Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Ice Hockey fans?

Any Charlton fans that don't mind a bit of the NHL? What team do you follow?

Comments

• love the sport.

one of those that you have to see live to fully appreciate it.

follow the Oilers.
  • Quite annoying trying to find a decent stream online to see it! I follow the Penguins. Shame there's no teams in London to see it live.
  • Best sport in the world, cursed to be both a Charlton and Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

Still, Leafs broke their 12 game losing streak Saturday (Sorry Macronate!) so hopefully Charlton will have similar luck tonight.
  • edited February 2015
    Living close to Calgary - good to see the Flames doing better this season. My home town junior team are called the Eagles :(

Not really a fan though - can't recall the last time I watched a full match
  • Pens fan here too Sheedy. Steeltown sports usually has a feed up, but you need an invite for it. Used to be on Justin.tv back in the day

Frustrating being a Pens fan at the minute. Missing Duper a massive amount, and Comeau & Hornqvist also. Ridiculous injuries this season, along with Crosby's production being down. Out in second round of playoffs again I think.

Still - could be worse... Could be a Laffs fan
  • We're on a bad run lately, the countless injuries and Sidney Crosby being inconsistent right now doesn't help! Can't see us getting too far in the Stanley Cup that's for sure. Hope Patrick Hornqvist is back soon, I really like him!
  • Kings fan myself. LA/Oakland for all my US teams
  • My fav sport. Have been going stateside every few years since 1991. Love blackhawks and flames detest deadwings and pissburgh.
  • Calgary Flames---having their best season for some time.Go Flames Go.
  • i subscribe to gamecentre live awesome service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Red wings fan here, Chelios was favourite player when I was younger, closely followed by Yzerman
  • Rangers fan after living in NY a few years back. Saw them win Stanley Cup when Messier was captain, what a leader he was.
  • Great sport - used to watch Medway Bears back in the day. As for the NHL: Followed the Pens just because a friend's nephew played for them, he has now been traded to Nashville but can't get too excited by them - Nashville just doesn't seem like a hockey town to me - that said they have the best record in the league this year! Have decided to go with the Leafs from now on having seen them a couple of times. Toronto is a hardcore hockey town.....
  • Calgary Flames---having their best season for some time.Go Flames Go.

Any reason for following the Flames JH?
  • Blackhawks fan have been since watching the play the Moscow red army team as a filler on world of sport, when UK sports postponed due to bad weather. Lucky enough to seen them play at Wembly and old and new stadiums in Chicago.
  • kevtherev said:

Blackhawks fan have been since watching the play the Moscow red army team as a filler on world of sport, when UK sports postponed due to bad weather. Lucky enough to seen them play at Wembly and old and new stadiums in Chicago.

I went to wembley for the games against montreal back in the 92season? never got to the old arena but saw us beat the deadwings about ten years ago at the united centre. Amazing arena.
  • edited February 2015
    Great sport hockey. Love it's physicality and it's history. I follow the NHL close as I love in the US. I am a New Jersey Devils fan
  • Played the sport as a youngster on ponds and park recreational rinks and would spend the entire day outside playing; then played in Industrial leagues throughout my working career....Have always been a Montreal Canadiens fan because of their history and the free-flowing style of hockey they were always known for (although that has changed to more a grinding style played in the smaller ice surfaces in North America).....
    Still believe the product has been watered down due to the number of teams now in the NHL but it does give more opportunity for those with talent to make a decent living from the game - whether in North America or Europe....
    Prefer International competitions (World Juniors, Olympics, Canada Cup, etc....) to the long drawn out NHL seasons.....
  • Just moved to Vancouver so started following (or trying to!) the Canucks
  • Absolutely love it, been in Canada 9 years and come to really enjoy watching it. Didn't have a clue at first but my boy took up playing and you start to appreciate the speed and skill over time. It's a tough tough game and I now laugh a bit when I see a Premier League player rolling around like he's been shot after a 'tackle'.

As Riley says it's a long old season 82 games, things start to get really interesting during the playoffs - which, fingers crossed, will involve the Calgary Flames this season.
    Go Flames Go !
  • Sponsored links:

• i subscribe to gamecentre live awesome service.

I was considering subscribing to that, is the streaming alright?
  • Invicta dynamos
  • Streaming on gamecenter is great. If you're in the UK, you never get blackouts - obviously if you live in the US or Canada, then you can get blacked out if a game in your local area is on, or if one of the major networks (CBC, NBC etc) is broadcasting it. Quality is really good - never seen it lag before - but obviously dependent on your BB speed/contention rates
  • I keep an eye on the Oilers as its kind of compulsory living in Edmonton but even after nearly 4 years here I'm still struggling to really get into it. Been to watch them live 3 times and had an okay evening each time but overall it find it all a bit meh. the atmosphere in the arena is pretty much non existent compared to basically any football match I've ever been to. Too many games in a season too. maybe it'd help if the Oilers weren't so shite.
  • I keep an eye on the Oilers as its kind of compulsory living in Edmonton but even after nearly 4 years here I'm still struggling to really get into it. Been to watch them live 3 times and had an okay evening each time but overall it find it all a bit meh. the atmosphere in the arena is pretty much non existent compared to basically any football match I've ever been to. Too many games in a season too. maybe it'd help if the Oilers weren't so shite.

Managed to beat my Devils last night, bollox
  • Love a bit of ice hockey (certainly more than football at the moment!). Pittsburgh Penguins fan, and went to the London Knights back in the day.
  • No atmosphere at hockey games at all it seems, then again I've never been to a game, but it feels like too much of a franchise sport.

There's not any really hateful rivalries in the whole of the NHL that compares to a football derby game.
  • No atmosphere at hockey games at all it seems, then again I've never been to a game, but it feels like too much of a franchise sport.

There's not any really hateful rivalries in the whole of the NHL that compares to a football derby game.

Once in awhile a couple teams drop the gloves and fight during the opening face off, so that's close

It not so much the lack of rivalries as the distances involved mean you don't get away fans and then the constant loud dance music being blasted at you everytime the puck goes dead kind of kills anything else off.

There is plenty of needle between Edmonton and Calgary which is a local derby in N. American terms, but in distance terms it's like Charlton's local rivals being Leeds.

• edited February 2015

No atmosphere at hockey games at all it seems, then again I've never been to a game, but it feels like too much of a franchise sport.

Try saying that to a Pens fan when they're playing the Flyers... Or the Caps nowadays