Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday to sign Jordan Rhodes for 12 Million!

Comments

• Options
    how much was Charlie Austin?
  • Options

Undisclosed but QPR believed to have paid about £4m.
  • Options

if that's the case that's how much Rhodes should cost and how much watt is at the moment.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2015

Laddick01 said:

The Fact Rhodes is Valued at 12 million highlights just how good our capture of Watt was.
    No disputing Rhodes is a good finisher but he definitely lacks that something special that 12 million demands , Madness...

Watt will end up with more caps than overrated Rhodes. Fact.
    Watt should get a chance to play for the Scotland international full team on his current form. Rhodes and Watt would be an interesting front line for Scotland. According to Wikki though, Tony Watt is also eligible to play for the Republic of Ireland. Nice write up on Tony Watt's Charlton time so far as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Watt
  • Options
    I must admit I like him as a player ,be cautious though Thai money usually dodgy remember what happened at Man City
  • Options
    Sounds like Wednesday have uncovered a rough diamond. The scouts there would've really their pay this time!!

If Blackburn go out of the cup today, Derby have already done a deal to take him till the end of the season. Paying all of his (wait for it) 40k per week wages. Word is that if Derby go up, the deal is also done to sign him on a perm deal.

Source?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    vff said:

Laddick01 said:

The Fact Rhodes is Valued at 12 million highlights just how good our capture of Watt was.
    No disputing Rhodes is a good finisher but he definitely lacks that something special that 12 million demands , Madness...

Hey, according to Wiki, Tone shares my birthday. He's exactly 40 years younger.
    Also shares my forename.
    Oddly, he's Tony Watt and I'm Tony Who? (Haha......coat)
  • Options
    If we spent 12 million on Jordan Rhodes id be annoyed
  • Options

if that's the case that's how much Rhodes should cost and how much watt is at the moment.
    Not really as I think Austin has Chris Solly like knees so failed the medical hence his low price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2015

vff said:

Laddick01 said:

Also shares my forename.
    Never mind. I am sure you are a legend on your street.
  • Options
    If Wednesday have £12 million to spend then why not just clear out all the old shit they currently have and rebuild properly. Why ? because they haven't.
  • Options

Point 1 - it was in the Daily Star

Point 2 - why would he join Sheffield Wednesday - they are shit.

Point 3 - I often wonder why no premier league teams have gone after Rhodes. There must be a reason. Even that mighty, footballing heavyweight national team, that is Scotland don't pick him.

Point 4 - In reality you will end up with Gary Rhodes

Point 5 - go for a player that has a good scoring pedigree previously at hillsbrough...say....Marvin Sordell. (Before anybody says it, I'm well aware that Jordan Rhodes scored 4 in a game once there).

You want to take leaf out of our book. Top owner, fantastic network of players at our disposal. And a top class coach who will manager Real Madrid one day.

Blimey I hadn't realised Real Madrid were part of the network. I wonder when Ronaldo and Bale will be coming to us.
  • Options
    I hope it is true OP.

We have a Welsh International centre forward and a tricky left winger that can also play up front available now for a cut down price of £10 million, the pair.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Point 1 - it was in the Daily Star

Point 2 - why would he join Sheffield Wednesday - they are shit.

Point 3 - I often wonder why no premier league teams have gone after Rhodes. There must be a reason. Even that mighty, footballing heavyweight national team, that is Scotland don't pick him.

Point 4 - In reality you will end up with Gary Rhodes

Point 5 - go for a player that has a good scoring pedigree previously at hillsbrough...say....Marvin Sordell. (Before anybody says it, I'm well aware that Jordan Rhodes scored 4 in a game once there).

You want to take leaf out of our book. Top owner, fantastic network of players at our disposal. And a top class coach who will manager Real Madrid one day.

Blimey I hadn't realised Real Madrid were part of the network. I wonder when Ronaldo and Bale will be coming to us.
    As soon as Harriot and Church agree to go the other way. Only thing blocking it is, Harriot is a bit worried about leaving his Mum and Church isn't too keen on the possibility of first team football.
  • Options

vff said:

Laddick01 said:

Also shares my forename.
    Any relation of Doctor?
  • Options

Watt is a better player mate and with Vet also up front for us we already have our two 20+ goal strikers for this division.

How many Thai people have bought UK football clubs, I can only think of the chap who bought Man City and is now in prison for money laundering...

The former Prime Minister of Thailand, (Whose sister was also later PM) who put a billion $ of his businesses in the names of his drivers and maids (without their knowledge) has, I thought, avoided prison by fleeing Thailand. Fit and proper person for Man City of course.

Leicester City are Thai owned, I think. As are Reading?
    Singha and Chiang beer of course sponsor a few clubs in England and have been asked to buy out English clubs in the past.
  • Options
    If you've got 12mill, I'd break the bank to bring back Llera if I were you.

He said he wanted to play at a bigger club when he left you, and feels he should be more ambitious. Ultimately signing for Scunthorpe. Break the bank to get him.
  • Options
    Rather have Gestede.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

vff said:

Laddick01 said:

Also shares my forename.
    Are you of Chinese descent?
  • Options
    Cannot see the wendies matching his current wages (Rumoured to be in excess of £40k a week)
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Cannot see the wendies matching his current wages (Rumoured to be in excess of £40k a week)

I think they can now. Let's see how quickly they ca throw it away. This would be a good start.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Why is it starting "now"? Why didn't it start at the beginning of the season?
    You know, when you were posting that you were going for promotion this season?

I mean if Jordan Rhodes was all that (which he isn't) he still isn't going to get you into the playoffs.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

this just goes to show how the premier league is slowly breaking away from the rest of the pyramid and that money "filtering down" is not necessarily a good thing. Players can now play in the championship and make the kind of money man utd players were being paid 10-15 years ago. Lower premier league teams wouldnt want to take the punt on an unproven player with high wages so they'll stay in the championship unless they get lucky.
  • Options

vff said:

Laddick01 said:

Also shares my forename.
    Any relation of Doctor?
    I badly need to regenerate :-)

• Options

vff said:

Laddick01 said:

Also shares my forename.
    Are you of Chinese descent?
    Err, you've stumped me there Arf.
    Will have to write that off as a Whoosh

• Options
    Hu was the Chinese president?
  • Options

Hu was the Chinese president?

Haha. Okay.
    Shows how out of touch I am
  • Options
    Tony Watt Watt Watt