Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Fox

Comments

• Options
    Bikey is not fat. Huge yes, fat no.
  • Options
    I thought Fox had his best game for us. Started poorly but improved as the game went on and made some excellent tackles and interceptions in the second half. He gets pelters for his passing but there wasn't usually anyone there to pass to. Which was the case for all the defense too.
  • Options
    Bladdy hell just seen blackburns last goal, what on earth is he playing at
  • Options

Trying to cover for the CB's whilst being unsupported by Jordan Cousins who he had been urging to get back and help.
  • Options

Hard to tell from the telly but it looked like Fox wa the only defender in the penalty area. Weird. Just can't understand what we are up to at the moment. It's school playground stuff.
  • Options
    "Roy of the Rovers" Bikey was out on the right trying to get up off his arse.
  • Options
    Hard to defend Fox on yesterday's goals but I would say Jackson is also at fault for the second and where were our two centre halves?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Hard to defend Fox on yesterday's goals but I would say Jackson is also at fault for the second and where were our two centre halves?

We were playing 3 at the back at that time TBH was playing RCB and got dragged towards the play what Bikey was doing I know not, but JJ had dropped in to cover. Fox, ball watching? went across to the centre but was unaware over his shoulder of Taylor who scored. Now was there any shout from the keeper to Fox? And where was Cousins who learnt his trade as a defender. Shambles is the only word to describe the second goal.
  • Options
    Give Morgan Fox time as he's a young pro still learning,will come good eventually
  • Options
    I have defended Fox this season and thought he should be cut some slack at first.
    However, although he had a decent 2nd half yesterday, I'm really peeved that he didn't even bother to jump, for their 1st goal. A basic cross, that he should have got his head to. Poor poor show.

He clearly isn't up to the required level and like the majority of the U21 squad being played, is far too easily, out muscled, out run, out jumped and out thought.

Boys against men.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Give Morgan Fox time as he's a young pro still learning,will come good eventually

How much time can you give a player in a Championship team when he's clearly not good enough and hasn't been in any of his professional games for us? He is not young in footballing terms, and is showing no signs of improvement. It is detrimental to us as a team to keep playing him 'because he will come good eventually'.
  • Options
    No good singling out Fox after such an abject team performance. He was no worse than Bikey or Wilson in defense and our centre midfield was as soft as a pudding.
  • Options
    I thought he did alright yesterday - not stand out bad compared to the rest. Stupid hair cut though.
  • Options
    I'm dead against stringing our players out, especially the youngsters. Players blossom at different stages. However I've been watching football long enough now to have a fair sense of when someone has it or when they haven't. For example, KAG is out of his depth at the moment but I've seen enough to suggest there is a player in there if handled and developed properly. I thought the same with Cousins but my jury is out for the moment. Fox I'm afraid just hasn't got it from what my eyes can see. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am. Decent league 1 or 2 player at most I think.
  • Options
    Thank God Rhoys is back so we could drop Fox. Things are so much better.
  • Options
    Morgan always strikes me at times as waiting that second too long in his decision taking - but he does show occasionally that he can drop the delay and suddenly do things that are impressive. I am not sure whether this inconsistency is due to a lack of confidence on his part or whether is instinctive side/football brain just functions intermittently - hopefully it is the former. It is not unknown for players of Morgan's age to develop and improve dramatically with the right coaching/encouragement.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Rhoys's attacking play was very poor yesterday, and his control and passing terrible. Apart from one great clearance off the line he was a shadow of the player he used to be (before the injuries?)
  • Options
    Since Promotion to the Championship have never seen Wiggins have a good run in the side (wasnt Preston in our League One year the only match he missed?)

Reckon if Wiggins can avoid any injuries for a good period then we may see the old player emerging, at the moment though he's so stop / start its impossible for him to find form
  • Options
    masicat said:

Fox played far better against wolves, than waggins did against Rotherham. Give the lad a break for God's sake!.
  • Options

masicat said:

Fox played far better against wolves, than waggins did against Rotherham. Give the lad a break for God's sake!.
    I think you missed the irony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Best game of the season tonight from Fox on top of improved performances recently, even getting forward a bit. Keep this up and Wiggins will not be a shoe in when he returns. What a difference some confidence and playing next to a decent centre back two and in front of a competent keeper makes.

Thought he was better on Saturday, but it's two brilliant performances. Definitely deserves to keep the left back spot on current form.
  • Options
    Sheer quality tonight, really enjoyable performance.
  • Options
    Fox oozed confidence in the second half tonight. On the last couple of performances I'd put him before Wiggins.
    I really hope we keep the nucleus of the squad together next season.
  • Options
    He's getting better with every game he plays, you can see him growing in confidence and competence as he goes along and it's great to see. He's probably never going to be a left-footed Solly, and I still wonder if maybe he's better suited to centreback in the long term but for me he's pretty much integral to the defence. I admit I didn't think he'd have what it takes, I am more than happy to have him shove his recent form in my face. Well played Foxy, well played indeed.
  • Options
    Fox did very well
  • Options
    Hats off to him. He's proving me wrong and I'm delighted. Superb tonight.
  • Options
    Yes done very well last 2 games. Grown in confidence and it shows.