Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Very disappointing to lose some of the momentum that we had bult up, but we were playing very good opposition.

I can only base my comments from the twitter commentary, however; 20 minutes in I feared for the worst and was fully expected a tonking. On the contrary, it sounded like we rallied together and managed to gain a little more strength. It sounds like a poor start really knocked us out of the game.

Perhaps we missed Cousins in the centre, and this weakened our midfield a bit too much. In hindsight maybe a more cautionary formation (4-5-1?) would've been wise, with the aim of keeping the ball and being difficult to breakdown. Without one of our regular midfielders though, making the numbers for 5 would've been difficult!

In conclusion, 2-0 against top of the table opposition after some of the results we've had recently isn't the end of the world, it's disappointing, but semi expected. We can draw a few positives that we didn't crumble as we have before, and that we still summoned up the strength to attack back. On to Saturday when we can go again.
  • Options

Obviously not nice to lose but there are plenty of positives to take. Diarra and Eagles both looked good. I think 2-0 flattered the league leaders. Had we not rolled over so easily after conceding the first i think we could've got something.

Still, we looked like a midtable team. There is no way we are going to be relegated. Confident for Saturday COYR

2-0 flattered them! Seriously? They didn't need to get out of 1st gear in the second half
    Just saying what I saw. I thought we more than matched them apart from those first 20 minutes, which were obviously crucial to the outcome.
  • Options
    How did Alou Alou and Chrissy Goals play?

• Options

Obviously not nice to lose but there are plenty of positives to take. Diarra and Eagles both looked good. I think 2-0 flattered the league leaders. Had we not rolled over so easily after conceding the first i think we could've got something.

Still, we looked like a midtable team. There is no way we are going to be relegated. Confident for Saturday COYR

2-0 flattered them! Seriously? They didn't need to get out of 1st gear in the second half
    Just saying what I saw. I thought we more than matched them apart from those first 20 minutes, which were obviously crucial to the outcome.
    There's a fine line between a score flattering a team and a team doing what they need to do, which is a win and to nil in this case even better for them. The game was essentially over from their 2nd goal IF they defended as well as they could and it's natural for teams to play a slightly more defensive game from then on, and that's what they did.

I think Derby did a job on us and we did a job from 2-0 to keep it at that, can't expect too much more really just a shame we couldn't net for a bit of confidence. Hudds now have that 'confidence', not us.
  • Options
    Thanks, Jake.

Looks like we've picked up decent signings in those two.

• Options
    The important thing will be how we deal with the setback now. Hudders is a tough but winnable game. If we bounce back straight away then we'll be looking good for staying up
  • Options
    Perhaps a cunning plan to rest a player for a far more winnable fixture?
  • Options
    Disappointed but Spanners lost. No damage done.
  • Options
    Called it 2-0 and it was 2-0 there's a reason they're top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Were you there cos jake was?!
  • Options

Good to see Buyens made sure he didn't get a yellow by just jogging along side the fella who got the assist for Derbys 2nd

and Solly maybe should have done better for the 2nd goal at least

Shocking player Buyens. Incredibly lazy and clearly doesn't want to be here. Send him back.

On another note Luzon really mustn't rate Lepoint. Why play Wilson in the middle when you have a central midfielder available?
  • Options
    Not fussed about losing 2-0, but if I'm going to be critical I've got to say we bought a load of midfielders and we play a back up Rb in a central 2 away from home to the top team in the league? Strange decision imo. Should have gone 4-5-1. Should have used lepoint, diarra, Eagles etc from the start. Completely different game to the last 2 but we treated it the same. That being said, didn't expect anything and so we move on to sat writing off tonight as experience.
  • Options
    All in all could have been a lot worse for us with most of the teams below us losing including importantly all of the bottom 3. Another 10 or so points should be enough to keep us up, would be nice to get 3 of them on Saturday.
  • Options
    All the results went our way today so I'm not too bothered by the loss. Sounded like a bad first 15 and a good last 75. Charlton twitter said that Cousins should be back for Hudds so there should be no worries there. Would have liked to nick a goal but either way we shouldn't be too bothered by this. I will be shocked if Derby do not go up. Let's enjoy the rest of the week and beat the Hudds!!
  • Options

ross1 said:

I think who ever he played CM, there would have been grumbles, Diarra not fit enough for 90 minutes, who else could he have played in defensive CM?

Cousins. And cousins was gutted not to be playing apparently.

Personally I'm not sure it would have made a difference tonight.
    Assumed he was injured, was he "dropped" ?
  • Options
    Accumulated knocks apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

I think who ever he played CM, there would have been grumbles, Diarra not fit enough for 90 minutes, who else could he have played in defensive CM?

I imagine he had the sort of minor knock that wouldn't prevent him playing if the game was crucial for us, but as games are coming up thick and fast and tonight's was always going to be the least likely one to pick up points in, I can understand resting him
  • Options

Does that mean we can sing "Chrissy Powell Chrissy Powell Chrissy Powel"l on Saturday?

Only if we can remember the words
  • Options

ross1 said:

I'm going with "rested".
  • Options
    As said by Dazzler, this is from OS report: "Lawrie Wilson came into the side in place of Jordan Cousins, who was been rested by Head Coach Guy Luzon to allow him time to recover from an accumulation of knocks."
  • Options
    Luzon about Cousins "He felt a little bit in his muscles and needed a little bit of a rest, but he will be available until the end of the season.”
  • Options

On another note Luzon really mustn't rate Lepoint. Why play Wilson in the middle when you have a central midfielder available?

Cousins, when played centrally, is a defensive midfielder, whereas LePoint is an attacking midfielder. It wouldn't have been a like-for-like replacement and could've left us quite exposed in midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

He gave Wilson a chance and he didn't take it (again!)....Alou did by the sounds of it.

• Options
    West2003 said:

In the station waiting for the train, hands are frozen.

One word: outclassed.

We're only playing for pride now and seeing the season out.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Just rested.