Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favorite European City

Comments

• Options

Been to most of the cities mentioned - good choices mainly, puzzled by Bruges, lived in Belgium for a couple of years and spent to much time in the plastic little toytown entertaining guests - Antwerp and Leuven were great

Roland?
  • Options

Been to most of the cities mentioned - good choices mainly, puzzled by Bruges, lived in Belgium for a couple of years and spent to much time in the plastic little toytown entertaining guests - Antwerp and Leuven were great

Roland?
    Haha
  • Options
    Antwerp was cool leuven I was non plus about
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I fell in love with Amsterdam as a teenager and it's still going.

But I married Prague, and have never regretted it :-) Why? The best beer in Europe for just over a quid, nobody looking for a random fight, getting home from the pub easily on the tram, the best radio station in the world (Radio 1), funny, intelligent graffiti, walking to a meeting across Old Town Square on a spring morning, the lack of ageism among Czech women, winter is proper winter, and summer is proper summer.

Berlin is changing before our eyes, go there before it becomes boring.
  • Options
    Rome. For reasons others have said. Also like Florence, Pisa, Volterra, Paris, Vienna, Salzburg, Bruges. Closer to home I like Edinburgh and Cardiff too
  • Options
    Copenhagen.

Clean, friendly, beautiful women...................and right next door to Sweden.
  • Options
    So many fantastic cities out there, my top 3 are probably Barcelona, Berlin and Munich, but I have enjoyed so many more, they are steeped in history and have plenty of great drinking and eating options.
  • Options
    I have been to quite a few in Europe. Paris and Rome are both really special, and very romantic if going with a partner. There are some amazing sights and the food quality is very good in both cities.

Germany however is my favorite, I have been to Munich, Berlin and Nuremberg, the latter being my favorite as it is steeped in history. But overall Germany is great for history plenty of things to see and do and the food is also very nice, not forgetting the famous German beers.
  • Options
    Got to give a big shout for Berlin it has history, fantastic nightlife and places to eat, not too expensive either for a Capital city. Other than that of course London and then Prague which beautiful and has agreat music scene. Stockholm in summer (all the blond birdies out and about) is also a treat.
  • Options
    Not many places I've been that I have not liked. Paris sticks out as one though.And Sofia wasn't the nicest (women and cheap beer apart) and Dnipro was the edgiest place I've been

Loved:

Helsinki
    Riga
    Tallin
    Dubrovnik
    Munich
    Dusseldorf
    Berlin
    Cologne
    Glasgow
    Copenhagen
    Venice
    Barcelona
    Amsterdam
    Kiev
    Donetsk
    Krakow

Some of those were drunken stop overs and most were football trips but I loved what I saw.

Rome, Lisbon, Madrid, Edinburgh and Rekyavek (sp) are on my want to visit list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    London
    Rome
    Venice
    Blackburn
    Munich
  • Options

I fell in love with Amsterdam as a teenager and it's still going.

Berlin is changing before our eyes, go there before it becomes boring.

Was in Kreuzberg/Berlin in '88 great place and completely full on.
  • Options
    After London, Seville, me pals got a lovely apartment there and me and my gf stayed there last year with them, food and drink spot on and lovely buildings too. We'll worth a visit,we're going back this year
  • Options
    Lincoln
    Rome
    Barcelona
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oslo.
    Malaga.
    Bruges.
  • Options
    i love rome
    napoli has raaaaa

going to Florence for a few days in feb.

anyone got hotel suggestions
    5 nights. 100 euros a night budget. nearish to centro best.
  • Options
    Milano.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Rome
    Florence
    Venice
  • Options
    Been to lots of cities across Europe my favourites are Hamburg & Antwerp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    London obviously, I liked Barcelona, not everyone does though and Berlin which everyone seems to enjoy.

There's a U in favourite by the way, we're not American!
  • Options
    London
    Dublin
    Florence
    Amsterdam
    Berlin

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Going back to the original question, which seemed to ask for ONE city rather than a string of them... :wink:

Brussels - friendly people, not stupidly expensive and the art nouveau architecture.
  • Options
    Seville - amazing city, nice food, not expensive.
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Seville - amazing city, nice food, not expensive.

Bleeding hot in the summer though...
  • Options
    This thread has made me want to go to all these places; Europe has just so many fabulous cities.

My 1,2,3s after London are Venice, Rome and Amsterdam (just pips Paris because my wife is part Dutch).

Also love Edinburgh, Oslo, Madrid, Stockholm, Talinn, St Petersburg, Vienna, Salzburg, Bruges, Copenhagen, Florence.
  • Options

Love Tallin and Dubrovnek. Stockholm is a cracking city as well. Liked Oslo but sooo expensive.

In general I am a fan of eastern Europe. Loved Riga and had a cracking time in Bratislava.

If you are a fan of Eastern Europe, I suggest you visit Stratford.
    So lots of good looking women in Stratford then? Funny, didn't notice them when we caught the train there to Ipswich...
  • Options

Love Tallin and Dubrovnek. Stockholm is a cracking city as well. Liked Oslo but sooo expensive.

In general I am a fan of eastern Europe. Loved Riga and had a cracking time in Bratislava.

So lots of good looking women in Stratford then? Funny, didn't notice them when we caught the train there to Ipswich...
    It was tongue in cheek Prague. But now you come to mention there are a fair few.
  • Options

It was tongue in cheek Prague. But now you come to mention there are a fair few.
    And did make me laugh too. Went back to add my LOL.

• Options
    Food in Belgium ? Check this out : http://www.cntraveller.com/restaurants