Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poyet joins Huddersfield !!

Comments

• Options

It's getting really gay round here nowadays

I think its more a case that some people just can't get their noggin around the fact that some of their fellow 'supporters' so readily wish to shit on one the most iconic, achieving and likeable characters in the Club's history at every opportunity they can.
    Or maybe don't choose to blame the Club? I believe Diego was let down by the club at the time, imagine him trying to balance in his mind what to do? Ask CAFC what was going to happen imagine the reply err well no manager players leaving seeming no direction or 2/3/4 x money big contract round the corner at a premier league club. Do we really blame him? I sure don't.
  • Options
    Sorry Rev, I was referring to Powell not Poyet
  • Options
    Poyet would easily get in our midfield. Surprised he's ended up there, he probably thought he could've gone to a club higher up in the Championship on loan.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Poyet was in a very poor charlton team .. Doudt he would get in our team now,

Of course he would
  • Options

Poyet is and will be a class player. Such a shame the blokes and absolute tosser. I've said it before and I'll say again, sure you would leave your work for more money, but when you've had your 8 year training paid for by a company you would give them a bit more than 5-6 months of service before sodding off to get better paid for the same job somewhere else. If some one did that to my company I'd be majorly fucked off and rightly so.

Unless your firm was taken over and you didn't know what to expect when your manager is sacked and players leaving around you?
  • Options
    cos football is really close to normal jobs with their contract situation and jumping between different teams and limited career time
  • Options
    edited November 2014

cos football is really close to normal jobs with their contract situation and jumping between different teams and limited career time

then why are people comparing it to "you would do it in a similar situation at your work" if they're so different? It's not a normal job, you're right, you're playing and wearing the shirt that tens of thousands would die to play for every week. Poyet would definitely not have been badly off if he'd signed a new contract. So this "he's doing it for his family, who are a family of a former international footballer, so they must be badly off" (!!!) argument is utter rubbish.

Poyet is and will be a class player. Such a shame the blokes and absolute tosser. I've said it before and I'll say again, sure you would leave your work for more money, but when you've had your 8 year training paid for by a company you would give them a bit more than 5-6 months of service before sodding off to get better paid for the same job somewhere else. If some one did that to my company I'd be majorly fucked off and rightly so.

Unless your firm was taken over and you didn't know what to expect when your manager is sacked and players leaving around you?
    yeah, your firm is taken over and all that happens and then they offer you a massive lucrative contract. I think it's fair to say we'd bite their hand off.
  • Options

then why are people comparing it to "you would do it in a similar situation at your work" if they're so different? It's not a normal job, you're right, you're playing and wearing the shirt that tens of thousands would die to play for every week. Poyet would definitely not have been badly off if he'd signed a new contract. So this "he's doing it for his family, who are a family of a former international footballer, so they must be badly off" (!!!) argument is utter rubbish.
    why is it utter rubbish , who are you to chose how he or his family spend their dough , no one is saying he would be 'badly off' if he had signed for us but he may be better off signing for west ham

as i've said before he may wanna put his feet up when he's retired out the game at the age of 40, he may wanna give his money to charity and become a monk , he may wanna gamble it away or do it all on drugs and hookers but it's his choice to make and not ours
    may be he's thinking i don't wanna live off my dad , i wanna make my own way in this world
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

why is it utter rubbish , who are you to chose how he or his family spend their dough , no one is saying he would be 'badly off' if he had signed for us but he may be better off signing for west ham

as i've said before he may wanna put his feet up when he's retired out the game at the age of 40, he may wanna give his money to charity and become a monk , he may wanna gamble it away or do it all on drugs and hookers but it's his choice to make and not ours
    may be he's thinking i don't wanna live off my dad , i wanna make my own way in this world
    again, he would've got a fair wedge signing at charlton. Play first team football and make a name for himself in the championship. He now might be destined for playing loan spells in the championship and just being "gus poyet's son who's alright but hasn't really done much yet".
  • Options
    yep but he made that choice , so he has to live with it
  • Options
    Ffs. Speechless.
  • Options
    Poyet on the bench today for 'Udders
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Poyet was in a very poor charlton team .. Doudt he would get in our team now,

Ok Colin.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pedro45 said:

Poyet on the bench today for 'Udders

Unused sub. What's the point? The loan is only until 6th December and there's a two week break now.
  • Options

Whose Poyet?

Huddersfield's Poyet.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

He probably just wants to get a bit of fitness up and he could be back at West Ham for the Xmas games and the FA Cup. No big deal.

FFS.

The CL ladeez would have helped him "get a bit of fitness up"!

No need whatsoever to go to Huddersfield.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Kap10 said:

With Powells record on loan, Poyet will be on the bench in no time.

Defoe, Parker Poyet ........ all in the same group! Don't agree with booing, or calling C's as we did at Craven Cottage recently but each of these being guilty of the same crime, except with Parker we at least got a good fee.

Like Grant Holt?
    Like Diego Poyet!!!
  • Options
    Sure...so CAFC give every under 21 talent a three year deal but "forget" to offer one to Poyet?!
    Not just Piggott...Harriott, Cousins, Fox, Gomez are all on long term deals.
    He's gone now, he didn't play yesterday.

Meanwhile we won and we could be back in the top six soon with the players who stayed and the players who joined over the summer.

That's all that matters really.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I'd be majorly fucked off if the club I had spent my entire teenage years with couldn't sort out my contract until a few months before it was due to expire but were more than happy to give Joe Piggot a three year extension at the start of the season.
    why?

this is assuming that the club were in the financial position to match poyet's demands. It's also pretty well documented poyet had a clause giving him a pay rise on debut (pretty shrewd negotiation from the player) that the club were unwilling to meet. Joe Piggott was also clearly a better prospect at the time having scored shedloads of goals for the u21s. I'm sure you'd be pissed off if your mate that you grew up with won a 3 year contract... this isn't eastenders.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Poyet's demands would have been a drop in the ocean at the start of the season compared to what they were by the time he was a regular in our side and on his way to winning Player of the Year.

How do you know that? I always got the impression he was never likely to sign a long term deal with us.

How do you know we didn't offer him a long term deal when he was 17, and/or summer 2013?

• Options
    cafctom said:

Poyet's demands would have been a drop in the ocean at the start of the season compared to what they were by the time he was a regular in our side and on his way to winning Player of the Year.

As for it being "pretty well documented" about his clause......By who exactly? Someone on Charlton Life? That is not well documented. That is hear say.

Our board at the time messed up, and messed up big time. We paid the price. Putting it all down to Poyet when he acted well within his rights just smacks of bitterness.

yeah our board Slater, Jiminez and Prothero messed up, but using that as a justification for not signing when the club clearly now had the resources to offer him a new contract is very unprofessional, almost childish. Justifying it by saying west ham offered more money is fair enough, but makes him a spoilt tosser in my book.