Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday to sign Jordan Rhodes for 12 Million!

Comments

• Options

Point 1 - it was in the Daily Star

Point 2 - why would he join Sheffield Wednesday - they are shit.

Point 3 - I often wonder why no premier league teams have gone after Rhodes. There must be a reason. Even that mighty, footballing heavyweight national team, that is Scotland don't pick him.

Point 4 - In reality you will end up with Gary Rhodes

Point 5 - go for a player that has a good scoring pedigree previously at hillsbrough...say....Marvin Sordell. (Before anybody says it, I'm well aware that Jordan Rhodes scored 4 in a game once there).

You want to take leaf out of our book. Top owner, fantastic network of players at our disposal. And a top class coach who will manager Real Madrid one day.

Blimey I hadn't realised Real Madrid were part of the network. I wonder when Ronaldo and Bale will be coming to us.

When they're 50
  • Options
    I always thought The Star was the worst performing paper for football rumours. But it seems that's not the case. footballtransferleague.co.uk/newspaper_statistics.aspx (It's a compilation of all rumours since 2006 which is presumably why the defunct News of The World still features in the list.)
    Still pretty crap though with a 1 in 5 chance of them getting something right. I wouldn't hold your breath OP!
  • Options
    Guardian ranked #1, Mail #8. Quelle surprise! :wink:
  • Options
    Stig said:

Careful Stig, praising the guardian isn't popular with our right wing element.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TBH The Guardian has so little coverage outside of the Prem it must look successful from reporting 10 rumours and three of them being right. The papers that cover football elsewhere will inevitably get more rumours wrong. £12M for Rhodes, though, that's bonkers. Would make Tony Watt worth more than Andy Carroll!
  • Options
    Rhodes has been here there and everywhere
    And never lived up to any of the hype
    12m absolute joke
  • Options

Stig said:

Careful Stig, praising the guardian isn't popular with our right wing element brigade.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Stig said:

Careful Stig, praising the guardian isn't popular with our right wing element brigade.
    Fixed that for you.
    Oh go choke on your lentil and bean kurd soufflé!!!

;0)

A the Hun
  • Options
    As my Wednesday supporting mate observed, it's no coincidence that these sort of rumours surface when season tickets go on sale
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I would, and I love Tony Watt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't do that swap either. Not currently.
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

I would, and I love Tony Watt.

really?

• Options
    Always followed Jordans career and really rate him. Although right now, on Tonys form, I suppose it would foolish!
  • Options
    Having a much more disappointing season this time around, nor a certain starter with the form of Gestede and King
  • Options
    It's exactly what a foreign Chairman would do though. Fail to address any of the shortcomings of the squad and go out any buy a blockbuster signing up front.

Despite the money he is earning and the transfer fee if he has managed to average more that 0.5 goals per game at every level he has played at there is no way anyone can tell if he would be able to achieve that at a higher level. If he can average 20 goals over a 38 game season in the Premier League he is a snip at £12m and cheap at £40k a week.
  • Options
    Would we sell Tony Watt to them for £3m ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

No. They have 12 mil to spend on JR so price must start at 15.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

You and me wouldn't but Roland might?

• Options

Would you not rather 3 or 4 players all worth 2-3 million each... In important positions?? Along with keeping the best of the current squad, that could transform your squad!

Of course I would but I'm not a foreign millionaire that wants to make a 'spash' at my new club. When these chaps arrive all sense goes out of the window!