Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters Speaks Out

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Bubble said:

Interesting to note

"The Saturday after the game (Brighton) I went to the press and I had a missed call from the chairman, the chairman said 'the ball is not rolling for at this moment, we need to stay calm and focus on the next week - if Chris Solly hits the target it's 1-0, it's one set piece that cost us etc" BP

Maybe he is actually watching games streamed live

Well if he is, get some bonus points with the fans and give us the link. I'm in the market for one tomorrow. Come on Rolando, do what's right son
  • Options

Reading between the lines and if I am wrong then please highlight:

BP was sacked for crimes against the network by not using RD players well enough and the sacking was hidden under the excuse of the bad form we were in.

So basically the same as SCP.

Spot on.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

First things first we are reading the words of a sacked manager who feels he as been hard done by but we have already seen why he was sacked and it was not football reasons ....
    2nd Powell and Murray both said on a statement that RD did not tell Powell who to play or have any influence in team selection ... What he did ask is why certain players were on the bench when we were losing games which is a fair point ...
    Second if it was so bad why did Alex Dyer accept the role to stay as Riga assistant with Matthew after Powell went ?
    If working with RD is so bad why as Guy Luzon taking the job ????

Link to that statement?
  • Options

colin1961 said:

First things first we are reading the words of a sacked manager who feels he as been hard done by but we have already seen why he was sacked and it was not football reasons ....
    2nd Powell and Murray both said on a statement that RD did not tell Powell who to play or have any influence in team selection ... What he did ask is why certain players were on the bench when we were losing games which is a fair point ...
    Second if it was so bad why did Alex Dyer accept the role to stay as Riga assistant with Matthew after Powell went ?
    If working with RD is so bad why as Guy Luzon taking the job ????

Link to that statement?
    I'd be interested to read that statement also, because the highlighted part above is exactly what my thought process was about RD's interference at the time when i read Dyers story in the News Shopper. "We are losing games why are we not trying to change thing's with the new players i have given you?". If you were the owner and your team was not performing you would ask why things were not being changed to rectify it as well, rather than seeing your manager keep using tactics that are not working.

Ultimately though Powell was right in his view that the likes of Reza, Coq, PP, Nego, Thuram, etc were not good enough to change things around because when they were tried they failed. But you can certainly understand why an owner would ask that question. Again i am not a big supporter of the whole RD Network situation, but i don't think his methods are completely a dictatorship.

As for Peeters unless the Charlton board leaked lies about their being in house fighting to try and switch the blame for Peeters going onto him over them, i don't completely buy that there is no smoke without fire. Knowing historically what Ben Haim is like, being made the scapegoat by your manager in the press is going to cause rifts. The body language of the players over the last few months has been shocking and a majority of them didn't seem to care. Peeters was playing players out of position (Solly, Cousins, Bikey up front for final few minutes in games, Harriott up top with Vetokele) thats his choice not the owners. But we have done that for a few years even before RD turned up with playing players out of position when making one change would make a difference.

But i also am sure that Peeters probably did have his supporters within the team. There was just probably a big divide between the fors and againsts. I wish Peeters all the luck in the world in the future.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Bubble said:

Interesting to note

"The Saturday after the game (Brighton) I went to the press and I had a missed call from the chairman, the chairman said 'the ball is not rolling for at this moment, we need to stay calm and focus on the next week - if Chris Solly hits the target it's 1-0, it's one set piece that cost us etc" BP

Maybe he is actually watching games streamed live

Well if he is, get some bonus points with the fans and give us the link. I'm in the market for one tomorrow. Come on Rolando, do what's right son
    This is old news about him watching all the games KM said that in the statement when BP was sacked
    KM would never be dishonest......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I really wouldn't mind if roland dropped down dead tonight tbh. Yes I know its harsh but he's a tosser

i think this is shocking to be honest :(
    Ok I've deleted it as it seems to have upset some people but I stand by my comments though.
    Waste of a deletion then, the original comment which has been quoted subsequently sounds more Millwall than Charlton.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Fair play to Cawley for an excellent interview with Peeters. Worth the 50p for the 2 pages alone.

