Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien on Sky Sports tues AM.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I wrote an email to the CEO of British Telecom about how wank our home phone lines were (in better language ) and received a response from him saying he'd pass on our complaints to the relevant people and his PA would be in contact to make sure we were happy with the outcome
  • Options

I wrote an email to the CEO of British Telecom about how wank our home phone lines were (in better language ) and received a response from him saying he'd pass on our complaints to the relevant people and his PA would be in contact to make sure we were happy with the outcome

And were you?
  • Options

I'm surprised you didn't go for away phone lines...
  • Options
    Eventually , a few weeks later , they sorted the overhead wires that had been having issues for a couple of years out
    A neighbour also made contact with the same fella about the same issue and put me on to him (I wasn't grown up enough to have thought of the idea!)
    So fair play to BT
  • Options

Eventually , a few weeks later , they sorted the overhead wires that had been having issues for a couple of years out
    A neighbour also made contact with the same fella about the same issue and put me on to him (I wasn't grown up enough to have thought of the idea!)
    So fair play to BT

Did you email the geezer back to say thanks?

; )
  • Options

PL54 said:

I see, so you're upset "on behalf of someone else" ?

If I emailed the CEO of an organisation and expected a reply then it might be me that was arrogant.

This really arrogant person just walked 8+ miles for a good cause, attended 2 supporters meetings etc but hasn't replied to an email.

How does she know it isn't from her train buddy?

You appear to be upset on behalf of Katrien?
    Was she upset ?

I can't imagine she gives a shit about the emails sent in from randoms.

Just intrigued to know what the unrequited email was all about ? Could be anything from burgers to car parks to "I want to speak to your boss" to inside leg measurement. It must have been important though.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

If I emailed the CEO of an organisation and expected a reply then it might be me that was arrogant.

This really arrogant person just walked 8+ miles for a good cause, attended 2 supporters meetings etc but hasn't replied to an email.

Was she upset ?

Just intrigued to know what the unrequited email was all about ? Could be anything from burgers to car parks to "I want to speak to your boss" to inside leg measurement. It must have been important though.
    I didn't say she was, I said you appeared to be, on her behalf.

I have never heard the word "randoms" as a synonym for paying customers...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Was she upset ?

I'm generally not one to agree with @PL54 - but without knowing what the email actually contained, it's difficult to know whether it warranted a reply.

Now I'll admit I've emailed the CEO of companies with complaints before, and if they haven't personally replied generally someone from their office has. However, was this a complaint, an enquiry or what? It could well be that Katrien/her staff saw it, and delegated it to another department who failed to respond - which, I think is a very reasonable expectation at the moment.

Whilst Katrien may be the CEO, she has no doubt learnt recently that he words are very carefully inspected and examined - and I wouldn't blame her if she decided that it may be wiser to delegate client facing communications to someone a bit more saavy and/or in touch with the fan base.

Similarly, at work I generally avoid any client contact what-so-ever; if I'm not in the lift with them letting them access our floor, then I don't exist. Even if a technical query or failure gets sent my way, I generally palm off the actual client liaison to another team - now that's not me being rude (but, admittedly, akin to "passing the buck" a little) but very much that I don't want to say something incorrect, undermine someone else or be responsible for managing client expectations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    She certainly gets around .. all good publicity for CAFC .. and time better spent than replying to spurious emails from 'stakeholders', i.e. not one who owns shares or has risked putting a lot of money into the club, but one who turns up to watch games and expects a medal or a kow-towing from senior club executives for that human sacrifice
  • Options

She certainly gets around .. all good publicity for CAFC .. and time better sent than replying to spurious emails from 'stakeholders', i.e. not one who owns shares or has risked putting a lot of money into the club, but one who turns up to watch games and expects a medal or a kow-towing from senior club executives for that human sacrifice

On the contrary to what I've said above, I still believe that the fans need to be treated with a certain amount of respect - the more corporate/business side need to treat us as customers if the club is to be treated as a business. We are, in essence, powerless as we will continue to show loyalty no doubt - but that's not an excuse for poor customer relationships.

Obviously that's not to say every single letter or email deserves a full response, and I can think of numerous types of correspondence that could've been safely ignored over the past couple of months.. ;)

I agree wholeheartedly about good publicity though, we should enjoy having a CEO that seemingly wants to jump in to the whole 'footballing community' and talk directly about current issues; as she has done here and as she did about QPR and FFP.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LuckyReds said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Was she upset ?

I'm generally not one to agree with @PL54 - but without knowing what the email actually contained, it's difficult to know whether it warranted a reply.

Now I'll admit I've emailed the CEO of companies with complaints before, and if they haven't personally replied generally someone from their office has. However, was this a complaint, an enquiry or what? It could well be that Katrien/her staff saw it, and delegated it to another department who failed to respond.
    CAFC Fan did explain quite well his meaning, including the sentences:

"I accept that my comments were facetious - they often are. I have a flippant trait. I also accept that they were sarcastic but in the circumstances I do feel they were warranted and not deserving of an apology, let alone any repentance or self-flagellation.

Whatever you may think of my attempt at (I'd hoped) humorously setting out the CEO's variable "availability"...

He was being humorous, satirical if you will, and satire does not always require a whole lot of substance behind it to work.

And in response to your last sentence, others have pointed out that it is normal for CEOs to respond, telling you which department they have passed it on to.

