Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views - Ipswich vs Charlton - December 2014

Comments

• Options
    Paulie, check out the graph on the match thread, the points between us and sixth place and the points between us and a relegation spot. Then, after due consideration, give me one of those blinkered, rose tinted, massive heart over head comments about everyone apart from you being wrong about the way the season is going.

Cos I need cheering up right now.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Make no mistake, without significant player reinforcement in January, we're heading for a relegation battle.
  • Options
    We are in a rut and we need to get out of it sharpish or we will be in a relegation battle.

Now is where we see how serious RD is , come the transfer window.

• Options
    I am proud of myself in making a late decision to swerve it.

Sounded like we had some chances but we were shown up for what we are which is a bottom 8 side.

Desperately need players in Jan but just wonder whether the powers that be might think we have enough to survive so keep the cash till the summer?
  • Options

Duchatelet isn't going to spend proper money FACT!

A couple of short deals or freebies maybe but i think he'll be thinking there is no prospect of promotion this season, so why spend more money on the squad. Let them bump along till the end of the season and take stock again in the summer.

He better get used to sub 10k crowds then
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

24 goals scored last season @ 01/01/2014
    24 goals scored this season @ 01/0/2015

Hmmmm...

How many points at this time last year?
    Just the 7 more
  • Options
    4 points out the last 21 is concerning
  • Options

Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.

I agree the next two months will tell the story.

Think it is still a good idea to get a half way decent striker in january trades to see us down the home stretch.

RD might have to make a few sacrifices to make a good trade.
  • Options
    Piss poor
    Feel sorry 4 anyone who went
    I feel ur pain
  • Options

Duchatelet isn't going to spend proper money FACT!

A couple of short deals or freebies maybe but i think he'll be thinking there is no prospect of promotion this season, so why spend more money on the squad. Let them bump along till the end of the season and take stock again in the summer.

Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heading towards a relegation battle - still can't see who we can beat.
  • Options
    Disappointing and there will be the usual inquest, but an utterly predictable result given what has preceded it for both teams.
    In the long run, it's not losing away at Ipswich that will define our season. It's taking 4 points out of the last 15 available at home against the likes of Wednesday, Millwall, Blackpool and Cardiff. We need 20 points from here - on current form that is no certainty.
  • Options

Our chronic lack of goals will do us some serious damage this season. Games have been there for the taking. Don't think we are a million miles from the sides at the top but they have people that score and we don't

Pre season I was worried about where the goals were going to come from and my view is still the same 4 months into the season. With Igor looking unfit and off the boil he can barely trap a bag of cement at the moment we have no goals from anywhere else in the team and relying on wonder strikes like against Cardiff. We must have conceded the most goals from corners in the whole football league now, its becoming ridiculous. Need some quality asap before we really end up in a relegation fight. Feel for the fans that made the effort today.
  • Options

Let's see where we are after the next 10 games.

I agree the next two months will tell the story.

Think it is still a good idea to get a half way decent striker in january trades to see us down the home stretch.

RD might have to make a few sacrifices to make a good trade.
    I was just joking to be fair.
  • Options
    Typical big Mick set play bombardment and the pressure from corners finally told. We had our chances the best fell to George who failed to convert first half and apparently Igor had a reasonable one second half but it's water under the bridge now and in the end it could have been 4 or 5 when the heads went down after the 3rd goal.

No need to panic but you know what is required Rolly, so if you want to have a stress free second half of the season, get some reinforcements in apart from Mr Watt ASAP.
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

24 goals scored last season @ 01/01/2014
    24 goals scored this season @ 01/0/2015

Hmmmm...

How many points at this time last year?
    Just the 7 more
    Hmm well Bob can stop saying our points tally is a positive now....
  • Options
    Think we were just unlucky last couple of games before today.

We could have had at least 6 pts to the good going into today a couple of wins can turn things around.
  • Options
    Can people wait to see what actually happens in January before sticking the knife in.

This whole month it's felt that the squad were just waiting for reinforcements to come in, and i'm sure Bob is expecting some new faces in this window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We could have had at least 6 pts to the good going into today a couple of wins can turn things around.

I do love an optimist
  • Options
    No bollocks from charlton. Bob has no bollocks either. Boring as. Another 100+ quid down the drain watching that shit. Give him some money to sign some players or fuck him off roland.
  • Options

I do love an optimist
    Been following for 45 years you have to be.

Seen some great highs and bad lows this is no way near bad yet.
  • Options
    We was never going to get anything from this fixture. Did anyone really think we would?
  • Options

I'm more disappointed that Masicat was wrong.

• Options
    'kin ell. To think I nearly set off a day early from Cornwall to see this. This is the championship. This is Charlton. Mostly uninspired, mostly workmanlike, very English in that 'proud to plod' way.

Oh well. Flying to India for 20 days tomorrow 9pm. If I turn up on a match thread in that time remind me: I am a sad geek.
  • Options
    Can't defend set pieces and do not look like scoring.

No positives from that match today.

Hello relegation battle. Can't afford to lose to Brighton next up.