Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options

France equalise.

Gibraltar score 2 in 5 minutes and lead Liechtenstein 2-1, could be on for their second win in a week!

They do win. How soon before they overtake Scotland in the FIFA rankings :smiley:
  • Options
    If Holland get a draw v France then Germany will almost certainly be relegated. They'll have to beat the Dutch by 3 or more in the last match.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ukraine have sealed promotion from League B into League A for the 2020-21 edition.

Iceland are going the other way and will play in League B.

There are three other relegations/promotions to decide between Leagues A and B.
  • Options

Must say i was quite sceptical of this when it was first announced but when you see sides like Gibraltar playing competitive games and winning it makes it worthwhile. They're not going to learn anything or improve by putting 11 men behind the ball and getting humped 7-0 by France or Germany.

Gibraltar's next game is against Macedonia who beat them 2-0 in the first game... If they can win that 3-0 (sadly dont see it happening) and beat Armenia they'll top the Group and be in the Play-Offs for the Euros
  • Options
    Providing Spain don't win tonight, a win vs Croatia on Sunday will see England make the Finals tournament in June
  • Options

Providing Spain don't win tonight, a win vs Croatia on Sunday will see England make the Finals tournament in June

A Dutch win over France tomorrow would see Germany relegated whilst a draw tomorrow would pretty much see the same anyway as they'd need to beat the Netherlands about 4-0 to survive
  • Options

Alternatively......if Spain don't win tonight, then a Croatia win on Sunday will see us relegated.
  • Options
    Croatia 2-1 Spain, good chance to win this group now for us
  • Options

Croatia 2-1 Spain, good chance to win this group now for us

Croatia will be thinking the same though if they can beat us - First thing UEFA have gotten right in a bloody long time with this Tournament
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2 there now... You tell me this dont matter when you look at Sergio Ramos when he scores that penalty
  • Options
    3-2 to Croatia in the 90th minute

FT 3-2
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The winner of England v Croatia will win the group and progress to next summer’s Nations League finals.

The loser would be relegated.

If the match ends a draw, Spain win the group and Croatia are relegated. England would remain in League A for the next edition.

Correction: England finish 2nd only with a 0-0 draw. A score draw would see England relegated on away goals. Thanks @stackitsteve
  • Options

The winner of England v Croatia will win the group and progress to next summer’s Nations League finals.

If the match ends a draw, Spain win the group and Croatia are relegated. England would remain in League A for the next edition.

Now THAT should be a good game to watch on Sunday - not that tonights game was boring
  • Options

Would England not be relegated if it’s a score draw?
    Head to head first tiebreaker, away goals would put Croatia above us after 0-0 in first game
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    As the other groups stand, the other three finalists are likely to be France, Belgium and Portugal.

England/Spain/Croatia would enter a draw on December 3rd alongside the three other group winners to determine who faces who in the semi final round.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Would England not be relegated if it’s a score draw?
    Head to head first tiebreaker, away goals would put Croatia above us after 0-0 in first game
    I assumed that the first tie breaker was goal difference!

Yes you are correct, a score draw relegates England.
  • Options
    Is the final mini tournament in Portugal or did I just imagine it?
  • Options
    England win - win the group
    England lose - relegated
    0-0 draw - stay put
    Score draw - relegated

Big game Sunday.
    Last time we played them was World Cup Semi.

Can’t be often you’d play two important games against the same team in such a short space of time (excluding 2 leg playoffs etc)
  • Options

Is the final mini tournament in Portugal or did I just imagine it?

Most likely yes, it’ll be hosted by the winner of that group so either Portugal or Italy. At the moment Portugal are in the driver’s seat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iceland are relegated by the small matter of at least 6 points! Lost all 4 matches, scored 1 goal conceded 13
  • Options

Big game Sunday.
    Last time we played them was World Cup Semi.

We played Croatia last month didn’t we?
    Yeah, I meant our last big game with something on the line.
    Didn’t word my post very well.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Our last big game was also against Croatia.

I meant something like that. It makes sense in my head anyway
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Some turnaround in our group. Spain have completely messed it up after winning their first 2 games, and Croatia can now win the group and qualify for the finals despite not scoring in their first 2 games and having (currently) a -5 goal difference!!

Also pretty harsh that we could be relegated despite only losing 1 of our 4 games and beating Spain away!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Today in League A...

-If Netherlands can squeeze a point against France, Germany will be all but relegated (unless the Germans beat Netherlands by four goals in the next match).
    -France will win the group and progress to the finals with a win or a draw.

Today in League B...

Ukraine and Bosnia are already promoted to League A.
    Northern Ireland are already relegated to League C.

Wales can join the promotion party with a win over Denmark today. A point for Denmark today relegates Ireland to League C.
  • Options

Today in League A...

-If Netherlands can squeeze a point against France, Germany will be all but relegated (unless the Germans beat Netherlands by four goals in the next match).

Today in League B...

Wales can join the promotion party with a win over Denmark today. A point for Denmark today relegates Ireland to League C.

Bosnia and Ukraine are such weird sides. Too good for group B but will get comfortably beat by any A side.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Today in League A...

Today in League B...

Bosnia and Ukraine are such weird sides. Too good for group B but will get comfortably beat by any A side.
    I dont think there are any teams in Group B that could realistically hold their own against the majority of Group A teams
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Today in League A...

Today in League B...

I dont think there are any teams in Group B that could realistically hold their own against the majority of Group A teams
    You can put Iceland and Poland from League A in the same bracket too
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Today in League A...

Today in League B...

You can put Iceland and Poland from League A in the same bracket too
    Yeah I think we'll see a lot of sides yo-yoing between the top leagues although wouldnt be surprised to see some (Iceland maybe being one) who'll also flirt with Group C too