Options
    sm said:

If Fox wants a carrer at this level he need to start his conversion to Centre Back pdq - I don't think he has the brain speed to be a full back I'm afraid. We keep conceding goals from the left side and THD or even Bergdych must be better choices.

THD maybe. Bergdich never.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Flogging Rhoys, joke

Yet another mistress stroke (for the benefit of the PC brigade) by our CEO.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Flogging Rhoys, joke

You seem to forget how fragile Wiggins was. Fox would still be getting half a season if Wiggy was still here.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    1StevieG said:

RedChaser said:

Flogging Rhoys, joke

You seem to forget how fragile Wiggins was. Fox would still be getting half a season if Wiggy was still here.
    Half a season of Wiggy would be better than a full season of Fox I'm afraid. He's just not good enough at this level, mind you there's a few in the squad at the moment who could have the same said about them especially on yesterday's performance.
  • Options
    Fox invariably plays well when the players around him play well.

He's often left exposed by his left sided midfielder not tracking back.
    Look at the difference in his performance when Jacko got back in the team?

Mind you for his booking, when Holmes-Dennis was switched to LM yesterday, that was a horrible hospital ball he gave that put Foxy in trouble.

Okay a top class player might have got himself out of that situation.
    But most Champs fullbacks wouldn't have.