Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien on Sky Sports tues AM.

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully she'll do a top job for Charlton, and maybe even reach the prem.
  • Options
    Good role model and comes across well.
  • Options
    Thought she came across excellently, clearly has a good sense of humour too. Amazed guy doesn't have a computer - where does he watch you tube??

To the women on this thread, I ask whether you find the focus on women in sport focus important or patronising? Why can't the focus be on recent success and how a ceo runs a club/player reaches the top of their game/referee performs - rather than the sex of the person who is achieving. Or is this single focus important to raising interest? Not aiming for controversy, just interested in views.
  • Options
    I got a bit of a flame for our Katrien, just wanted to put that out there!
  • Options

had to go out and missed it .. was it interesting/good/enlightening, some, none, or all of these ?

It's being repeated this evening at 7pm on Sky Sports 4.

thanks BS
  • Options
    As she demonstrates not all football clubs are run by suited men.
    Raises the profile of the club.
    Clever, likable lady and a Charlton supporter.
    What is there not to like?
  • Options
    brogib said:

Well Oil Beef Hooked. You've got no chance if she's read some of your contributions on the Jokes thread.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Put the flame out already, that was quick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did no one notice the part with her and Guy asking if someone will play tomorrow? whats that all about
  • Options

I'm fine with the whole women in football thing! But I noticed she's left handed! Having one of them run the club! That's just not on!

Sinister
  • Options

I'm fine with the whole women in football thing! But I noticed she's left handed! Having one of them run the club! That's just not on!

OOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
  • Options
    All the best are left handed!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the link as I missed it today. She is really passionate and I find myself warming to her all the time. As a passionate football fan, CAFC fan and a woman who enjoys most sports, I am happy to see the whole 'women's role in sport' discussed. Nobody should ever be appointed or discounted from a role because of their gender, in my opinion, simply they should be the best qualified for the role.
  • Options
    It's Clob. Not club.
  • Options
    One for the tin foil hat merchants. Any one notice when she was talking to guy he was saying "yes he will play on saturday" "starting eleven?" "Yes". Luzon the yes man?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My 3 issues were
    1. The sterile football under Peeters and other. Luzon is first coach who at lasts tries to play attacking football.=sorted
    2. Asked Katrien to promote the club after all the slagging from the British media and she said she was working on that( just 3 weeks ago)=now happening
    The 3rd issue we will find out at the end of August when we know who has come in,
    who we have moved on, and most important of all, WHO HAVE WE MANAGED TO HOLD ON TO ?

I like to see the Tete a Tete between Katrien the CEO and Katrien The CAFC Fan.
    If only we could get Roland Hooked on CAFC we might really be in Business.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

One for the tin foil hat merchants. Any one notice when she was talking to guy he was saying "yes he will play on saturday" "starting eleven?" "Yes". Luzon the yes man?

Maybe Sky didn't bother showing KM's possible question - How is Chris Eagles?

Add that line in & it becomes a different conversation to the sceptical Charlton fan
  • Options

Then did you see her face when she looked at the phone? A bit of a 'okay, on your head be it' look.
  • Options
    brogib said:

Then did you see her face when she looked at the phone? A bit of a 'okay, on your head be it' look.
    Did you see the phone itself though ? It had a little picture of RD on the key pad button 9 and the € button had TWWW just beneath it.
  • Options
    My initial thought was I wouldn't kick that out of bed for farting.
  • Options

How long before it becomes a wand of a left hand?
  • Options
    brogib said:

Yeah exactly. It definitely looked like she was asking for the benefit of some one else, even if that's completely innocent.

Also she didn't sack Powell, Roland did but let's move on etc.
  • Options

brogib said:

By phone?
  • Options

Just seen the video and to me it just confirms that this woman loves Charlton and all of us should be thankful that we have a CEO who only has our best interest at heart.
    I've seen her in the directors box and at away games and can confirm she is always animated and she goes through the ringer just like us when we are not doing so well.
    Ask yourself , who would you rather have running the club , Katrien or Manchester City supporting Michael Slater ?

I think she's a breath of fresh air.

Slater wasn't the CEO though.

Varney clearly had and has a passion for Charlton.

As did Kavanagh despite being a Hammer.

I'm not knocking KM in anyway and love it that she "gets it" but we've had other very good CEOs too who also "got it"
    But how many of them took the train back with the supporters?! ;-)
  • Options

brogib said:

Yeah exactly. It definitely looked like she was asking for the benefit of some one else, even if that's completely innocent.

Yeah, I know what you meant, but it looked the polar opposite to me.