Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace fans embarrassing themselves again

Comments

• Options
    I know a few more than decent Millwall fans. Inevitable if you live in South London, I expect. They wouldn't be the ones booing the knee, throwing stuff or singing homophobic songs to Gallagher though.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    I know a few more than decent Millwall fans. Inevitable if you live in South London, I expect. They wouldn't be the ones booing the knee, throwing stuff or singing homophobic songs to Gallagher though.
    Vincenzo…..when at The Toolbox they may well behave in a totally different manner for all you know.
  • Options
    didn’t watch it because they both can’t lose.  Watched Hartlepool v Blackpool instead, and enjoyed the ‘pool win
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Vincenzo…..when at The Toolbox they may well behave in a totally different manner for all you know.
    Not necessarily true as I have mates who go who wouldn't.

Charlton have knee booers so let's not get too pious. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    My main concern is how much we are behind these two teams.
    Yep, found the whole thing quite depressing. Two well run clubs on our doorstep playing quite an entertaining game of football. We seem quite irrelevant and don’t seem to be going anywhere soon.

It’s not a coincidence that both clubs have people in charge who know the game. All weve got is Sandgaards son who has “a pretty powerful shot”. 
    We're absolutely miles behind both clubs especially Palace.

We're a smaller club than 2 years ago by virtue of losing our ground and training facilities.

Currently a club with a great fanbase, decent potential that rents a remarkable ground.

Have not seen anything strategy wise so far that gives me confidence this will change in next few years.

Palace have been an established premier league for nearly ten years now and Millwall have stable ownership and own their assets and appear very well run.

We are very much at the bottom of the south London pecking order and probably will be for the foreseeable.

Enjoy your Saturday folks lol
    That's a truly depressingly accurate summary Rodders.
    I'm grateful beyond measure that Tommy saved our club, but we are an established third division club now and it will take substantial resources and a little luck to get out again.
    Leeds, Sunderland, Wednesday have struggled in the past, even with money and large fanbase- it isn't easy
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

That is true. I've only heard a very small number but they always make a point of it.

Our kneeling occurs so briefly I don't get the chance to see who it is so I can call them a ****! 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

And ive heard the rent boy song over the years 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace got off at new cross before game and got run everywhere 😂😂😂
  • Options
    milo said:
    cafctom said:
    “South London belongs to Crystal Palace”

This commentator is going to make me smash this telly up in a minute 

Whilst commentating on the only two teams in south London who haven't won the FA Cup.

Completely bought into Palace were formed in 1861 bollocks too.
    Still haven't won the FA Cup yet.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    “South London belongs to Crystal Palace”

This commentator is going to make me smash this telly up in a minute 
    I’m slightly bemused as to how so many people seem to have been unaware, until now, of how much of an absolute arsehole Clive Tyldesley is.  
    Never forget people were calling for him to get the job back for England matches on ITV. Madness
    Matterface was worse.
    Not denying that. Doesn't mean that old idiot should get the job back though!
  • Options
    Were they going for the Guinness Book of Records - most baker boy caps to gather in one stadium - record today then?
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    My main concern is how much we are behind these two teams.
    Yep, found the whole thing quite depressing. Two well run clubs on our doorstep playing quite an entertaining game of football. We seem quite irrelevant and don’t seem to be going anywhere soon.

It’s not a coincidence that both clubs have people in charge who know the game. All weve got is Sandgaards son who has “a pretty powerful shot”. 
    We're absolutely miles behind both clubs especially Palace.

We're a smaller club than 2 years ago by virtue of losing our ground and training facilities.

Currently a club with a great fanbase, decent potential that rents a remarkable ground.

Have not seen anything strategy wise so far that gives me confidence this will change in next few years.

Palace have been an established premier league for nearly ten years now and Millwall have stable ownership and own their assets and appear very well run.

We are very much at the bottom of the south London pecking order and probably will be for the foreseeable.

Enjoy your Saturday folks lol
    We’re still above Wimbledon TBF! 
  • Options
    Just seen we're 14th in L1 table as well to cheer everyone up 
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Millwall have put out a statement in response to unsavoury scenes during their lunchtime defeat to Crystal Palace.

A section of the home crowd discernibly booed Palace players taking the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement before kick-off.

There were also audible homophobic chants directed at Palace's on-loan Chelsea attacker Conor Gallagher, while a bottle thrown from the stands struck Olise as he prepared to take a corner.

“Millwall Football Club has a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination and will investigate any incident of alleged abuse accordingly," the club said.

"As is club policy, any individual found guilty of discriminatory abuse is issued with an immediate lifetime ban."

Yeah, sure he is.

• Or she!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Millwall have put out a statement in response to unsavoury scenes during their lunchtime defeat to Crystal Palace.

A section of the home crowd discernibly booed Palace players taking the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement before kick-off.

There were also audible homophobic chants directed at Palace's on-loan Chelsea attacker Conor Gallagher, while a bottle thrown from the stands struck Olise as he prepared to take a corner.

“Millwall Football Club has a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination and will investigate any incident of alleged abuse accordingly," the club said.

"As is club policy, any individual found guilty of discriminatory abuse is issued with an immediate lifetime ban."

Yeah, sure he is.

Loads going to get life time bans going by the abuse the Chelsea lad got.
  • Options
    Fuck me. They threw a flare.

They are so ultra.
    The HF’s set fire to their own flag with that flare 🤣
    Surely they needed a fire certificate to get it into the rusty toolbox?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Olise hit in the head with a bottle of water thrown from the crowd.

Must be West Ham fans sitting in the home end again
    BBC Radio 5 live commentator mentioned it as if it was as normal as a throw in. Why are commentators so happy to look away when Millwall are involved? 
    Happy to look away when Millwall are involved? You’re joking right? 

You know there was lots of bottle throwing at Chelsea v spurs in the week? I doubt you did because nothing has been mentioned by any of the news outlets. If anyone gets a blind eye turned on them it’s the big clubs, and certainly not Millwall. 
    Bottles thrown at saintly Arsenal too against Man City.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Olise hit in the head with a bottle of water thrown from the crowd.

Must be West Ham fans sitting in the home end again
    BBC Radio 5 live commentator mentioned it as if it was as normal as a throw in. Why are commentators so happy to look away when Millwall are involved? 
    Happy to look away when Millwall are involved? You’re joking right? 

You know there was lots of bottle throwing at Chelsea v spurs in the week? I doubt you did because nothing has been mentioned by any of the news outlets. If anyone gets a blind eye turned on them it’s the big clubs, and certainly not Millwall. 
    Heard a Burnley player was hit by one after scoring at Leeds and also Arsenal fans rained them down at Rhodri.