Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievable scenes! Loving this competition...

85 minutes, 2-0...

91 minutes, 2-2...

Netherlands have pulled it out late against the odds.
  • Options
    Final four:

Portugal, England, Switzerland, Netherlands
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Final four:

Portugal, England, Switzerland, Netherlands

We probably have the best side out of those 4
    Portugal have home advantage and Ronaldo
    Holland are in ridiculous form
    Switzerland will be the weakest but doing Belgium 5-2 is scary.
  • Options
    WTF!!!
  • Options
    Germany in disarray, players arguing among each other at the final whistle.

Thomas Muller is giving Marco Reus a right ticking out, hands flapping all over the place, saliva spraying from his mouth.
  • Options
    It’s coming home :wink:
  • Options
    Some unbelievable late drama in the Nations League over the last 2 days, I'd given up on the Netherlands match as I couldn't see them coming back!
  • Options
    Best chance of winning a tournament in ages
  • Options
    England can win this. It's wide open though, don't think there is anything between us Holland and Portugal. I take the point that home advantage and Holland's recent form are big things, but we have recent big tournament semi final experience in our team that the other teams don't have. It's going to be exciting whatever happens though glad we have a place at the top table. Plus already this current team has more accomplishments than the so called golden generation.
  • Options
    Could genuinely make a case for all four teams winning, hopefully makes for some exciting games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

England can win this. It's wide open though, don't think there is anything between us Holland and Portugal. I take the point that home advantage and Holland's recent form are big things, but we have recent big tournament semi final experience in our team that the other teams don't have. It's going to be exciting whatever happens though glad we have a place at the top table. Plus already this current team has more accomplishments than the so called golden generation.

I'd say that Portugal's is pretty damn recent.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    All relegations (with the exception of one third placed team in League C) confirmed as well as the four finalists next summer.

Four more promotions still to sort out tomorrow night.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    League B: Sweden v Russia

Sweden win = Sweden promoted
    Draw or Russia win = Russia promoted

League C: Scotland v Israel

Scotland win = Scotland promoted
    Draw or Israel win = Israel promoted

League C: Serbia v Lithuania, Romania v Montenegro

Serbia win = Serbia promoted
    Serbia draw or lose and Romania win = Romania promoted
    Romania draw or lose = Serbia promoted

League D : Kosovo v Azerbaijan

Kosovo win or draw = Kosovo promoted
    Azerbaijan win = Azerbaijan promoted
  • Options
    For completeness, the third placed team likely to be relegated from League C are Cyprus.

That is unless Montenegro lose 2-0 or by three or more (3-0, 4-1, 5-2...) against Romania.

If it ends 3-1 to Romania, Montenegro and Cyprus would be split by disciplinary records.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Now that's poor defending and unexpected from Germany. Look at all the space given to the 3 dutch players!!!
    And still plenty of space for two players, when he shoots.
  • Options

Pretty sure in 2020 more of our world cup 2018 squad will be around than the already aging in 2016 portugal squad but ok fair point..
  • Options

Pretty sure in 2020 more of our world cup 2018 squad will be around than the already aging in 2016 portugal squad but ok fair point..
    Apart from the fact that the Nations League finals are in the summer of 2019, not 2020... I agree with you. :-)
  • Options
    Wow, had given up on the Germany game and gone to bed. Amazing comeback by the Dutch and to top a group with France and Germany in, is probably the most impressive record of the 4 finalists.

Germany now have just 3 wins in 15 games!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s like Le Tournoi all over again.

Oh those were the days.
  • Options

Wow, had given up on the Germany game and gone to bed. Amazing comeback by the Dutch and to top a group with France and Germany in, is probably the most impressive record of the 4 finalists.

Germany now have just 3 wins in 15 games!

They looked pretty good for 80 minutes.
  • Options
    Just seen Van Dijk's goal, great finish, he buried it like a centre forward.
  • Options
    He was just playing upfront as they chased a game they were never in before they pulled one back. I think you have to question the German defence given that fact. Good finish though,
  • Options
    Wonder how long Low has now

Surprised he's not been sacked already with their record this year... Wonder who would replace him if he did go though
  • Options
    It was a nothing game for the Germans, but for 80 minutes they looked a different level. I think that will buy him some time.
  • Options

Wonder how long Low has now

Surprised he's not been sacked already with their record this year... Wonder who would replace him if he did go though

Him and Merkel are hanging on...
  • Options

Amusing that their goal came from sending a big centre back forward, sometimes the old methods when you're desperate still work!
  • Options
    Every team should have a desperation plan C or D. It won't take a lot of planning, but a good idea that the whole team knows what the plan is when desperation is the order of the day!
  • Options

Best CB in the world by a distance for me