Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid answers on Quiz shows

Comments

• Options
    Nope, and not a clue how that is even pronounced!
  • Options
    Euripides trousers, you mend-a dese trousers. 
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
    You’ve never heard of The Iliad mate?
    The Odyssey is possible more famous, what with the cyclops, and all those other trials Odysseus had to get through.
  • Options
    You surprise me AFKA, I do not know your age but guessing under 40, not to have heard of either
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    That's a fail.  You've got to do it as:

Euripides trousers, Eumenides trousers

or possibly

You rip a dese, you men'a dese

but you can't mix the two.
  • Options

Bloke said doughnuts.
    Much has been made of this on social media but I’ll happily put my hands up and say I’ve never heard of  an Ancient Greek  poet called Homer 
    Wrote the Odyssey and the Iliad. The two biggest classics of literature from Ancient Greece.

Anything you’ve seen involving Greek mythology, gods and adventures like Clash of the Titans, Troy, Jason and the Argonauts or even Percy Jackson are all heavily influenced by these epic poems.
    Iliad is basically a story about the Trojan wars. Odyssey is about a man trying to find his way home (from that war) getting into scrapes and meeting all sorts of monsters, gods and rum characters on his way.

Homer wasn’t the only epic poet of Ancient Greece, and he didn’t write all of the best stories, but he’s the biggest reason we still know about Greek mythology.

But surely the donut wasn't invented back in ancient Greek times.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

or possibly

I took it from this original, ancient text... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2xBFUB1rbI 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    You surprise me AFKA, I do not know your age but guessing under 40, not to have heard of either
    Yes, it must be that :-)

Seriously, never heard of Odyssey or IIiad (how is that pronounced). Just googled Homer. Can quite honestly say ‘it’s all Greek to me’ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

or possibly

I took it from this original, ancient text... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2xBFUB1rbI 
    It's even older than that, but it's not spelt out, is it?  All I'm saying is, if you write it, you have to keep the same style in both names.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Seriously, never heard of Odyssey or IIiad (how is that pronounced). Just googled Homer. Can quite honestly say ‘it’s all Greek to me’ 
    Eureka!

You donta smell so good yourself
  • Options
    ross1 said:

• Options
    I will give you 10 out of 10 for owning up AFKA to not knowing about this, and I bet there are others like you who have never heard of Homer or Iliad and afraid to own up
  • Options
    Man City play at the Iliad...

We need a new thread ... Facts that sound true, but which (probably) aren't.
  • Options
    Anyway  moles.  It's Labour.
  • Options
    I thought the answer was going to be Duff…😣
  • Options
    ross1 said:

You’re not alone...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

You’re not alone...
    Same. Doughnuts would have been my answer as well (and I’m over 40).
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Had to watch that between my fingers bloody hell
  • Options
    Boom said:
    ross1 said:

You’re not alone...
    Same. Doughnuts would have been my answer as well (and I’m over 40).
    yep - same here, I couldn't work out why Ben was laughing !!
  • Options
    How embarrassing is that! Doughnuts has nothing on this. 
  • Options
    Ha ha. Cracked me up 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Thought it was the Dam tbh. Well, the last time I was there, everyone was walking round saying "Peace" ✌ anyway....