Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poyet joins Huddersfield !!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

No, it just means he is looking out for himself. Had our club looked out for him a year earlier then we wouldn't have had the situation arise.

Charlton FC fucked it up, nobody else.

how?
  • Options
    wasnt there a bloke on here who said he went to a party with diego and diego told him exactly what was going on but couldnt comment (for obvious reasons) at the time. I wonder what it was...
  • Options
    cafctom said:

No, it just means he is looking out for himself. Had our club looked out for him a year earlier then we wouldn't have had the situation arise.

Charlton FC fucked it up, nobody else.

Fortunately we have an owner with the wealth and vision not only to sign young talent but to restrict loan signings so that the coach has to play the likes of Fox, Harriott, Cousins and Gomez on a regular basis.
    Many fans have been on here saying this and that about how we need three loans.
    Well you only have a first XI plus seven subs - we are winning games with what we have and our academy players are getting exposure.
    I'm sure mistakes will happen in future but weright now all is well.
  • Options

Hope he enjoys his time on the Huddersfield bench, he certainly earned it.

It is a new challenge of sorts I s'pose.
  • Options
    3rd Greedy Bastard
  • Options
    There's only three greedy bastards.
  • Options
    Some players, like Joe Gomez for example, have their heads screwed on properly and realise actually playing is what is important and while doing so is picking up a decent wage for a 17 year old. Others, like the kid who went to Chelsea, and to a certain extent Poyet, would rather earn xx k per week and not actually play. In the long run its people like Gomez who are the winners. Ask Scott Parker. Chased the money and it hindered his career. I'm not happy with what Poyet did but he made his bed, now he can lie in it. Or rather sit on the Huddersfield bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Money aside, there's a lot of prestige difference about playing for a Championship club and a premiership club.

There are hundreds of reasons why if I was a player I would rather be at west ham than Charlton, and people talking about pigott getting a 3 year contract, Poyet would have seen a lot of his friends fade into nothingness in the football world.

Football has very very few loyalties, its a very short career and no one gets to attached because you could be out on loan at huddersfield tomorrow...
  • Options
    I would think he was on the bench because he joined Huddersfield late in the week and probably didn't know his new teammates too well. Plus Powell's loyalty would mean he wouldn't immediately drop a regular for a newbie.
    The only loyalty on football is us lot - fans. That's why we find it so bloody horrible when a player leaves for more dough. As has been said before, not many tears shed for the likes of Tamer Tuna when they were shown the door.
  • Options
    He didn't need to sign he didn't have to sign he needed to leave say thanks and go

None of the cryptic bollox and bullshit just go
  • Options

He didn't need to sign he didn't have to sign he needed to leave say thanks and go

None of the cryptic bollox and bullshit just go

agree

i reckon he wanted to say something but was advised not to , he should have been advised to shut up in the first place
  • Options

He shafted us. We allowed it to happen but it was Diego who did it.

I don't see how he has shafted us. We let his contract run out and he left. Loyalty works two ways; it's worth asking the question, in the years that he was in our various youth teams how many of his friends and colleagues had been dumped by the club? Or should I say 'let go' in the mangled terminology that clubs use to disguise the fact that they are stamping on a young player's dreams. Poyet didn't run out with the till or anything. He played more than his fair share in keeping us up and then walked away.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't feel disappointed or that he couldn't have handled the situation better. You could well argue that we shafted ourselves (or at maybe The Mysterons did - or perhaps even Baton for selling them a pup) but we've not been shafted by him.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Powell is a class man and manager.

Shame it is no longer with us.

correct he's a class man and a decent manager.....however I wouldn't swap him for Big Bob now
  • Options
    Once again, he wasn't offered a deal early enough or he was never going to sign. Not ITK but Gus Poyet used to live next door to Jiminez...a number of ex Chelsea players helped to fund les Bourdes and we know how that worked out... And/or West Ham tapped him up...and/or his dad said you can do better.
    So maybe Diego Poyet was never going to sign for us?
    We are in a better place now and we are signing the likes of Gomez so that Our club gets full value when he goes.
    My focus is on CAFC vs Millwall - I don't care who Huddersfield play next. We have to win at home to satisfy Staprix that it is worth investing in quality players to push on.