Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oguchi Onyewu Signs On Loan - Extended to end of season

Comments

• Options
    Gooch is a local kid that we follow pretty closely. Really, really like him and his approach to the game. Injuries have taken a major toll on a promising career. Hope he's able to contribute to the club.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

i was loop warm when we got TBH and Bikey untill i saw them play ---well done Bob for bringing em in--lets hope this guy is as good.

why listen to anything Wednesday have to say---northern monkeys fed on lead as kids.

Loop warm?
    It's a bit like luke warm, but a bit more loopy :-)
  • Options
    People worried about Onyewu's lack of pace are presumably similarly worried about Bikey? He's very slow too but makes up for it in his reading of the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Guys! Can you NOT put pictures of naked/semi-naked people in threads that are marked as General Charlton, please? @cafcfan and Fanny can you remove the images from your comments? Ta.

For those who wish to continuing perving admiring his muscles, I've copied the image to a new thread instead:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64762/nsfw-a-would-ya-for-admirers-of-the-male-form
  • Options
    Unsure whether this is a wind up but you know me....always do as I'm told.
  • Options
    45 games since 2011.

Reckon he'll be a bit rusty should he make an appearance.
  • Options
    Played 19 games since January so perhaps he is over the worst of it.
  • Options
    Hoping he's better than the last Gooch we signed...
  • Options
    Sorry I'm late, just in.

He started well for us, fizzled off big time, billy big bollux saying he wanted to sign for Newcastle lol.

He's solid, decent in the air, but lacks a bit of pace, can get cought out but imo he's still decent.

Better than Morro.

Strong, just what you need in this league BUT there are better players, sorry it sounds a mix bag, he is.
  • Options
    Played for A.C Milan,Sporting Lisbon,Malaga,Newcastle,QPR,Sheff Wed,FC Twente and Liege! We are getting better players with very good history at clubs Champions league and Europa league plus the US international and looks like he knows there the goal is from corners and free kicks ie headers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Bob is looking for confident centre backs who are calm and can play the ball.

As much as I loved having Morro with us, when he has the ball he looks a bit panicky and not comfortable. Great defender and gives everything, am still going to be sad to see him leave permanently (if it happens).

This. bang on the money
  • Options
    @operationpig‌ sounds like a fair assessment, all players at our level are missing something or they would be higher.
  • Options
    Morrison is a very decent Championship level centre back in the true british style. I don't think that's what Peeters is looking for. I am happy that Morro can move on and get games and I'm sure he'll do a good job wherever he ends up. As for Oguchi. Welcome and much success.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Guys! Can you NOT put pictures of naked/semi-naked people in threads that are marked as General Charlton, please? @cafcfan and Fanny can you remove the images from your comments? Ta.

For those who wish to continuing perving admiring his muscles, I've copied the image to a new thread instead:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64762/nsfw-a-would-ya-for-admirers-of-the-male-form

Did you work for the Vatican in a previous life?

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Er Dazzler is the boss round here mate. Are these orders from him?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I am more and more convinced that in certain positions (not kama sutra lol): Goalkeeper, central defence, at least one striker and central midfielder .. S I Z E . M A T T E R S ... that is, managers like 'em big
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @cafcfan Since when is asking you to do something censorship? And surely if I'd worked in the Vatican in a previous life I'd not have reposted the picture in a different category in a thread labelled NSFW. We've got a mix of different people on here, and while there may be more risque stuff in "Fun Jokes and Captions" for instance, "General Charlton" stuff should be safe for anyone to read anywhere they like.

Anyway, back to Gooch. I know he didn't play today, but is he as big a unit in the flesh in person, as he seems?
  • Options
    He was quality today
  • Options
    Agree with Ali. That post was embarrassing for me at work.
  • Options
    What are you all doing on charlton life at work anyway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's such a thing as "lunch time" you know...
  • Options
    Deal extended until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Good news at least we have cover at CB now for the rest of the season
  • Options
    He put in a good shift on Boxing Day and he's an absolute unit. Think him, Bikey and TBH at the back would be beast-mode in a 3-5-2. At the very least he's more than capable to replace our two main CBs and seemed to cope in a wide position as well.
  • Options
    Loved his blatantly sticky thow in gloves as well.
  • Options
    I was quite impressed with him on Boxing Day, a great long throw as well
  • Options
    Good business. He was impressive against Cardiff.
  • Options

Dizzle said:

i was loop warm when we got TBH and Bikey untill i saw them play ---well done Bob for bringing em in--lets hope this guy is as good.

why listen to anything Wednesday have to say---northern monkeys fed on lead as kids.

Loop warm?
    It's a bit like luke warm, but a bit more loopy :-)
    Hey! Watch it!:-)
  • Options
    Go Soccer Guy!
  • Options
    I like him. Heaven knows he has waited long enough to get a kick of the ball.
    Although he needs to watch he doesn't get caught upfield (a nice way of saying he is a bit slow).