Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid answers on Quiz shows

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Not a quiz show, I know, but Rebekah Vardy did well in court....

Mr Sherborne, referring to a mobile phone, said on Thursday it was a “shame” that messages between journalists – who had allegedly been leaked stories – and Ms Watt were “lying at the bottom of the sea in Davy Jones’ locker”.

Ms Vardy replied: “Who is Davy Jones?”

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

BBC RADIO MERSEYSIDE

• DJ: "What was Hitler's first name?"
    • Contestant: "Heil.

Years ago, I occasionally worked with a Scouse guy who used to love telling stories about a programme called Hold Your Plums on Radio Merseyside. The format of the show was that if someone got a question wrong, they'd keep them on and keep giving them hints and clues until the answer was finally uncovered. The genius of this format was that clever people didn't get much airtime, whilst the thickos were on for ages.

The Hitler question I heard about was that someone was trying to guess his his name and incredibly didn't know it even when they'd been gifted clues for Adolf Hit... For what really should have been the last clue to finish off, they were told that "the second syllable in his surname sounds a bit like a place where a bear lives". Their answer? Den. That's right, the well known Nazi leader, Adolf Hitden. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:

BBC RADIO MERSEYSIDE

Years ago, I occasionally worked with a Scouse guy who used to love telling stories about a programme called Hold Your Plums on Radio Merseyside. The format of the show was that if someone got a question wrong, they'd keep them on and keep giving them hints and clues until the answer was finally uncovered. The genius of this format was that clever people didn't get much airtime, whilst the thickos were on for ages.

The Hitler question I heard about was that someone was trying to guess his his name and incredibly didn't know it even when they'd been gifted clues for Adolf Hit... For what really should have been the last clue to finish off, they were told that "the second syllable in his surname sounds a bit like a place where a bear lives". Their answer? Den. That's right, the well known Nazi leader, Adolf Hitden. 
    Sorry, but I genuinely don’t know the answer to where does a bear live and I know it must rhyme with LER 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:

BBC RADIO MERSEYSIDE

Sorry, but I genuinely don’t know the answer to where does a bear live and I know it must rhyme with LER 
    I don’t think he meant rhyme. Does he not mean lair - sounds like ler?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:

BBC RADIO MERSEYSIDE

Now say it in a Scouse accent!

Thanks for this BTW, I remember hearing this show on local radio when I was up in Liverpool for a wedding. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Some old lady was asked to name a country in Europe where they drove on the left. Had her leaning out the window to look at the cars (apparently she lived on a one way street!). Funniest thing I'd heard in ages... Will try to find 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:

BBC RADIO MERSEYSIDE

Doh. Of course those crazy scouse accents….  

I even said bears live in lairs but that don’t bloody rhyme. 
  • Options
    I must be thick, I didn’t realise that bears “home” was called a lair! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:

Steve Wright (Radio 2): Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which jungle swinging character clad in a loin cloth did he play?

Contestant: Jesus?

This has really tickled me 
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

Steve Wright (Radio 2): Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which jungle swinging character clad in a loin cloth did he play?

Contestant: Jesus?

This has really tickled me 
    No, that was Ken Dodd 
  • Options
    I was crying earlier reading this thread. Absolutely hilarious!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Daryl Denham (Virgin Radio):
    What is the name of Les Dennis's estranged wife.

Contestant: Margaret Thatcher

Denham: Are you quite sure?

Contestant: That's the one.

Anne Robinson: What was the name of the prison island which closed when the last convicts were transferred in 1963?

Contestant: Australia.
  • Options
    Pointless last night, man and a woman police officers.

Round is about names of RAF aircraft. They give the first letter and number of letters.

Question: sparkling light in sky also known as a shooting star, first letter M, six letters.

Policewoman's answer was Comet.

Goes down the line and back again.

Question: Roman equivalent of Greek God Heracles, first letter H, eight letters.

Policeman's answer was Hermes.

• Options
    Daryl Denham (Virgin Radio):
    What is the name of Les Dennis's estranged wife.

Contestant: Margaret Thatcher

Denham: Are you quite sure?

Contestant: That's the one.

Anne Robinson: What was the name of the prison island which closed when the last convicts were transferred in 1963?

Contestant: Australia.