Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters Speaks Out

Comments

• Options

Bubble said:

"All the players I brought in, they played .... there were some players they pushed to you too. I think you can fill in your own names."

"And even after a game it was always about those players. Why did they not play? Why did they not come on?

Because they're sh!t Roland and the sum total of their experience is four and a half games in the Hungarian second division.
  • Options

Bubble said:

"All the players I brought in, they played .... there were some players they pushed to you too. I think you can fill in your own names."

"And even after a game it was always about those players. Why did they not play? Why did they not come on?

"You have to answer, is the network working, and not only in the Championship. It can only work when they are on the same level".

"I played my team - and it cost me. When people say why dont you play him because he's a premier league player, then I have my thoughts about the recruitment."

Who is he referring to there?

Yes, I thought the same. Bulot?
  • Options
    How do we go about a fans buy out of the club?
    Seems to me that's the only way to get out of this mess.
  • Options
    Peeters must have known this would be the case after Powell and Riga?
  • Options
    Can someone post the whole interview in one piece please, rather than loads of people quoting a snippet and commenting on it?
    I'd like to read the interview in context and I can't get hold of an SLP out here!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jamescafc said:

Bubble said:

"You have to answer, is the network working, and not only in the Championship. It can only work when they are on the same level".

"I played my team - and it cost me. When people say why dont you play him because he's a premier league player, then I have my thoughts about the recruitment."

Probably Coquelin as he was the only premier league player we had! Did it take a while for Coquelin to get into the team, now look at him.
  • Options

Bubble said:

Probably Bulot?

If the objective is to send higher value players to us to get them English exposure, add value then sell them then they need to play don't they?

Conventional fans want high value players to come in too so all good... Or is it?

Thuram, Watt and Tucudean all cost Liege around €1.3m which is basically dead money and M.Duchatelet needs to take that as a hit and move on. He needs to get a recognised authoritative director of football in as well who can help take the fans of Liege and Charlton on the journey.

Basically it needs to be crystal clear that winning games and finishing in the top six is an objective to be met within 18-30 months. Even if that means paying serious money out on loans and older players.

It's going to be hard, bloody hard to push up the league because there is big money chasing the players who can help a club do it.

But clubs the size of Ipswich, Bournemouth, Watford and Brentford are up there.

So sure the owner wants top dollar for Bulot...and Watt...and Gomez. But he might want to consider the enterprise value of the club too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No doubt the truth lays somewhere in a blurred middle ground that I doubt we'll ever really find.

This, as usual.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

jamescafc said:

Bubble said:

Probably Coquelin as he was the only premier league player we had! Did it take a while for Coquelin to get into the team, now look at him.
    Coq was the only one I could think of. But was it the case that he sat on the bench for long? He was from a Prem club, but was not at the time an established Prem player. That of course was why Arsenal sent him. If we'd got Alex Song and then put him on the bench I could see that RD would have a point.
  • Options
    Coq had played 46 times for Arsenal? and played in Champions league was also voted MOM a few times in them 46 games, imo should of walked straight into the team.
  • Options
    @clem_Snide is giving us some inconvenient truths there. Agree with @Nicholas too, the Morrison episode bothers me a lot. I'd like to hear how Peeters explains that.

But then again…we all now understand that the modern English League is all about a squad game. The best managers (ok coaches if you must) are adept at keeping good players, who are not automatic first team choices, motivated, fit and involved. That didn't happen with Morrison. But suppose the pressure was coming from RD. His model says you don't waste money by having "expensive" players that don't actually play.

We don't know the truth, yet, about this, or a lot of other matters. That shouldn't stop us from asking.
  • Options
    I think the Morrison thing is a mute point to be honest. Morro was probably told at the start of the season that TBH and Bikey were first choice CBs and the way they performed meant he didn't get a look in.

I didn't get the feeling he was froze out at all. Obviously we could do with him now but I doubt MM was willing to sit on the bench in the prime of his career.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I think the Morrison thing is a mute point to be honest. Morro was probably told at the start of the season that TBH and Bikey were first choice CBs and the way they performed meant he didn't get a look in.

I didn't get the feeling he was froze out at all. Obviously we could do with him now but I doubt MM was willing to sit on the bench in the prime of his career.

Agreed. You also have to add in that the couple of times he did get on he hardly covered himself in glory.

Loads on here slated him after Rodagella skinned him for Fulham's 3rd goal.

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Players were tired but you never thought to use Morrison more when you had him.

This is a quote from a local (Midlands) paper interview with Morrison that someone's posted on the Morrison thread.

