Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid answers on Quiz shows

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Not quite the same but good old Bob Monkhouse on one of his game shows -

BM - "How many bones in the human body?"
    Contestant - Takes a guess
    BM - "It's 206. I've got 306, but I had kippers for breakfast"

Was telling my Mrs that on the phone this morninng and we both pissed ourselves for about 5 minutes
    Bob Monkhouse was a hugely underappreciated talent. 
    Kind of a shame that he’s mainly remembered for being a game show host, because he was an exceptional stand up. And a good, if rather odd, person too, apparently.
    Yeah I've heard many that many times
  • Options
    I watched an episode of "I literally just told you" hosted by Jimmy Carr over Christmas and it was hilarious. Some the answers being spouted! Jimmy could barely keep it together.

Generally I find that geography or history questions in quizzes seem to be the most tricky for people. The lack of knowledge in these subjects amazes me, which has just reminded me of a conversation a friend of my wife's had with her a few years back.
    The friend said to her "Oh, you looking forward to your trip to Spain next week?"
    She said "No, we're not going to Spain, we're going to Malaga".....
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Not quite the same but good old Bob Monkhouse on one of his game shows -

BM - "How many bones in the human body?"
    Contestant - Takes a guess
    BM - "It's 206. I've got 306, but I had kippers for breakfast"

Was telling my Mrs that on the phone this morninng and we both pissed ourselves for about 5 minutes
    Bob Monkhouse was a hugely underappreciated talent. 
    Kind of a shame that he’s mainly remembered for being a game show host, because he was an exceptional stand up. And a good, if rather odd, person too, apparently.
    We saw him in stand-up on holiday in Jersey, was unbelievably funny.
  • Options
    Bob Monkhouse was the king.
  • Options
    On family favourites a few years ago :smile:

Q, Name an English speaking country.

A, Holland.

On who wants to be a millionaire , again a few years ago 2nd question in.

Q, Who is the primate of all England ?

A, A chimpanzee   
    I’ve only ever met one person in Holland who didn’t speak English. That’s better than I’d expect in the US or U.K.  
  • Options
    I watched an episode of "I literally just told you" hosted by Jimmy Carr over Christmas and it was hilarious. Some the answers being spouted! Jimmy could barely keep it together.

Generally I find that geography or history questions in quizzes seem to be the most tricky for people. The lack of knowledge in these subjects amazes me, which has just reminded me of a conversation a friend of my wife's had with her a few years back.
    The friend said to her "Oh, you looking forward to your trip to Spain next week?"
    She said "No, we're not going to Spain, we're going to Malaga".....
    If you’re talking about episode two, with the Freddie Starr question and where Richard Bacon is in it, you’re right it was almost beyond belief and was fantastically funny. It did demonstrate how the show is more entertaining when the contestants are idiots. Hilarious episode but it surely can’t live up to it again.
  • Options
    Pointless yesterday and the category was all answers start with a “U” and have at least one other “U” in the answer.
    clue was 1989 film starring John Candy and Macaulay Culkin.
    answer given : home alone.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The Chase, yesterday:

'The Norfolk coast is a famous breeding ground for what?:

A Seals
    B Whales
    C Sharks

They answered C!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonight on The Weakest Link
    Q. What is 29 minus 26?
    A. (after a long pause) 4
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Weakest Link 
    Q "What is the motor racing circuit in Northamptonshire called?"
    A  Kelli (Eternal?)  "Formula One"...

• Options
    Tipping Point tonight:

Ben Shepard: What decade was Elvis Presley’s first number one.

Female contestant: 19th

Ben Shepard: What Argentinian city holds the annual samba festival.

Male contestant: Spain

😂
  • Options
    Radio quiz. Q: How many girls are there in Girls Aloud? A: Huh, I think I know this. Is it a trick question? Is it none?
    On the radio when I was driving.... Q: how many girls in the band Girls Aloud A: is it a trick question? Is it none? I had a brief moment where my steering went awry
    U told us this 3 years ago
    Must of been the blow on the head 
  • Options
    Saw a clip on FB of the American version of Family Feud:

Host: We asked 100 people: If you had to sell of a state to raise money which is the one you would sell?
    Contestant: Las Vegas!

Actually, this show provides hundreds of clips of stupid answers on YouTube!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
    You’ve never heard of The Iliad mate?
    Oooo get you, very cultural! Have you ever thought of going on a quiz show;)
  • Options
    Tipping point…. NewZealand has the north and South Island on which is Wellington the capital located.  Answer. Canbera 
    Canberra is the correct spelling. You are the weakest link - the home jazz studio is not yours
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
    Wrote the Odyssey and the Iliad. The two biggest classics of literature from Ancient Greece.

Anything you’ve seen involving Greek mythology, gods and adventures like Clash of the Titans, Troy, Jason and the Argonauts, O Brother Where art thou or even Percy Jackson are all heavily influenced by these epic poems.
    Iliad is basically a story about the Trojan wars. Odyssey is about a man trying to find his way home (from that war) getting into scrapes and meeting all sorts of monsters, gods and rum characters on his way.

Homer wasn’t the only epic poet of Ancient Greece, and he didn’t write all of the best stories, but he’s the biggest reason we still know about Greek mythology.
    Ever thought of going on a quiz show?;)
  • Options
    To be honest, I would have given exactly the same answers as all the contestants:(
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Ridiculous everyone knows Jet2 wasn't around in the 80s.

Makes you wonder why stupid people go on quiz shows, perhaps its because they are stupid.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Pretty certain I've posted this before, but nothing will ever beat Family Fortunes...

Q. Name a type of ache.
    A. Filet of fish.

Thank god for you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiH6YFtGq0
  • Options
    Not a quiz show, but my God.   

Newsreader Nick: How many children did Queen Victoria have?

Traffic girl Chelsea: 
    Victoria? Was that the one that just died?

Newsreader Nick: 
    Nooooo.

Traffic girl Chelsea: 
    Was it her mother?

BBC Radio Sheffield: Toby Foster at Breakfast