Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortitude sky Atlantic

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Watched the previous two weeks episodes in one hit last night.

The whole thing is completely bonkers!! Still I'm gripped for Thursdays now.

Yes thats the first series scidbox.

Saw the last 3 over the last 2 nights - all a bit odd really.
  • Options
    Well, thoughts ?
  • Options
    I'm still struggling with mine AFKA!!!
  • Options
    I think Dan deserves a holiday.
  • Options

I think Dan deserves a holiday.

Ha, you must be bugging my house as when he was standing at the end looking out I said exactly the same thing !

• Options
    Really not sure how I feel about that final episode of the first series.

I presume that the Russian(?) who ended up with the mammoth bones/carcass "doon the hole" might play a part in the follow up series when it's aired.

Very different though and my kind of weird prog.
  • Options
    A bit weird for sure.

• Options
    Like a lot of others wasn't sure at first but have grown to totally love it. Enjoyed last nights final episode as tied up just about enough loose ends so weren't left totally hanging.
    Not sure where they will go with the next series though with everything having been explained.
  • Options
    Surely the second series is going to see everyone die after all the wasps fly out of the now gaping hole in the ice?? Second series to last one episode? I did enjoy it, even if I jumped at the 'scissors in the stomach' part - I wasn't expecting that at all...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The second to last episode was great.

Last night's was good - but thought it a bit far fetched he survived the explosion and they could rescue him straight away and give him mouth to mouth? but then, the whole thing is a bit crazy so not sure why I was surprised!

There are still bits I must have missed or don't understand. (I may have fallen asleep in previous episodes!) How and when did Johnny Harris get in the cupboard? assume he locked himself in there to prevent doing damage - same as Elena handcuffing herself to the bed as she knew it was bad. When did they drill the hole - did I miss that bit? I saw them mark the cross, and he fix the cable, but then after the police man turned up on the jet ski he just winched himself down? the truck hadn't moved!? How could the mammoth/flies underground continue to multiply when there would have been no air/light supply to them!?

edited to say - fully understand anyone reading the above having not seen fortitude will be scratching their heads wondering what the hell this programme was about. Having seen it - I think a fair few people are doing the same even after watching it all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I did think it odd that they killed the wasps by blowing up the room - surely not all them would die & burning them like they did to the mammoth would have been a better idea......and then doing mouth-to-mouth on him straight away..........pleeeeeeease !!

Also, did they ever find the girls dad - was he not locked up in a room somewhere ???

As for the hole (see above) - they clearly drilled it after marking out X marks the spot- wake up back there !!
  • Options
    You saw the girls dad still in the cupboard at the end as they were torching the house.
  • Options
    Did they torch the house ? Missed that bit.

When and how did the girl who handcuffed herself to the bed get the ' disease' ?
  • Options
    @PL54 we have to assume she got the disease from the bloke locked up in the house...the key had fallen from the door, so I suppose a wasp had to have got out...??
  • Options
    edited April 2015

@PL54 we have to assume she got the disease from the bloke locked up in the house...the key had fallen from the door, so I suppose a wasp had to have got out...??

I had the same question as @PL54 and came up with the same conclusion.

There was no other reason for him to keep getting shown if it wasn't to tee up him contaminating the Spanish bird.
  • Options
    And if the door was locked from the outside then the bloke inside didn't lock himself in.
  • Options
    Did we see key fall from the door? If not he could have locked from inside and slid it out under the door ?!?
  • Options
    Didn't the Scouser attack the girl's dad and lock him in the cupboard? One episode started with fairly unclear footage of him being attacked with an axe, then Scouser returned home with blood and scratches all over him. No idea why his eyes went white though. That's Fortitude for you.
  • Options
    Why did Elena smear jam over her face?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uboat said:

Why did Elena smear jam over her face?

to turn me on
    Call me old-fashioned, but I've never really gone for the 'sweating profusely, looking psychotic and holding a sharp object' look.
  • Options

Then you've never had a night out in Erith @Uboat

Ha ha! You're right, as it happens.
  • Options
    Just watched the last episode. Disappointed to be honest.

The series started slowly, then became gripping and like so many other series of late, finished to tee up another series.

That said, the cinematography and some of the acting was fantastic.
  • Options
    That was a load of crap.

• Options
    found the last episode disappointing and although there was some good acting throughout the series, there was some god awful acting! Players marks as follows:

Richard Dormer as Sheriff Dan Andersen - 9
    Stanley Tucci as DCI Eugene Morton - 10
    Michael Gambon as Henry Tyson - 8
    Sofie Gråbøl as Governor Hildur Odegard - 3
    Christopher Eccleston as Professor Charlie Stoddart - 5 (taken off early doors..... nasty injury)
    Chipo Chung as Trish Stoddart - 5
    Nicholas Pinnock as Search & Rescue Pilot Frank Sutter - 3
    Jessica Raine as Julia 'Jules' Sutter - 9.5
    Darwin Brokenbro as Liam Sutter - 1 (acting as daft as his reall name)
    Verónica Echegui as Elena Ledesma - 9 (extra point for being a hottie )
    Luke Treadaway as Vincent Rattrey - 8
    Sienna Guillory as Natalie Yelburton - 8.5
    Johnny Harris as Ronnie Morgan - 6.5
    Elizabeth Dormer-Phillips as Carrie Morgan - 1 (appears to be trying not to smile while delivering her lines)
    Darren Boyd as Markus Huseklepp - 7.5
    Jessica Gunning as Shirley Allerdyce - 7
    Mia Jexen as Officer Ingrid Witry - 5
    Alexandra Moen as Officer Petra Bergen - 2 (appalling accent)
    Björn Hlynur Haraldsson as Officer Eric Odegard - 4
    Aaron McCusker as Jason Donnelly - 5
    Michael Obiora as Max Cordero - 6
    Emil Hostina as Yuri Lubimov - 6
    Phoebe Nicholls as Dr. Margaret Allardyce - 7.5
    Ramon Tikaram as Tavrani the Taxidermist - 6
  • Options
    Just finished watching season 2.

Bloody hell.

Far madder than season 1.
  • Options
    Ken Stott who plays erling Monck has been in my cab a few times. I asked him about Fortitude and he was as confused as the rest of us
  • Options
    I loved the second series more than the first.
    Very Twin Peaks.
    Right up my street.
    Brilliant:-D
  • Options
    Oh & Sheriff Dan, I definitely would & I hate beards!!!!