“It was quick in that sense, but I had been waiting for a club to come along really since Bob Peeters took over at Charlton in the summer.”

Guess Peeters took an immediate dislike to Morrison for some reason. Shambles all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bubble said:

i'm guessing players like Bulot

• Options

So in the space of a week we go from good riddance Bob, your are an ego maniac, crap manager and bully to nasty evil Roland and Katrien have wronged Bob.

The mood swings by some on this site are unreal.

I don't believe the mood swing has changed at all. Most of us know that RD & KM are to blame. BP wasn't getting the results and had to go. It's nothing personal. However, when someone finally gets the chance to speak freely, without the fear of losing their job, damaging their reputation, or suffering any major repercussions, often what they say is true.

I believe he would have known that RD & KM were difficult to work for, but like many of us, probably thought he could be different. He could change or persuade them. Could make them see things from a different perspective etc. Then it becomes obvious he couldn't. I think he made a mistake coming to Charlton and should have stayed put.

Most football club owners own a club, because they want to win. They enjoy football. They are passionate about the game, they are ambitious, they want to challenge. It is clear to me that RD & KM are not like that. Football to them is a business. They are in it to make money. They are not interested in winning a cup, pushing for promotion or anything else. They want the odd player to have a great run in English football and to be sold for a tidy profit.

RD has demonstrated that his judgement is flawed. His relationship with managers is dreadful. He hires and fires at will. CP made his feelings known after he was sacked. JR was treated dreadfully, and now BP has publicly said what most of us already knew. GL has a tough task ahead of him and I think he will fail. He will not be here at the beginning of next season.

RD & KM are to blame entirely. They lie. The way they run the club is poor and insulting to the fans who deserve so much more. They have no ambition, no real interest in football, no understanding of the club they now own and no respect for the fans. There are many on here who are willing to accept that and be part of that new era, but equally there are many who are not. Me included. I deserve better. We deserve better. I want RD and KM out. I don't care about the new pitch, new seats etc. That is just painting over the cracks. The atmosphere at the Valley is dire. The football is crap and the fans haven't got a clue whats happening. That is not my Charlton. Even in past dark days, we stuck together, our voices were heard and the players gave it their all. Not now..

• Options
    cafctom said:

Bob Peeters was a poor manager for us, and Roland is a poor chairman for us. Both are possible @Clem_Snide‌

Chris Powell confirmed in an interview with Mark Clemmett on The Football League Podcast that Roland was interfering with him regarding team selection.

Slowly starting to hate what this club is becoming.

Agree. I still say good riddance baldy but also can't disagree with what he says about transfers.

Alex dyer mentioned things and got called a bitter ex employee. Joke of a club.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Virtually what Chris Powell said as well.
  • Options
    Is this the same Peeters being defended that was playing players out of position, slagged off players behind their back and to the Press and had players making moves behind his back to get rid of him?
  • Options
    Roland is going to interfere way too much regardless of who the manager is....without even attending matches! He does not want a good manager, he wants involvement and to over see every decision. His vision and understanding of owning a football club is completely different to ours, he wants total control and will get it.

If for some surprising decision, he recruited curbs, curbs would have been out the door after 2 weeks as a mutual agreement.
    He sorted the shocking pitch out, well if he hadn't, it would have probably meant we couldn't field a team on it this season and would have been heavily fined by not meeting the standards.

• Options
    Hex said:

For me this confirms what I think RD's real plan is - it's to make money from buying and selling players. It will help if the teams are successful but it is not of primary importance. If promotion comes then great but no real effort will be made to make it happen UNLESS by some fluke we are get very close and the investment can then be justified (eg what MAY have happened this month if we were in the top 6). Naturally, RD/KM will say they are building the club over the long term but that is just to keep us sweet. At all costs they need to avoid publicity like the last few weeks as it cannot help them in attracting players to us or the network. GL's appointment is to do just that (as we all know!). It is significant that KM said that the most important thing is the trust between the owner and head coach - I'd like to suggest that more important is the ability of the head coach to coach and manage players - trust IS important but not AS important.

I'm in no position to dispute that, I just don't see how it will work. There's a serious risk of us getting relegated this season. Even if we don't, I think it's likely that we'll lose a significant number of season ticket holders over the summer. Considering that we already operate at a loss, I just don't see where the profit comes from - I would have thought he'd need to be making a circa £10m per annum profit on player turnover to make an overall profit.

Baffling.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

It's a 3 way tie with Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool to be the worst run club in English football.

you can add Leeds Utd to that list.