Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Ice Hockey fans?

Comments

• Options
    Love my Baseball and NFL but never got into Hockey or Basketball.
  • Options
    Agreed Leroy, Jack looks mustard.

Babcock got his first win last night, Pens tonight, get your money on a Kessel hat trick.
  • Options
    what club is closest to london?
  • Options
    Streatham Redskins
  • Options
    Finally something to cheer for the Oilers last night, 5-2 win at Calgary in the battle of Alberta. 2 goals for McDavis too and was denied an absolute belter of a goal by a last ditch save.
  • Options
    Pens snuck a win against the Laffs, who were horrible yet still only lost by a single goal. I watched the game - Crosby looked well out of sorts. Playing with Fat Phil isn't doing him any favours - he knows he's an absolute liability in his own end and his game is suffering. I'd change the lines - though the problem with Kessel is who to put him out with. If you stick two solid two way players out there with him, he won't produce anything. If you put two offensive players with him he'll score 50 goals but end up minus 30 on the year. Bloke is a liability.
  • Options
    I really don't understand the Pens. It always seemed that they were so loaded with forwards that they could cruise through the regular season, but were unable to get further because playoff hockey is a different game. It harder to score, and you have to be able to defend. So what do they do, load up with another goal scorer who wouldn't recognize playing defense it is smacked him on his fat arse. They really need more balance. Crosby and Malkin can't win this on there own.
  • Options
    Sort of look out for Rangers results having been to a game at Madison Sq Gdn a few years ago
  • Options
    I don't think Crosby deserves the C on his jersey, should be Malkin's!
  • Options

San Jose Sharks fan, the perennial regular season achievers, but play off failures....

love gamecentre app as well. Hate those Ducks and Kings with a passion

finally, we have made it to the Stanley cup finals!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crosby is a jumped up shit
  • Options
    Malkin is far better. Hope the Sharks stuff them
  • Options

Malkin is far better. Hope the Sharks stuff them

I think Lightning will beat the Pens tonight, would love it if we got to the finals though!
  • Options

Pens snuck a win against the Laffs, who were horrible yet still only lost by a single goal. I watched the game - Crosby looked well out of sorts. Playing with Fat Phil isn't doing him any favours - he knows he's an absolute liability in his own end and his game is suffering. I'd change the lines - though the problem with Kessel is who to put him out with. If you stick two solid two way players out there with him, he won't produce anything. If you put two offensive players with him he'll score 50 goals but end up minus 30 on the year. Bloke is a liability.

Kessel has come to life in the playoffs, been the Pens best player (and Murray I s'pose) so far.

Tonight should be a cracker, my money is on Tampa though. Love play off hockey, maybe I'll get to enjoy some again in the next 5 years!!
  • Options
    I was worried fat Phil would be a problem in Pittsburgh but he has been a big plus late season and in the playoffs. I guess being surrounded by better players, not having to carry the team and leaving the bitter Toronto press behind has freed him up to play his game (he could still stand to lose 20 pounds though!!)

Everything crossed for a Pens win tonight (hockey in Florida is just not right anyway!!)
  • Options
    I follow no particular team but I love the game. I have a friend who has no interest in sport but he watches ice hockey for the violence.
  • Options
    No Canadian team (out of only 7 in NHL!) made it to the Play Offs for the first time in 46 years! Sad really, for the country that claims to have invented the game. Still, saved me some late nights watching Canucks!
  • Options

Streatham Redskins

Tottenham Foreskins
  • Options
    Looking forward to the finals tonight!
  • Options
    Feckin hate the Pens. San Jose's captain played for the University of Wisconsin which is just north of me so I'm really hoping they can pull it off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No Canadian team (out of only 7 in NHL!) made it to the Play Offs for the first time in 46 years! Sad really, for the country that claims to have invented the game. Still, saved me some late nights watching Canucks!

Especially when you consider that Canada has just won the IIHF World Championships as well. Canada still produces a large chunk of the top playing talent, but most of them end up down in the States. I guess if you can earn more playing in the NHL and living in California or Florida, rather than living in snowy Canada it's a bit of a no-brainer.
  • Options
    Stuck in the arsehole of the universe that is Sunny Beach, with almost no access to wifi, zero access to 3G and an ice hockey culture that's about as fervent as it would be in Nigeria.

Won't even know what the first game score is until tomorrow

Go Pens!
  • Options

Stuck in the arsehole of the universe that is Sunny Beach, with almost no access to wifi, zero access to 3G and an ice hockey culture that's about as fervent as it would be in Nigeria.

Won't even know what the first game score is until tomorrow

Go Pens!

Sell it to me Leroy!
  • Options

Why doesn't Canada have its own league

There are regional leagues in Canada Smudge, with teams that kind of act as feeder clubs to the NHL in the annual draft. At the end of the day though, NHL is the 'promised land' for all ice hockey players. For various (financial) reasons, the USA has the vast majority of NHL 'franchise' teams. The last one to move its franchise was Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg Jets in 2011.
  • Options

Why doesn't Canada have its own league

There are regional leagues in Canada Smudge, with teams that kind of act as feeder clubs to the NHL in the annual draft. At the end of the day though, NHL is the 'promised land' for all ice hockey players. For various (financial) reasons, the USA has the vast majority of NHL 'franchise' teams. The last one to move its franchise was Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg Jets in 2011.
    It's a situation akin to Cardiff and Swansea playing in the English football leagues. 30 m ish people in Canada vs 300 m ish in the USA and $$$ talks.

Lots of smaller leagues in Canada and pretty much every town of note has a team, just the way North American sports are setup, without promotion and relegation, they never get to play one of the big boys.
  • Options

Especially when you consider that Canada has just won the IIHF World Championships as well. Canada still produces a large chunk of the top playing talent, but most of them end up down in the States. I guess if you can earn more playing in the NHL and living in California or Florida, rather than living in snowy Canada it's a bit of a no-brainer.
    Not really. The NHL has a hard salary cap, so no team has a real financial benefit. You can't pay any more in the US than in Canada, and I believe all contracts are in USD. Toronto is the richest team in the NHL, but constantly fail miserably. It's almost 50 years since their last championship.

It really is about identifying talent and good coaching. In recent years it's like Roland bought all the Canadian teams.
  • Options
    Yep, we know all about failing miserably.
  • Options

Not really. The NHL has a hard salary cap, so no team has a real financial benefit. You can't pay any more in the US than in Canada, and I believe all contracts are in USD. Toronto is the richest team in the NHL, but constantly fail miserably. It's almost 50 years since their last championship.

It really is about identifying talent and good coaching. In recent years it's like Roland bought all the Canadian teams.
    You'll pay less taxes south of the border though, and have a lower cost of living.
  • Options
    2-0 Pens in the 1st. Sharks have been a little sloppy to start off. Could be 3 or 4 down to be fair