Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options
    Sweden win 1-0 away in Turkey which relegates the Turks to the C league.

Also sets up a big game in midweek where if Sweden beat Russia then Sweden will be promoted to the A league.
  • Options
    Scotland beating Albania 3-0 away, 59 mins gone.

Albania might be the most indisciplined team I’ve ever seen.
  • Options
    So after the playoffs etc does this go on hold for another two years during world cup qualifying and then start up again alongside the next Euros qualifying?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So after the playoffs etc does this go on hold for another two years during world cup qualifying and then start up again alongside the next Euros qualifying?

Nope; next Nations League will be between Euro 2020 and Qualification for the World Cup so will be in the 2020/21 season
  • Options
    Also noticed that if England avoid defeat against Croatia then we'll be one of the seeded Nations for Euro 2020 Qualifying

If we lose to Croatia with Poland and Germany winning their respective games then we wont be seeded
  • Options
    I hope we ain’t. Give us a big, meaningful qualifier for once. Last time must have been Germany in 2000/2001 inc the 1-5.

You could argue Croatia under Mclaren maybe.
  • Options

I hope we ain’t. Give us a big, meaningful qualifier for once. Last time must have been Germany in 2000/2001 inc the 1-5.

Not sure there will be such a thing now given the increased number of sides at the Euro's which means the top 2 sides qualify.
  • Options

Not sure there will be such a thing now given the increased number of sides at the Euro's which means the top 2 sides qualify.
    Being unseeded could certainly damage our attempt to reach Euro 2020 though as finishing bottom will mean we might not even get a Play-Off spot should the worst happen

i.e. We'll be in a Group with one of the big teams (probably Croatia knowing our luck) whilst the third hardest team will likely come from Group B of the Nations League so worst case scenario we could end up with Germany and Wales in the same group rather than having a typically easy route to the Finals - Which I might add only looks easy because we make it easy whereas the likes of Wales | Ireland | Scotland piss about in ties that arent much harder... i.e. Wales came third behind Serbia and Ireland, am sorry but if that was our Group we'd waltz through it!!

I know it shouldn't matter who we get in Qualifying (i.e. if we're good enough it shouldnt matter who the opposition is) but I'd rather the boring ties in Qualifying with the good games in the Euros

Else if half the big teams failed to make it to the Euros; we'd have two weeks of god awful ties
  • Options
    England win 2-1.

England win their group and will advance to the finals next summer.

Croatia are relegated to League B.
  • Options

England win 2-1.

England win their group and will advance to the finals next summer.

Croatia are relegated to League B.

Awwwww
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy that we win the group yet were a goal away from being relegated.
  • Options
    Next summer will be

Portugal
    England
    Netherlands/France
    Belgium/Switzerland
  • Options
    Time to get revenge on Belgium now me thinks with England v France as a repeat of the World Cup Final that should have been
  • Options

Next summer will be

Portugal
    England
    Netherlands/France
    Belgium/Switzerland

If it's Holland and Switzerland then we could go and win it. France and Belgium are still a level above us in my opinion.
  • Options
    That Netherlands/France combo team should win it. So many great players.
  • Options

Next summer will be

Portugal
    England
    Netherlands/France
    Belgium/Switzerland

If it's Holland and Switzerland then we could go and win it. France and Belgium are still a level above us in my opinion.
    Agreed but I think the one thing most improved about England since the World Cup is Southgate himself... think we've the players who can certainly match Belgium (maybe not France)
  • Options

Next summer will be

Portugal
    England
    Netherlands/France
    Belgium/Switzerland

Switzerland unlikely to make it. They need to beat Belgium 1-0 at home or by two or more goals. (Belgium won the first match between them 2-1).
  • Options
    Switzerland Belgium kick off is at 7:45 later today.
  • Options
    Whats even better is how pissed off the Premier League Managers will now be...

England currently have this scheduled for June so guess there will have to be some alterations:

5th or 6th June = Nations League Semi-Finals
    9th June = Nations League Final or 3rd Place Play-Off

7th or 8th June = Euro 2020 Qualifying
    10th or 11th June = Euro 2020 Qualifying
  • Options
    Holland took the piss out of France in the week. If they can do it then so can we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018

England currently have this scheduled for June so guess there will have to be some alterations:

The Nations League finalists will be placed in five team Euro 2020 qualifying groups and won’t have to play qualifiers in June.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

The Nations League finalists will be placed in five team Euro 2020 qualifying groups and won’t have to play qualifiers in June.
    Oh thats a shame yet cheers... Was struggling to see how that was going to work
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46250774

Porto's Estadio do Dragao and the Estadio D. Afonso Henriques in Guimaraes are the proposed venues.

The details are set to be confirmed by Uefa on Monday, 3 December - the finals draw will also take place that day.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Belgium already 1-0 up.

Switzerland need to score two to win the group now.
  • Options
    Switzerland back to 2-2 from being 2-0 down
  • Options
    Switzerland still need two more goals. 3-2 wouldn’t be enough for them to win the group ahead of Belgium.
  • Options
    3-2 to Switzerland before half time
  • Options
    Switzerland win their group and join England and Portugal in the semi finals next summer.