Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters Speaks Out

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015

I don't think he's talking about Coquelin. What he's saying is that he was told by RD/KM that some of the players being pushed on him were PL standard but they are not. Think Tucudean, for example. Hence the problem is recruitment.

OK thought he meant Coq.
    So wished we had kept Morrison now as he would of been back into the fold.
    We have seen the best of Bikey now and his imaginary friend as all the clubs he has been at he always starts off on fire then turns into a steaming bag of turd. Morro much better defender.
    -1 against Peeters there
  • Options
    Those Peeters quotes could be lifted directly from Dyer's interview after Powell was ousted. I said on another thread that I was worried Roland had learned nothing when Katrien's reasoning for hiring Luzon was because they were comfortable working with him, and this makes me feel the same way. Roland is a wealthy old man who thinks he has nothing left to learn and we're going to continue to suffer for it
  • Options
    Agree there is a hell of a lot to be concerned about but he did the same to Harriot. After he missed that open goal against Brentford he froze him out the team for ages, then he got desperate and even more baffling started to use him as striker. Callum should have been brimming with confidence especially after the way he finished last season.
    I know a lot of people don't like Harriot but I think Bob made up his mind about him from very early on. Remember the poster on here who said he saw him Bob on the train when he first joined that Bob basically thought he was crap.

The same can be said about Wilson, how does a player who looked half decent last season turn out to be so awful this season.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Hex said:

For me this confirms what I think RD's real plan is - it's to make money from buying and selling players. It will help if the teams are successful but it is not of primary importance. If promotion comes then great but no real effort will be made to make it happen UNLESS by some fluke we are get very close and the investment can then be justified (eg what MAY have happened this month if we were in the top 6). Naturally, RD/KM will say they are building the club over the long term but that is just to keep us sweet. At all costs they need to avoid publicity like the last few weeks as it cannot help them in attracting players to us or the network. GL's appointment is to do just that (as we all know!). It is significant that KM said that the most important thing is the trust between the owner and head coach - I'd like to suggest that more important is the ability of the head coach to coach and manage players - trust IS important but not AS important.

I'm in no position to dispute that, I just don't see how it will work. There's a serious risk of us getting relegated this season. Even if we don't, I think it's likely that we'll lose a significant number of season ticket holders over the summer. Considering that we already operate at a loss, I just don't see where the profit comes from - I would have thought he'd need to be making a circa £10m per annum profit on player turnover to make an overall profit.

Baffling.
    Given that the network has only got into swing in the last year he probably hasn't assembled the pool of players that he wants yet but visibility in English football must (may?) add value and remember the "break-even" aim (whatever that means).

Isn't it significant that the money spent on The Valley in the summer - the pitch (which wasn't an option), painting the steps and replacing seats is all about putting a glow around what the casual visitor/viewer sees. Its cosmetic.

I think RD does know what he is doing - except the football bit !!!!
  • Options

If Bob didn't know what Roly was like to work for he should have. It's not hard to find out. Maybe Roly will eventually have to do without a manager, he can just appear on a TV screen himself like Max Headroom.

Whilst Peeters complaints about RD and KM are worrying, they're hardly surprising. What was he expecting? Think most people on here could have had a decent stab at telling him what to expect.
  • Options

Can someone post the whole interview in one piece please, rather than loads of people quoting a snippet and commenting on it?
    I'd like to read the interview in context and I can't get hold of an SLP out here!

Sorry for quoting myself, but...anyone? (Or a link? I can't find one.)
  • Options

Can someone post the whole interview in one piece please, rather than loads of people quoting a snippet and commenting on it?
    I'd like to read the interview in context and I can't get hold of an SLP out here!

Think it's only in the paper today, will probably make it onto the website next week. What you really need is some helpful person to scan the page from the paper and put that on here.
  • Options
    On its own you could say PB claims could be a bitter attempt to cover himself and shift the blame but when you have the same things coming from CP, AD and Yann and when you think about why Riga was not given the job its clear that RD is a massive problem and worry for the future of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only way this network bollocks will work is if Roland buys Real Madrid, i would then think the network would be a genius idea.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

jamescafc said:

Bubble said:

"All the players I brought in, they played .... there were some players they pushed to you too. I think you can fill in your own names."

"And even after a game it was always about those players. Why did they not play? Why did they not come on?

"You have to answer, is the network working, and not only in the Championship. It can only work when they are on the same level".

"I played my team - and it cost me. When people say why dont you play him because he's a premier league player, then I have my thoughts about the recruitment."

Who is he referring to there?

Yes, I thought the same. Bulot?
    Probably Coquelin as he was the only premier league player we had! Did it take a while for Coquelin to get into the team, now look at him.
    Coq was the only one I could think of. But was it the case that he sat on the bench for long? He was from a Prem club, but was not at the time an established Prem player. That of course was why Arsenal sent him. If we'd got Alex Song and then put him on the bench I could see that RD would have a point.
    He was only on the bench for his very first game. Which is understandable.
  • Options
    Quite simply any addick that attends home games until this lot have gone are doing a disservice to those that don't and the long history of the club. Boycott worked on Selhurst and will again. Force a sale in whatever way you can
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Players were tired but you never thought to use Morrison more when you had him.

Maybe he wasn't allowed?
  • Options
    As others have said the worrying thing is the comments of RD interfering with team selection.

RD is either very arrogant on his knowledge of football or as I now suspect it is not about how Charlton perform as such but more how certain individuals perform and then sell.

Either of the above is a disaster.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Think it's only in the paper today, will probably make it onto the website next week. What you really need is some helpful person to scan the page from the paper and put that on here.
    Apparently you can buy the digital version here
  • Options
    No surprise he went crying to a Millwall rag. Probably wants to get on side with their fans, so he has a chance of a job when Holloway gets the sack........
  • Options
    edited January 2015

No surprise he went crying to a Millwall rag. Probably wants to get on side with their fans, so he has a chance of a job when Holloway gets the sack........

As I've said before, there is no one else in the local media who would run this story at this length or be able to put the work in to get it. The surprise is that the SLP covers Charlton at all, because most of its copies are sold in areas where we have near-zero support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I've generally been patient, realistic and willing to give the network model a go. But owner/CEO interference is another matter - there's no reason why a network demands this, if anything more local autonomy is essential since RD can't be everywhere. (Equally, a single/local owner can be a dictator or micro-manager). So my concern (still) is about RD's management style rather than the concept of a network.

I can't believe that there's no smoke without fire, and it's all down to disgruntled ex-managers/coaches mouthing off about interference. And RD/KM have never made much attempt to refute such allegations have they? (or have i missed something).

But, unlike SCP, wouldn't Peeters have been aware of what he was walking into when he signed on? And Luzon especially, now. Or do they naively think (like I naively thought) that RD was willing to learn lessons & change his approach accordingly? I guess they take the job honestly believing they can resist some of RD's antics and be their own men -- then don't like it when they are reminded who pays the wages
  • Options
    Someone tell that teat Duchatelet to get his coaching badges and have a go, if he thinks he is good enough.
  • Options
    Coq came on as sub for the first two games...Leeds and Reading away....and made three full appearances....Millwall, Ipswich and Forest.
  • Options
    Anyone have the opinion that at Rolands age why is he even bothering with all this multi-club malarkey? Surely fishing or gardening would be a better suited past time.
  • Options

FFP has been blown away.

Personally - think this was the turning point in the strategy (and I'm sure there was one - just not public).