Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options

Bobby Moore....Pat Rice....hardly the 'modern' game, not great examples there

Think of the England Vs Brazil game 1970, I don't think that Brazil team loses anything in comparison to anything you'll see today, and Moore gave the greatest display of defending I've ever seen.
    I can't see why Rice isn't a good example of the point I made, which is that attitude and application are as important as talent (obviously I don't mean someone who has no talent at all)

• Options
    Looked OK against Notts Forest without standing out too much. Still don't agree with those who say he is a better defender than Rhoys Wiggins. Not in a million years.
  • Options
    He's improving
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Looked OK against Notts Forest without standing out too much. Still don't agree with those who say he is a better defender than Rhoys Wiggins. Not in a million years.

I haven't seen/heard anyone actually say that though. At most it's that Fox should keep his place once Wiggins is fit again, which is only fair.
  • Options
    Continues to be a solid championship left back under Luzon by the sounds of things. Well done Morgan!

Was awesome to see how much passion he showed when the penalty went in. Charlton through and through! :)
  • Options
    As defenders in the championship, Fox is better in the air( has played CB)
    Both have been skinned this season by wingers. Fox has had 7 out of ten marks recently, and is playing with more confidence,
    As Rhoys is spending more time walking his dog than playing, he really must get more protection for his feet.
    On the attacking front Wiggins is well ahead, and Luzon style of play will benefit Rhoys more than anyone as this is the strongest part of his game.
    at least at the moment we don't have to rush him back as Morgan is having a decent spell.

• Options
    You need to watch his defensive positioning. It's terrible. Going forward - absolutely, improved no end. But he gives the winger far too much room to cross. You watch Solly/Gomez, they are on the winger like a rash. Fox just half-heartedly watches them cross the ball.
  • Options
    Can't see any truth in those teams being interested in him, despite his upturn in performances but if he were sold for decent money (£2-3 million) then that would surely be the player sale to help balance the books that many expect RD to demand this summer.

We have sicknote (Wiggins) as the main left back and we could then promote one of the promising youngsters from the U21's.

Out of all the current first team squad I think we would miss him the least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when is his contract up? agent talk??
  • Options

You need to watch his defensive positioning. It's terrible. Going forward - absolutely, improved no end. But he gives the winger far too much room to cross. You watch Solly/Gomez, they are on the winger like a rash. Fox just half-heartedly watches them cross the ball.

Fine, but he needs time in the team. How many 21 year olds are instantly top players? With the right coach, which we all hope Luzon is, he'll improve. I reckon he might get a loan spell next year with Wiggins and Homes-Dennis as our first choices.
  • Options
    Somebody's agent has been busy...

• Options
    se9addick said:

Somebody's agent has been busy...

Seems he's got his own :smile:morganfox.co.uk/
  • Options

Fine, but he needs time in the team. How many 21 year olds are instantly top players? With the right coach, which we all hope Luzon is, he'll improve. I reckon he might get a loan spell next year with Wiggins and Homes-Dennis as our first choices.
    Agree that not all are instantly top players, however - he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. You would have thought the Fulham game would've sent him in the right direction on what he needs to work on... his positioning.
  • Options
    Amazing how little the whingers know about football. Fox is improving and will be a good player.
  • Options
    Lovely to read the verses, but forgive me if I repeat the chorus.

Wiggins got injured, so Fox stepped up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LOL
  • Options

Perhaps the scouts of Premiership football teams know more about football than some CL stalwarts?

Agree with that comment
  • Options
    He's one of ours. Always prefer to see our own stay.
  • Options
    He has improved a lot in recent games and been one of the best performers in some of them. Young lad, with the right guidance could get even better. Certainly has the right attitude.

But, Sir Chrissy, if I understand you correctly you would pay for his journey to one of three PL clubs for us to get an undetermined fee to go into RD/Network pocket? Seems odd but then again they do say fools and their money are easily parted!
  • Options
    Astounded by the Comments on here. He's been playing very very well.
  • Options
    I still click the thread thinking it's about Megan not Morgan