Indeed - and I doubt Cawley had to do much more than press 'record' on his iPhone.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Okay, just read the whole thread. Basically the club has been kidknapped, with no prospect of escape or rescue.

Ransom demand of £25m if you want to discuss it.
  • Options

Peeters is obviously a straight shooter and is telling it like it really is - working in PR myself these days this is pretty much as bad as it gets, this utterly undermines the credibility of RD, KM and even Luzon.

When a former manager goes public - remember that Powell mainly kept his own counsel - and says he is being told who to play and having sub-par players foisted on him then the club has a critical problem, not just operationally but in terms of PR.

Worst of all? Not even the best spinmeister can get us out of this.

Surely the reason Powell kept his counsel was to have a chance of managing again.

If it gets picked up outside the Charlton bubble, then I'd say Peeters would be the big loser from the fallout.

Anyway, on to Wolves. Oh Guy Luzon. He's got some hair but we dont care
  • Options
    How do people think RD is going to make any money unless we get to the Premier League? Investing in a Championship club without a war chest to pump-prime a promotion push has to either a) solely a labour of fanatic love of the club or b) a poor financial decision. There simply is not other way of looking at it. I don't see RD as man with passion for CAFC, nor do I doubt his business acumen.

So, I remain more than a little puzzled about the whole business plan and I think back to a couple of months ago when we were looking decent and sitting around the play-off zone. I think most of us felt that we were a couple of good players away from being able to cement a place in the zone or even better. What happened next? The owner was interviewed and basically warned us, the fans, that we were punching above our weight and, effectively, to lower our expectations somewhat. It was clear then that the money train is well and truly side-lined and that RD cannot se beyond this bizarre notion that (some day) we will produce a whole team of academy stars that are the equivalent of the Man Utd 'kids' that will storm us into the Prem.

Is that going to happen? No. On tha basis, can someone please tell me how RD is going to turn a profit from investing in Charlton?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    meldrew66 said:

How do people think RD is going to make any money unless we get to the Premier League? Investing in a Championship club without a war chest to pump-prime a promotion push has to either a) solely a labour of fanatic love of the club or b) a poor financial decision. There simply is not other way of looking at it. I don't see RD as man with passion for CAFC, nor do I doubt his business acumen.

So, I remain more than a little puzzled about the whole business plan and I think back to a couple of months ago when we were looking decent and sitting around the play-off zone. I think most of us felt that we were a couple of good players away from being able to cement a place in the zone or even better. What happened next? The owner was interviewed and basically warned us, the fans, that we were punching above our weight and, effectively, to lower our expectations somewhat. It was clear then that the money train is well and truly side-lined and that RD cannot se beyond this bizarre notion that (some day) we will produce a whole team of academy stars that are the equivalent of the Man Utd 'kids' that will storm us into the Prem.

Is that going to happen? No. On tha basis, can someone please tell me how RD is going to turn a profit from investing in Charlton?

By slowly but surely turning it into a Liege B side (hence not having to pay through the nose for wages or transfer fees), which will help him sell players for money he wouldn't otherwise be able to do (because they are now in the shop window), as well as selling our young players.

If he wanted to do his best to get us in the Premiership then he would have i) stated or alluded to it at some point ii) be making proper investments into our squad and management team.

I don't think he has done either of those.
  • Options
    IA said:

Peeters is obviously a straight shooter and is telling it like it really is - working in PR myself these days this is pretty much as bad as it gets, this utterly undermines the credibility of RD, KM and even Luzon.

When a former manager goes public - remember that Powell mainly kept his own counsel - and says he is being told who to play and having sub-par players foisted on him then the club has a critical problem, not just operationally but in terms of PR.

Worst of all? Not even the best spinmeister can get us out of this.

Surely the reason Powell kept his counsel was to have a chance of managing again.

