Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Ice Hockey fans?

Comments

• Options

Hahaha Sheedy. That's the funniest thing I've read for some time. Much as I would love that to be true, there's more chance of Charlton winning the league... This season! Pens are too banged up to win more than one more game this season, and that slump at the end of the season was horrible. No form going into the playoffs means no chance in them.

Almost never even made the playoffs but if they can beat NYR they can beat anyone on their day, home ice advantage tonight too. Just hopefully Ehrhoff and Pouliot come back from injury sooner rather than later.
  • Options

Hahaha Sheedy. That's the funniest thing I've read for some time. Much as I would love that to be true, there's more chance of Charlton winning the league... This season! Pens are too banged up to win more than one more game this season, and that slump at the end of the season was horrible. No form going into the playoffs means no chance in them.

Almost never even made the playoffs but if they can beat NYR they can beat anyone on their day, home ice advantage tonight too. Just hopefully Ehrhoff and Pouliot come back from injury sooner rather than later.
    Difference this year with Pens is lack of expectation and Fleury is playing ok in play offs. Pens blew hot and cold throughout season and stumbled into the play offs via wild card. Crosby woke up for game 2. Malkin looks anonymous. Letang is out for the season. Can't see it happening! Don't like pens since they traded Neal....
  • Options
    Geno always plays shit in the late season/postseason. He takes a lot of bangs during the regular season and they mount up. Almost want him to have an injury that keeps him out October-February every year to give him a decent crack at the playoffs. Dupuis is a massive, massive loss for the Pens. Such an influential player, not necessarily because of his scoring, but because of what he brings to the team in terms of work ethic, leading by example and dressing room presence

Crosby gets a lot of criticism (some of it justified, most of it not) but there's no denying he's the best player in the league. Still can't see Pittsburgh winning the cup again any time soon - he needs a scoring winger on his line, the Pens need two d-men, some more toughness and at least another two forwards with proven talent for a decent run in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Pens came up short against Rangers again.

Feel sorry for the Jets, 3rd straight game they have lost having lead in the 3rd period. OT defeat last night on the biggest hockey night in Winnipeg for 19 years- These are the sort of teams I want to see winning the Stanley Cup - Not LA/Anaheim/Tampa Bay etc. Anaheim is not a hockey town.
  • Options
    I can't see the Pens getting past the Rangers. Although a Rangers / Islanders series should be fun.

I feel sorry for the Jets too. Although I'm a Pens fan I have a soft spot for the Jets since Winnipeg got a team back again. You feel their pain as a fan who also had their team taken away. (Football in Croydon/ice hockey in the desert - its just not right!)
  • Options
    COME ON YOU CANUCKS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bcaddick said:

COME ON YOU CANUCKS!!!!!!!

Going to the game Thursday night, just hope we're not 3-1 down by then - can't see us winning 3 on the bounce!
  • Options
    Not looking good at the moment!
  • Options

Not looking good at the moment!

Not good at all! Story of the season, annoyingly inconsistent
  • Options

Spot the guy who had to be different at the Calgary game with Vancouver last night!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still alive for the Canucks! Just walking back from the game - great atmosphere. Surprised how much the hockey has impressed me since moving here - great sport. Only complaint is that so many games means individual games sometimes seem to lose importance and subsequently atmosphere.
  • Options
    Ottawa 3-0 up against Habs end of 2nd. Way to keep the series alive! Elsewhere Comedy keep fleury is keeping the rangers at bay in must win game 5 for the pens 1-1 after 2. wild v blues later...play-offs = sleep deprivation 'till June.
  • Options
    One N. American sport I've never been able to get into. Love Baseball, Football and Basketball but just can't get into ice hockey. I've seen the Sharks once but didn't really enjoy it.
  • Options
    Ross_cafc....How long you been over in Canada? Started off watching the hockey and liked it...then got totally into the game, it's an amazing game.
  • Options
    My sister and her family have lived in Calgary for thirty years so there's only one team to support.Hope the Flames win tonight and move on.Some great young players there and a top-notch coach.
    Where else have I seen that this season?
  • Options
    Bcaddick said:

Ross_cafc....How long you been over in Canada? Started off watching the hockey and liked it...then got totally into the game, it's an amazing game.

Only moved here about 3 months ago, enjoying it so far, vancouver is a great city. I always thought hockey would be the sport I'd like least here but I've got really into it. Where abouts in BC are you?
  • Options

My sister and her family have lived in Calgary for thirty years so there's only one team to support.Hope the Flames win tonight and move on.Some great young players there and a top-notch coach.
    Where else have I seen that this season?

I was really impressed with the flames on Thursday - very good young team, their technical build up play and how they moved the puck was far superior to the Canucks for the most part, just lacked the killer instinct in front of goal
  • Options
    *bump*

So we're a few games into the new season now, how is everyone's team getting on?
  • Options
    Played 3 won 3 in the Atlantic, red wings fan since the days of Chelios and Yzerman
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    usual stuff from the Oilers.....0-4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Played 3 won 3 in the Atlantic, red wings fan since the days of Chelios and Yzerman

This
  • Options
    Not good. Pens look awful thus far - fat Phil has been his usual useless self in his own end - no change from when he was with the Laffs, Geno scored last night but looks rusty and Sid has been poor. Defense doesn't look too bad, but the whole team looks as sluggish as it did at the end if last year. Losing Dupuis again for a few weeks was a massive blow.
  • Options
    No offence Leroy but I'm loving the Pens being shit. The Mrs has quite a thing for Sid so any chance I get to laugh at him I take it.
  • Options
    Hahaha - fair enough

Really don't get the whole 'Crysby' thing. He's a generational talent - like Gretzky and Lemieux and (allegedly, though it doesn't look like it yet) McDavid. Most of it is just jealousy - he's a superb athlete, has fantastic skills, is quietly spoken and never a whiff of controversy around him. Sure he sometimes whinges at refs, but he gets targeted all the time for extra attention from the opposition, which has to make it hard for him not to lose his rag.

Pricks like Don Cherry make it worse too - though he's been quieter about it of late he had plenty to say about Crosby 'whining' a few years back, and I think refs are reluctant to call penalties when they're inflicted on Crosby for fear of being seen as 'protective' of him

Anyway, the Pens' main problem is they've never replaced players like Max Talbot. All the character of the Stanley Cup team is gone
  • Options
    Daniel Sprong looks like one hell of a player
  • Options
    Leafs are useless, as per. It better be one hell of a rebuild!
  • Options
    It's early. Bruins sucked bad in their first three games. Everyone was ready to jump off the Tobin Bridge and trade away the veterans. Then they crush Colorado and everyone's reconsidering. Same for everyone else. Thanksgiving is the cutoff. Historically the teams out of the playoff spots at the end on November have a hard time getting back in.
  • Options
    Canucks having a surprisingly good start, although surely the lack of possession will catch up with them as the season goes on? Takes a very good team to win games with such poor possession stats
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Oilers have been dog shit. Business as usual. Flashes of skill from McDavid, but so far (quite understandably) he looks like a kid in a mans world. Not being helped by constantly chopping and changing his line mates.

The pressure on the kid is unreal though. He's done nothing in NHL yet but there is McDavid merchandise everywhere and he's in tons of adverts out here. the look of relief on his face when he scored his first goal the other night was quite telling I thought.
  • Options
    One thing I will say is that Eichel looks the business. Hustle, speed and positional awareness beyond his years.