Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket - Spring 2015 (matches against WI, IRE & NZ)

Comments

• Options
    Interesting appointment. With a view to extending it past those two tests possibly?
  • Options
    Strauss wants Justin Langer apparently
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Strauss wants Justin Langer apparently

I would be happy with Langer, Moody or Gillespie.

• Options
    You pick the best Coach for the job. I don't care what Nationality he is. Usual bollocks from the Daily Fail.
  • Options
    Completely agree. Don't know much about Langer's coaching record at WA but Gillespie would be a very good appointment.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

You pick the best Coach for the job. I don't care what Nationality he is. Usual bollocks from the Daily Fail.

100% agree. Stupid article
  • Options
    So much for Strauss being a conservative 'yes' man then !!

• Options

I didn't say he was a yes man. He was a conservative Captain. Was it Strauss choice to sack Moore? Or did it come from Graves?

• Options
    front runners for the job are Langer and Gillespie - both extremely competent coaches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I didn't say he was a yes man. He was a conservative Captain. Was it Strauss choice to sack Moore? Or did it come from Graves?

Blimey, if he was a conservative captain, what does that make Cook ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ridiculous article and the Fail in microcosm. Presumably they were unhappy with those Zimbabweans and their ashes, no. 1 test ranking and t20 world cup success.
  • Options
    Downton gone
    Moores gone
    Cook next?
    KP return?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Blimey, if he was a conservative captain, what does that make Cook ?
    Ultra Conservative.
  • Options

Downton gone
    Moores gone
    Cook next?
    KP return?

Yeah I'm sure Strauss will be texting him tonight. Now what was the four letter word Strauss used to describe KP...............?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Downton gone
    Moores gone
    Cook next?
    KP return?

Yeah I'm sure Strauss will be texting him tonight. Now what was the four letter word Strauss used to describe KP...............?
    I had completely forgotten about that!!

Maybe not then!
  • Options
    Langer was Strauss' mentor and batting partner during his early career at Middlesex, don't forget.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Langer was Strauss' mentor and batting partner during his early career at Middlesex, don't forget.

Plus he's been a very successful coach with WA.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Ridiculous article and the Fail in microcosm. Presumably they were unhappy with those Zimbabweans and their ashes, no. 1 test ranking and t20 world cup success.

The article is completely OTT (we've had Aussie bowling coaches before for a start) but it's slightly different though, as Zimbabwe aren't are biggest rivals in the Sport.

You couldn't imagine the Scotland football team with an English manager, or Keith Stevens taking over Charlton (with Danny Baker as his assistant)
  • Options

McBobbin said:

The article is completely OTT (we've had Aussie bowling coaches before for a start) but it's slightly different though, as Zimbabwe aren't are biggest rivals in the Sport.

You couldn't imagine the Scotland football team with an English manager, or Keith Stevens taking over Charlton (with Danny Baker as his assistant)
    We've had Dowie and Pardew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldn't care less what country the England cricket coach is from as long as he improves the team!
  • Options
    Usual clickbait shite from the Mail. The online media equivalent of Katie Hopkins

Would prefer Gillespie over Langer - largely because I actually like him. Langer always irritates me for some reason. Smug Aussie prick
  • Options
    England could do with something to be smug about.
  • Options

Usual clickbait shite from the Mail. The online media equivalent of Katie Hopkins

Would prefer Gillespie over Langer - largely because I actually like him. Langer always irritates me for some reason. Smug Aussie prick

gillespie would be better but he should only do it if he really wanted the job ..he has more experience and is more in touch with the current game in the UK

• Options
    lolwray said:

gillespie would be better but he should only do it if he really wanted the job ..he has more experience and is more in touch with the current game in the UK

Doesn't Gillespie also live in UK now?
  • Options

lolwray said:

Doesn't Gillespie also live in UK now?
    Head coach at Yorkshire I believe
  • Options
    KP has just reached 200* for surrey. He needs to be back in the team, the guy is class.
  • Options
    Yeah pure class, his first county championship ton in two years against against a team who haven't won in over two years in the second division of English cricket. Such class.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Riviera said:

Yeah pure class, his first county championship ton in two years against against a team who haven't won in over two years in the second division of English cricket. Such class.

300 now Riv. I suppose he could get 500 and he'd still be shit !
  • Options
    Will Pietersen be recalled ? Does Strauss still think he's a cnut ?