If it gets picked up outside the Charlton bubble, then I'd say Peeters would be the big loser from the fallout.

Anyway, on to Wolves. Oh Guy Luzon. He's got some hair but we dont care
    Fair enough, but I think people in football now know that the situation at Charlton is so outrageous that Peeters is within his rights to speak up.
  • Options
    The dynamics changed at Sparrows lane when managers/coaches leave.
    first Powell who was easy going and then Riga who was calm.
    Plus Andy hughes and Ben Hamer who were manic and liked to play tricks on the players left at the end of last season, the mood seemed to change and under Bob who was only on a years contract, friction was in the air.
    Morrison and Wilson became just squad players after being regulars last season.
    Only JJ, Solly and Wiggins left from the Div 1 winning side.
    Young players struggling to establish themselves.
    Network players and players coming in from other european leagues.

It's been difficult since mid September but we managed to remain the last team to lose.
    Bob Peeters speaking out could be any of the last 3 coaches as they have all been hamstrung by Roland's system.
    The interview By the owner on 1905 youtube 3 months ago he said he was surprised by how animated Peeters was on the pitch.

Duchatelet has certainly handed a poisoned chalice to Luzon.

Let's see if he drinks it, or can throw away that cup plus the shackles that
    Roland has placed on him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    People look back on the Div 1 title team with understandable fondness but this is now our third season back in The Championship. Teams evolve.

Think back to Lennie's promotion team; within a season mainstays like Mike Flanagan, Nicky Johns, John Pearson and Mark Aizlewood had gone and were soon followed by George Shipley, Jim Melrose, Steve Thompson, Alan Curbishley, Mark Stuart and John Pender. And this was before players could leave on a Bosman. The only survivors from the Lennie promotion squad 2.5 seasons later were Steve Gritt, John Humphrey, Robert Lee and Mark Reid....plus Lennie himself.

You could definitely argue that in Lennie's day, the departees were replaced by better quality replacements. But you could also make a similar argument about Chris Powell's Div 1 squad. Would the following be seen as an upgrade on the current squad? Matt Taylor, Danny Hollands, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, BWP, Hogan Ephraim, Lee Cook, Danny N'Guessan.

The clearer upgrades/useful additions from Chris Powell's squad would be Michael Morrison, Yann Kermorgant, Dale Stephens and Ben Hamer.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

People look back on the Div 1 title team with understandable fondness but this is now our third season back in The Championship. Teams evolve.

Think back to Lennie's promotion team; within a season mainstays like Mike Flanagan, Nicky Johns, John Pearson and Mark Aizlewood had gone and were soon followed by George Shipley, Jim Melrose, Steve Thompson, Alan Curbishley, Mark Stuart and John Pender. And this was before players could leave on a Bosman. The only survivors from the Lennie promotion squad 2.5 seasons later were Steve Gritt, John Humphrey, Robert Lee and Mark Reid....plus Lennie himself.

You could definitely argue that in Lennie's day, the departees were replaced by better quality replacements. But you could also make a similar argument about Chris Powell's Div 1 squad. Would the following be seen as an upgrade on the current squad? Matt Taylor, Danny Hollands, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, BWP, Hogan Ephraim, Lee Cook, Danny N'Guessan.

The clearer upgrades/useful additions from Chris Powell's squad would be Michael Morrison, Yann Kermorgant, Dale Stephens and Ben Hamer.

Good point, but I would say that these five:

Matt Taylor, Danny Hollands, Danny Green, Bradley Pritchard, BWP,

were clear upgrades when they joined, they were hired to do a job, and did it handsomely - even Green had his moments.
  • Options
    Taylor and Wagstaff. Maybe not as technically good, but at least cared and gave their all.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

So then...Who won the Karting day out?

Fox.
    And as a reward he's back in the first eleven
    ;-)
  • Options
    That article is all over Belgian media today. If that's the cause of KM tweeting there's still a week left to have some guys coming in, all the better ...
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options

Move on

Why?