Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yet another night of fireworks, when will this insanity of 10 days of this stuff end?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I have no problem with nov 5th
  • Options
    Razil puts his xmas decorations up Christmas Eve and takes them down Boxing Day. Wouldn't want to drag the event out !!
  • Options
    Na i like the xmas stuff, but not in october
    November thats a whole other rant..
  • Options

Dogs are pack animals, they will look up to their owner as leader of the pack and pick up behavioural traits for you. If your dog is scared of fireworks then instead of letting it cower, stand up in the middle of the room, stand tall, look confident, thump your cheat...act like pack leader and they will follow and be ok with it.

Try sniffing his arse and growling
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Dogs are pack animals, they will look up to their owner as leader of the pack and pick up behavioural traits for you. If your dog is scared of fireworks then instead of letting it cower, stand up in the middle of the room, stand tall, look confident, thump your cheat...act like pack leader and they will follow and be ok with it.
    expert at the Brockley Park country fair was telling everyone this summer...

What a load of rubbish, you obviously do not have any dogs, and as for a so called expert, less said the better and if I knew where my cheat was, I would gladly thump it
  • Options
    Good thread, it's shit on 5th nov let a lone 5 nights either side, yawn!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

expert at the Brockley Park country fair was telling everyone this summer...

What a load of rubbish, you obviously do not have any dogs, and as for a so called expert, less said the better and if I knew where my cheat was, I would gladly thump it
    What bit is rubbish and why? I'm here to learn and listen to lots of people who profess to be "experts" behaviourist and trainers and some that just have pets and pass on their personal experience. Some wouldn't know a dogs ar5e from its elbow (yes, they have elbows) and some are very informative.

• Options
    Is this thread about fireworks or dogs or both?

It seems to be leaning towards dogs, so can they be included in the title?

Then, those that just want to discuss their views on fireworks will know that it's really a canine behavioural thread and steer clear if required.

• Options
    Fireworks don't bother me, or my brown lab, bless her, she just hates cats