Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Rumours 2015 official (according to Paulie the Power) thread

Comments

• Options
    What will be, will be. Maybe it's just me but I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over the next few days. Life's too short.
  • Options

Watt is a striker aint he

Quite right, thank you. Forgot about Watt.,...nope still don't feel better.

Agree that a judgement can't be made until Tuesday but just don't understand the risk that the owner is taking.
    Maybe RD is trying like mad to bring players in but they just aren't interested and see Charlton as a sinking ship.

Depressing thought if true.
  • Options

A bit gutted about the Sporting Lisbon kid. He must be pretty decent if they want to keep him and play him.

It was only a cup game he played in so maybe it'll still happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

What will be, will be. Maybe it's just me but I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over the next few days. Life's too short.

Completely agree. I accept that there's a chance we'll go down again. Equally as NLA says things might click and we'll stay up. I'll continue to support the team but don't feel any affinity to the current regime at the moment. What will be will be as you say.

Stupidly still looking forward to seeing us at the weekend and will probably renew my season ticket if we go down.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    I have just watched Sharknado 2 (Tornado with sharks attacking everyone in the city). Duchatelet's transfer policy makes just about as much logical sense. At least on Sharknado 2, the makers are quite clear they are having a laugh.
  • Options
    Il be very disapointed if we got nobody in. Kinda feel like everything or nothing will happen tomorrow
  • Options
    Transfer deadline is on the 2nd or 3rd - I wouldn't worry
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Apparently we've had two offers for Plymouth's Curtis Nelson rejected. And the deal for Sarr is to be completed by Friday. thats the latest ive heard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201501&date=20150128&time=2215

Dr Kish on Lepoint plus League 2 sides interested in taking Kadell Daniel and Jack Munns on loan.
  • Options
    Kadell Daniel wanted by Mansfield and Jack Munns wanted by Cheltenham, both clubs struggling so a good education for both lads at First-Team level if possible
  • Options

Transfer deadline is on the 2nd or 3rd - I wouldn't worry

Monday 2nd Feb. 11 PM.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Moved to Lepoint thread.
  • Options
    We still only have 2 strikers (1 of whom is untested in Watt) that I have any faith in, and who are both fairly similar mold.

Yes yes, wait until the end of the window and all that, but the thought of us managing to spread maybe 10 goals out for the rest of the season is filling me with dread.
  • Options

#cafc could wrap up signing of Christophe Lepoint today. Still in talks over Naby Sarr too.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) January 29, 2015
  • Options
    We desperately need reinforcement in midfield, so I hope Lepoint signs. Every time a midfielder gets knackered we have to move our right back there. That can't be right.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

We desperately need reinforcement in midfield, so I hope Lepoint signs. Every time a midfielder gets knackered we have to move our right back there. That can't be right.

He's signed. Check the thread. :-)
  • Options
    Think the idea behind these signings is to play 7 defenders, 2 midfielders and a lonesome striker.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Think the idea behind these signings is to play 7 defenders, 2 midfielders and a lonesome striker.

Well, your all on your own in a strange country, banged up in some 2 star hotel in Bexleyheath...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where do the four Goalkeepers play?
  • Options
    Coventry City chief executive Steve Waggott says the club are trying to bring in a player who could make ‘a real difference’.

Speaking to the Coventry Observer, Waggott said: "We've been looking at a player who could make a real difference to the side and hopefully we can get the deal over the line. We're looking at bringing in a young player who is already knocking on the door for first team football - someone who is desperate to be given an opportunity and will bring lots of energy to the side.

"Ideally we'd like to bring in two or three new players. The problem that we've got is it is a difficult market to work in. Lots of other clubs are in the same position as us and are after the same thing.”
  • Options
    @stealingaliving - Raval Morrison agrees 4 year deal at Lazio
  • Options
    Given that all 5 January signings pass the height test, if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Someone on twitter saying another signing this afternoon.
  • Options

It's not @colin1961 or Bexley Boy is it by chance ?
  • Options

Someone trying to be funny and failing miserably.
  • Options
    True valleygary.