Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oguchi Onyewu Signs On Loan - Extended to end of season

edited December 2014 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Cant say I know enough about him to have an idea if this is a good move or not.
  • Options
    I can't understand the thinking behind this? Letting Morrison leave for Brum and bringing in this guy until January.
  • Options
    Not on loan - he was a free agent. A short-term contract
  • Options
    we need Piggy's input.
  • Options
    Played for Standard for 5 years, last club was Massive has world cup and champions league experience too
  • Options
    Saw this and hoped he was a striker!
  • Options
    Morro gets games and we get to see what this guy has to offer.
  • Options
    Welcome.

Passes the height test

Passes the knows the Championship test

Passes the used to play for Liege test

Fails the young and has a resale value test.

Fails the is he as good as Cory Gibbs test

But an experienced defender and when he gets match fit (he's been without a club) should be a good short term replacement for Morrison.
  • Options
    Start him tomorrow, guaranteed "former player scores" goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GOOCH.

I have no other impact than that other than he is another beast. Remember he was good at WC2006 but not sure other than that.
  • Options

I can't understand the thinking behind this? Letting Morrison leave for Brum and bringing in this guy until January.

I'd guess the thinking is we 'save' a few grand a week which we can then put towards the wages of the striker we are signing later this afternoon ;-)

• Options
    This fella and Bikey are probably be the henchest CB pairing in football history.
  • Options
    Won't be too many strikers bullying him and Bikey that's for sure
  • Options
    probably some prospective budget trading off here ..Morrison saleable in jan and this guy comes in for nothing on a lower salary
  • Options
    Now I believe the Morrison story
  • Options
    Pleased enough with this signing as a back up to our main two, especially if it is budgeted to allow us to also sign a striker on loan, rather then just a replacement for Morrison.
  • Options
    I can remember seeing him play for USA and thinking he was an absolute monster.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

probably some prospective budget trading off here ..Morrison saleable in jan and this guy comes in for nothing on a lower salary

This, I think we will sell MM in Jan this guy will see us through to the end of the season and then someone we will sign a CB maybe even the dutch guy we was looking at.
  • Options
    Has a pedigree far greater than morrison, however gutted I am that morrow is going I guess it's all about trusting bbp and his vision
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shame the 7 shirt is allocated .. else he could be our 0 0 7 .. welcome Oguchi .. funny name for an American, why not Hank or Tex or Buddy ?
  • Options
    Isn't he the guy who had a huge fight with Zlatan?
  • Options

Isn't he the guy who had a huge fight with Zlatan?

from Wiki

On November 5, 2010; Onyewu made international headlines when he and teammate Zlatan Ibrahimović engaged in a fight during training,[11] prior to a league match against Bari. It was reported that Onyewu suffered a reckless tackle from Ibrahimović, causing Onyewu to confront him. The two were then separated by team mates, though the club reported he and Ibrahimović have made up for their fight.[12]

• Options
    Not sure if its just because he is an old player who has come to us or what but their forum dont seem to rate him maybe @operationpig can give us an honest assessment of him

A couple of comments I picked up on
    Strange move though. They loan out Michael Morrison to Brum who's served them very well since leaving us, and bring in the mercenary.

Hope he plays against us. He's not that mobile so if we can get in and around him and not take the aerial route we could well have some success. Our central defence this season has shown we are better without him.
  • Options
    Thought him and Jay DeMerit were immense when the USA got to the Confederations Cup Final in 2009, he got a move to AC Milan on the back of it but things didn't work out for him and from there his career started to go downhill a bit. Very happy to have signed him despite not knowing too much about his recent form.
  • Options

Not sure if its just because he is an old player who has come to us or what but their forum dont seem to rate him maybe @operationpig can give us an honest assessment of him

Strange move though. They loan out Michael Morrison to Brum who's served them very well since leaving us, and bring in the mercenary.

Hope he plays against us. He's not that mobile so if we can get in and around him and not take the aerial route we could well have some success. Our central defence this season has shown we are better without him.

Better without him....or better without Llera? No brainer.
  • Options
    He won't be starting, not quite as easy to chuck a CB in a very well gelled team already. Swapping cover (unless he earns his spot) to cut down wages, simple as that. Morro will be sold after his loan spell, not fair on him or wise for the piggy bank having him sit on the bench.
  • Options

I would not listen to anything that comes from a Wednesday fan.

If you listen to them you would think they invented football and was the biggest club in the history of football.
  • Options
    I like this one. Good experience and in the Bikey mold. Big Bob obviously doesn't like Morro.