Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fortitude sky Atlantic

Anyone watch it last night?

Got about 45 minutes in and realised it was on until 1050 so went to bed and recorded the rest.

Seemed quite strange and a bit difficult to understand but I suppose that'll change over the series.

Comments

• You went to bed at 9.45?!?!

Anyway, I have it recorded and will watch it over the weekend.
  • Didn't watch it but intend to. Any good?
  • I did nt watch it and I got to bed at 2am
  • I recorded it.

BTW I was in bed by 10:50.

Quite a late one for me. Bear in mind I'm out of bed at 5am and out of the door by 0540 every morning.
  • buckshee said:

You went to bed at 9.45?!?!

Quite a late one for me. Bear in mind I'm out of bed at 5am and out of the door by 0540 every morning.
    Show off.

might not want to bother. Watched it in anticipation after all the build up & frankly a bit disappointed. Not saying it wasn't any good, but too much going on (especially for the first episode) for my liking. Certainly not a Broadchurch or Happy Valley and shows that the best dramas are done by the networks.

I don't want to include any spoilers so I'll wait for you to watch it before I add any more.............
  • didn't watch it and was in bed by 11.
  • I watched it and was in bed by 11:15.
  • Macronate said:

didn't watch it and was in bed by 11.

Are you me? or my wife?

• Sponsored links:

• I watched it and still haven't gone to bed! Sort of agree with golfaddick loads going on in first episode and was expecting more after the build up but I also enjoyed it and will follow it.
  • Swisdom said:

Macronate said:

Are you me? or my wife?

your wife insisted we turn in at 11 :smile:
  • We watched it... and as it dragged on i checked and noticed it was finishing till 10.50... and since he had to be up at 5am we recorded the rest from 10.30.
    Did it get any more interesting in the last 20 mins golf?

• I didn't watch it and went to bed at 12.30.....rebel without a cause.......I am tired this morning though!

It looked interesting so I was interested in it, after reading this I might swerve it.
  • Curb_It said:

We watched it... and as it dragged on i checked and noticed it was finishing till 10.50... and since he had to be up at 5am we recorded the rest from 10.30.
    Did it get any more interesting in the last 20 mins golf?

it got more complex when Stanley Tucci turned up !!
  • have recorded it. will do the same as I do with all new Charlton signings, give it a chance and judge for myself once I've watched it.
  • Watched it but got a bit bored part way through. Probably won't bother with the rest of the series.
  • I saw a bit of that. Is that who that was? He looked familiar... I thought it wsa Ben Kingsley... it was late it was past 10pm.
  • have recorded it. will do the same as I do with all new Charlton signings, give it a chance and judge for myself once I've watched it.

so what you are saying is that you will give it 20 mins & then start booing.........
  • I'm rubbish i knew i also recognised the mum of the young boy, it was bugging me. Just looked her up - she's off Call the Midwife! What a step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched it. I won't put any spoilers in, but as others have said there is too much going on and there are some anomalies in the plot(s). Not over impressed so far and if the remaining episodes were all 1 hour 50 minutes I'd give up now, but I believe they're only 1 hour each so will persevere.
  • Macronate said:

Swisdom said:

Macronate said:

Are you me? or my wife?

your wife insisted we turn in at 11 :smile:
    Time or number?
  • I'll record the whole lot and have a box set day or not if its crap.
    Sky have given it a real big build up, hope it lives up to the hype.
  • I was very confused

"here's 30 characters and 5 sub plots" - go for your life
  • 3 very large glasses of wine meant that it was all too difficult for me to follow. I went to bed with 40 minutes to go and can't decide whether I need to watch it all again or give up.
  • I watched it and after an hour thought, 'too bleak, depressing and complicated', but couldn't be bothered to get up, so carried on and got much more drawn in. Will probably end up watching the whole thing.
  • Wanted to watch this, but (for some unknown reason) sky atlantic is no longer available on Virgin......... :neutral:
  • 3 very large glasses of wine meant that it was all too difficult for me to follow. I went to bed with 40 minutes to go and can't decide whether I need to watch it all again or give up.

In fairness I was about 5 pints in as well
  • Uboat said:

I watched it and after an hour thought, 'too bleak, depressing and complicated', but couldn't be bothered to get up, so carried on and got much more drawn in. Will probably end up watching the whole thing.

Are you talking about Fortitude or an average trip to the Valley?

• I stayed up late and watched it all. Good cast and some surprising scenes. I enjoyed it and think it might develop nicely. No-one has mentioned the woman who was a younger doppelganger for Suranne Jones. It was uncanny.