Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options

Bloody clinical... Andorra had one shot last night in the 90th min... one goal to end up drawing with Kazakhstan, means that they're unbeaten in 2018 and sit second (out of four teams) in their Group.

Watched up until the first goal of the Scotland game last night and god did they deserve to be in Level C... Wasted so many good chances in the first half by miskicking the ball from a good position was getting a bit laughable, its a shame for them really because they were creating some good chances, just need to find a really good goal scorer

Still see them struggling to qualify for the Euros via. the Nations League route as if they win their Group it looks like they'll go into a Play-Off facing two from: Greece | Bulgaria | Serbia

England lose so you pick on Scotland FOR WINNING.

racist.
  • Options

Bloody clinical... Andorra had one shot last night in the 90th min... one goal to end up drawing with Kazakhstan, means that they're unbeaten in 2018 and sit second (out of four teams) in their Group.

Watched up until the first goal of the Scotland game last night and god did they deserve to be in Level C... Wasted so many good chances in the first half by miskicking the ball from a good position was getting a bit laughable, its a shame for them really because they were creating some good chances, just need to find a really good goal scorer

Still see them struggling to qualify for the Euros via. the Nations League route as if they win their Group it looks like they'll go into a Play-Off facing two from: Greece | Bulgaria | Serbia

England lose so you pick on Scotland FOR WINNING.

racist.
    The amount of times the ball was swing in from the left only for the Striker to pirouette made me wonder if I was watching Ballet @ Hampton Park rather than Football during the first half mate... Not to mention hitting the post from a header that was practically on the line and then the first goal that wouldnt have happened had their defender not forgotten what way he was shooting ;)

Certainly see all the Home Nations constantly being relegated and promoted; whilst I think England can handle Level A I think they'll be relegated a few times yet will be too good for Level B, same with Wales (Who I reckon will mainly sit around Level B rather than being promoted or relegated)

For Scotland | Northern Ireland | Ireland I see them being able to handle Level C yet wonder if they've got enough to be able to handle Level B - Still really hope that all five get to Euro 2020 though and also hope that the 20/21 Nations League has a Group filled with the Home Nations in a mini-British Championship
  • Options
    i can see england flip flopping between leagues
  • Options
    Remember when football used to be a simple game? Have not the slightest interest in this competition - the European version of the Checkatrade Trophy for me.
  • Options

I’m liking it too.

You only have to look at the wins and subsequent celebrations for countries like Faroe Islands and Liechtenstein to see how delighted they are to be winning games in a competitive environment.

this aswell cannot do any team any good to be hammered every game, and it gives them a competitive game even scotland managed to get a win last night i hear they were dancing in the streets of glasgow argentinia/croatia/iceland shirts on and everything.
    Unless you are San Marino. They still got hammered as per usual, 5-0 at Belarus.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Spain v Croatia tonight. If both teams take it seriously it could be a superb game.
  • Options

Looking forward to Spain v Croatia tonight. If both teams take it seriously it could be a superb game.

3-0 Spain already
    Maybe we did play well on Saturday haha
  • Options
    Marco Asensio looking really good for Spain. Two great strikes for two of the goals although the second bounced off the crossbar onto the back of the keeper's head then into the net. He seems to be developing into an excellent player and is being given a big role at Real Madrid this season.
  • Options
    How can people expect England to win anything when half the team aren't deemed good enough to be regulars at their clubs?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    jondon76 said:

How can people expect England to win anything when half the team aren't deemed good enough to be regulars at their clubs?

Half the main squad have been rested today as its a friendly and Gareth is looking at full squad but from the proper 1st 11 they are regulars

Pickford
    Trippier/Walker
    Gomez
    Stones
    Maguire
    Rose/Shaw
    Henderson
    Ali
    Lingard
    Rashford.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus wept that was a piss poor first half. Swiss should be at least 1 up. What’s the point of playing the second 11?
  • Options
    Spaim 4-0 Croatias goal difference taking a hit
  • Options
    Butland is dog shite.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Jesus wept that was a piss poor first half. Swiss should be at least 1 up. What’s the point of playing the second 11?

