Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Rumours 2015 official (according to Paulie the Power) thread

Comments

• Options
    think I can agree with the last comment. I like the people we've brought in. Guy will probably look to bring in one more but who knows. Think we have brought in enough to turn the season around to a point where we can all be happy
  • Options

I think we have enough now, maybe one other player but signing 5 players is quite good and if watt, lepointe and the spurs defender do well then we could still maybe get play offs. I know this isn't a rumour but I feel like this place is a dumping ground f negativity, we weren't fluking our high league position, we were just fatigued. I can't believe people are talking about relegation.

It is good to be positive but the facts are we have won six games all season. We have won three games since September and we have not scored in the last four games. If we carry on going the same way we have a very real chance of getting relegated.

• Options
    Need another striker and CB IMO
  • Options
    We definitely need to bring in at least one striker, if not two with George going.
  • Options
    Relegation is unlikely but most definitely not a total impossibility. That said, Velcro, Watt and Lepoint are all good signings, we haven't lost anyone yet, and we can be relatively hopeful of more to come based on Luzon's own comments. A couple more of Lepoint's level and I will be happy - probably won't have heard of them before but solid, experienced and not going to upset the apple cart.
  • Options
    We are a strong as an Ox CF and pacey winger (who can cross the ball!) away from being a top 10 side IMO. Unfortunately I don't see us landing both.
  • Options
    For those looking for additional Belgians joining ... Belgian side Lierse (bound for relegation) announced a major sell-out today, also for it's best (expensive) players. I wonder if RD will snatch one up for a bargain price ...
  • Options
    Not a rumour but this bloke looks interesting. Gary Martin.
    Came through Boro ranks, loaned to Upjest for 2 games.
    Currently playing in Iceland. 30 goals in 54 appearances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be a very decent signing that
  • Options

@TFS_Wigan: Sources: Jamie Paterson made available for 1.5mil, #wafc #cafc #afcb are teams known to have made formal bids. #nffc http://t.co/SZbOMBIEOJ

Shame it involves two promotion contenders as well though...
  • Options

@TFS_Wigan: Sources: Jamie Paterson made available for 1.5mil, #wafc #cafc #afcb are teams known to have made formal bids. #nffc http://t.co/SZbOMBIEOJ

If we could pull this one out of the bag I'd be very happy. Can't see it though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Who? Only promotion contenders In there are Bournemouth
  • Options

Who? Only promotion contenders I. The are Bournemouth
    WAFC = Watford = Play-Off team
    Lol Watford aren't wafc. Wafc are Wigan - relegation candidates.
  • Options

Not a rumour but this bloke looks interesting. Gary Martin.
    Came through Boro ranks, loaned to Upjest for 2 games.
    Currently playing in Iceland. 30 goals in 54 appearances.

Sign him all the time on Football Manager when I'm playing as a League 1/2 team

Smashes them in
  • Options
    one more striker and i'll be happy with the squad, big lump target man - not necessarily to bang goals in, more to assist those we already have to do that, between Igor and Watt I reckon we've got enough
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I think we have enough now, maybe one other player but signing 5 players is quite good and if watt, lepointe and the spurs defender do well then we could still maybe get play offs. I know this isn't a rumour but I feel like this place is a dumping ground f negativity, we weren't fluking our high league position, we were just fatigued. I can't believe people are talking about relegation.

I admire your rampant optimism but we've scored 4 league goals since Nov 8th, nearly 3 months. We need to sign at least 1 more attacking player to improve that, preferably the big CF that we've been crying our for since Yann left.

Signings so far have been alright, mostly unproven but promising. Not yet there tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

I admire your rampant optimism but we've scored 4 goals since Nov 8th, nearly 3 months. We need to sign at least 1 more attacking player to improve that, preferably the big CF that we've been crying our for since Yann left.

Signings so far have been alright, mostly unproven but promising. Not yet there tho.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Todays the day boys and girls and Colin.

I can feel it in my bones.
  • Options
    I really can't see us bringing in a striker. Very quiet on that front. But hope to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    In paper today it says we are after Grant Ward Spurs defender, doesn't say if it's a loan or not.
  • Options
    Ward is a midfielder, I think.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    dickplumb said:

Iv'e never heard of him personally, but that's from the sun, so must be true.
    edit just looked on his Wiki page it says midfielder, also comes from Lewisham.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Iv'e never heard of him personally, but that's from the sun, so must be true.

Isn't he or wasn't he on loan to an MLS team?
  • Options
    Born in Lewisham, Grant joined our Aademy in July, 2011. Initially a winger, he developed his play to become an attacking left-back and can play across the midfield.
  • Options

Born in Lewisham, Grant joined our Aademy in July, 2011. Initially a winger, he developed his play to become an attacking left-back and can play across the midfield.

Yet another we missed out on - blame Phil Chapple