*Please note, I composed this before your edit at 07.08 which expanded on your theme LR, and your response to Lincs post. I would hope that you too at least inform your clients that you have passed the e-mail on, and who they should contact about it, as well as making sure that the person delegated to deal with it has responded appropriately? I know every boss I ever had (bar one - who was a lazy, arrogant so-and-so ) always did that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

LuckyReds said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Was she upset ?

Now I'll admit I've emailed the CEO of companies with complaints before, and if they haven't personally replied generally someone from their office has. However, was this a complaint, an enquiry or what? It could well be that Katrien/her staff saw it, and delegated it to another department who failed to respond.

"I accept that my comments were facetious - they often are. I have a flippant trait. I also accept that they were sarcastic but in the circumstances I do feel they were warranted and not deserving of an apology, let alone any repentance or self-flagellation.

Whatever you may think of my attempt at (I'd hoped) humorously setting out the CEO's variable "availability"...

He was being humorous, satirical if you will, and satire does not always require a whole lot of substance behind it to work.

And in response to your last sentence, others have pointed out that it is normal for CEOs to respond, telling you which department they have passed it on to.

*Please note, I composed this before your edit at 07.08 which expanded on your theme LR, and your response to Lincs post. I would hope that you too at least inform your clients that you have passed the e-mail on, and who they should contact about it, as well as making sure that the person delegated to deal with it has responded appropriately? I know every boss I ever had (bar one - who was a lazy, arrogant so-and-so ) always did that.
    Bah, it's too early for this - I completely missed that. ;)

Personally I thought the response to @cafcfan was ridiculous - I got his point straight away, and I wholeheartedly agreed with it. How it devolved in to the poor guy being called sexist I can't quite understand; a massive over-reaction to quite a valid point. (As per my second post)

With regards to me at work, if I don't personally send an email letting them know I've passed it on - it will be because I'm sitting with whoever is typing the full response and I'll ensure that there's something like "LuckyReds has passed this on to me, he's informed me that .... ; and he's dealing with at the moment." as an opening line. It's certainly poor to do anything less.

I can't say I'm running a football club though, but whatever my professional responsibilities are I know that people have put trust me in me to deal with certain requests and hear their concerns.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Was she upset ?

Bah, it's too early for this - I completely missed that. ;)

Personally I thought the response to @cafcfan was ridiculous - I got his point straight away, and I wholeheartedly agreed with it. How it devolved in to the poor guy being called sexist I can't quite understand; a massive over-reaction to quite a valid point. (As per my second post)

With regards to me at work, if I don't personally send an email letting them know I've passed it on - it will be because I'm sitting with whoever is typing the full response and I'll ensure that there's something like "LuckyReds has passed this on to me, he's informed me that .... ; and he's dealing with at the moment." as an opening line. It's certainly poor to do anything less.</</b>blockquote>

Exactly LR, you know it, I know it, all my old bosses (bar one...) knew it, the CEO of BT knows it...
  • Options
    Not excusing the lack of response to emails, especially as mine was responded* to with a call from the new ticket office manager within 10 minutes, but football is unlike most other businesses and I would imagine that the number of communications sent directly to her from "stakeholders" is disproportionately higher for the size of business than for example the CEO of BT,, who also has an infrastructure below him or her to manage these communications.

Since we dropped from the Prem (remember those days) we have consistently shed staff, due to the need to reduce losses and I am sure during January and February the weight of incoming communications would have been high.

At the same time, KM would have been involved in the day to day running of the club over and above answering communications, negotiating existing player contracts, I believe JBG has already had an offer, negotiating with Watt, Johnson and Eagles and latterly Rotherham.

There maybe an argument that "she" should not have reduced staff, but I suspect that would not have been her decision but a corporate one at least forced on her by budgetary requirements and if she employed someone to answer her post I am sure that she would get a slagging from many on here.

The club should put in place some system whereby emails are at least acknowledged, even an automatic reply, but I can understand why no individual response is sent to every single email.

*Expressing disappointment at the raising of the concession age and the way it was (not) communicated.
  • Options
    Decent little feature. Didn't realise how animated she gets at games. Good on her.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    nice little feature that, made me quite proud to be a charlton fan. Jacko said she takes a more hands on role then any other ceo he has worked with before. Little mention of the fan on the train but she handled it diplomatically. Also said it was very hard to sack SCP.

Squeezed in a mention of our lovely new pitch too :-)
  • Options
    No chauffeur driven limousines either!
  • Options
    Good feature. Virtually impossible not to like her cheerfulness, and I was also impressed by her animated way of watching matches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good bit of publicity for the club, the upbeats and women in sport.

Loved the little cameo when KM told Guy off for having an untidy desk (she is a real clean desk policy person) and then she and guy were talking about a player (unnamed). KM looked quite surprised when Guy told her this player was starting tomorrow (v Reading). Assume it was Church.
  • Options
    Is there a link or anyway of watching this on catch-up?
  • Options

Loved the little cameo when KM told Guy off for having an untidy desk (she is a real clean desk policy person) and then she and guy were talking about a player (unnamed). KM looked quite surprised when Guy told her this player was starting tomorrow (v Reading). Assume it was Church.

More probably Eagles?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    wonder if it was roland she was texting at the time Luzon mentioned the unnamed player who was starting
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

More probably Eagles?
    you're right as Church didnt start
  • Options
    Is there a link to this?
  • Options
    Very impressed watching that.
  • Options
    Nice one mate
  • Options
    Can't view that for some reason - can someone put it on Youtube ?