Because its a friendly, isnt that the idea of friendlies to give other players the experience on the big stage and see how they perform.
  • Options
    Spain 5-0
  • Options

jondon76 said:

Half the main squad have been rested today as its a friendly and Gareth is looking at full squad but from the proper 1st 11 they are regulars

Pickford
    Trippier/Walker
    Gomez
    Stones
    Maguire
    Rose/Shaw
    Henderson
    Ali
    Lingard
    Rashford.

Rose hasn't been a regular this season, Henderson hasn't been a regular this season, Rashford is in and out of the man Utd team.
  • Options

Spain 5-0

Great atmosphere at the game as well in Elche, watching it on TV. Spain always move around the country to play their national games and it is a big event in each city they go to. Not sure what atmosphere is like in Wembley these days for England games but sometimes think that playing in different stadiums around the country to more passionate fans would give the England players more of a boost. Gives more people a chance to see the national team as well.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Because its a friendly, isnt that the idea of friendlies to give other players the experience on the big stage and see how they perform.
    Most of this lot played in the World Cup. It’s not like they have not played much football on the big stage. He should have put in a few of the youngsters that are coming through.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    jondon76 said:

jondon76 said:

Pickford
    Trippier/Walker
    Gomez
    Stones
    Maguire
    Rose/Shaw
    Henderson
    Ali
    Lingard
    Rashford.

Rose hasn't been a regular this season, Henderson hasn't been a regular this season, Rashford is in and out of the man Utd team.
    Rose has been injured
    Henderson has played every game even if it is as in impact sub.
    Rashford has been in and out as you say.

So not including Rose because he was injured.

Henderson and Rashford are not 1st team regulars.

So 2 out of 11, how is that half the squad
  • Options

Spain 5-0

Great atmosphere at the game as well in Elche, watching it on TV. Spain always move around the country to play their national games and it is a big event in each city they go to. Not sure what atmosphere is like in Wembley these days for England games but sometimes think that playing in different stadiums around the country to more passionate fans would give the England players more of a boost. Gives more people a chance to see the national team as well.
    Thats why its at Leicester today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spain 5-0

Thats why its at Leicester today
    Be good if they did it in qualifiers as well though.
  • Options
    Rose played really well yesterday. Maguire was good again and RLC and TAA had fair games. After that I’m struggling.
  • Options
    Early days under Enrique, but Spain look like they could be getting back to the levels of 2008-2012.

Croatia's heaviest ever defeat last night.
  • Options

Early days under Enrique, but Spain look like they could be getting back to the levels of 2008-2012.

Crazy as they had Modric | Rakitic | Vida | Perisic etc. all playing last night

Only player I seem to remember retiring from International Football was Mandzukic
  • Options

Crazy as they had Modric | Rakitic | Vida | Perisic etc. all playing last night

Only player I seem to remember retiring from International Football was Mandzukic
    Must've been because the world's best defender Lovren was missing.
  • Options
    doesn't make our slender loss look as bad and goes to show what difference a couple of months can make, probably the best scenario for us, croatia wont be amazing behind closed doors as wont have any fans so will be a strange game to watch, spain away i think we can write off then leaves us with something to get against the croatians in november at wembley to avoid relegation which would see us get a top seed in euro 2020 qualifying.
  • Options

doesn't make our slender loss look as bad and goes to show what difference a couple of months can make, probably the best scenario for us, croatia wont be amazing behind closed doors as wont have any fans so will be a strange game to watch, spain away i think we can write off then leaves us with something to get against the croatians in november at wembley to avoid relegation which would see us get a top seed in euro 2020 qualifying.

I would believe with 12-teams in League A and 10-Groups for Euro 2020 Qualifying that the only way we wont be a top seed is if we're one of the two worst relegated sides - Seeing that Iceland have -9 GD I imagine one will be them whilst I wont be surprised if Holland are the other seeing they've had the joy of having France and Germany in their Group
  • Options

I would believe with 12-teams in League A and 10-Groups for Euro 2020 Qualifying that the only way we wont be a top seed is if we're one of the two worst relegated sides - Seeing that Iceland have -9 GD I imagine one will be them whilst I wont be surprised if Holland are the other seeing they've had the joy of having France and Germany in their Group
    you clearly understand it more than me ha!
  • Options

Also given that Croatia got a humping last night and have a terrible goal difference, i'd expect that if we can beat them at Wembley (or draw home and away to them) then we won't finish bottom of our own group